Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton & Next Season ......

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Remember listening to an interview with him on the radio a couple of months before he joined us saying he wanted a project and somewhere to be for the long term. He isn't the 'trendy' manager some of these prem team want. I reckon even if a bigger club came in he wouldn't be interested scarred by how he was treated at Norwich and Newcastle. We are lucky to have him but I think he feels the same about being with us!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I am just happy that CH is here and doing a bloody good job and I hope he's here for a long time - whatever division we find ourselves in next season.
As others have said - he's not "trendy", he's not outspoken poking his nose in where it doesn't belong, he's steady and that is what we need at the moment. And if steady were to mean rubbing along at "only" about 10th in the Prem well then I, and I think most on here, would happily take that

larus

I would hope that he realises what a great club this is now. Forget our emotional attachment to the club; when I say NOW, I mean the new stadium, an owner who is a fan (but doesn't want to interfere in the team) and, just as important, the infrastructure for the future with the new training facility.

This really is a great time to be a Brighton fan, and any intelligent manager would see the potential with us to build something. OK, we might fail this year, but if we do, I would have high expectations of coming back stronger next year (albeit, this league is very difficult to predict - well, apart from Derby blowing up).

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
As they did this time last year.

Most level headed Brighton fans realised that when Chris Hughton was appointed his immediate task was to ensure that the club were not relegated. The second part was to rebuild in the summer to improve the team's performances. On both counts he succeeded. Unfortunately, there are some on here who have never heard the saying - Rome was not built in a day.

What if you realised that his primary objective was to keep us up but the end of the season was so hopeless and boring, it almost made you wish Sami was in charge.

I'm normally a level headed one on here but I was despairing of his appointment at the end of last season. I'm sorry Chris.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we have been a proven goal scorer away from auto's this season......i think he's done brilliantly , much better than expected, like i said...if we had managed to pinch a 25-30 goal cf early on we would be up already.....not moaning though......bloom is clearly no mug and is not going to lash out stupid money a la rhodes...........although charlie austin may have made things interesting......i hope we get auto's because losing play offs is a massive downer but winning them would be insane.......funny old game.....:thumbsup:

i thing CH stays either way.....:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here