Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton & Next Season ......

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Agree with you totally, but if we go half a dozen games without a win the usual idiots with keyboards will be honing their idiot skills.

As they did this time last year.

Most level headed Brighton fans realised that when Chris Hughton was appointed his immediate task was to ensure that the club were not relegated. The second part was to rebuild in the summer to improve the team's performances. On both counts he succeeded. Unfortunately, there are some on here who have never heard the saying - Rome was not built in a day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agree with you totally, but if we go half a dozen games without a win the usual idiots with keyboards will be honing their idiot skills.
Of course they will, but the majority of us will stand up for what's sensible and more importantly, so will Mr Bloom.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He'd definitely deserve this, i'd even argue that we should keep him in place through potential relegation back down, to bounce straight back.
Although it would depend upon the manner of relegation and the amount of money spent, I would like to see him stay even if we came down. Burnley seem to be doing ok by sticking with their manager and like others, I'd really like him to stay for years.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I dont want him to go but if he was poached away I would like him to be replaced by Neil Warnock for at least 1 season.

I was thinking more Michael Appleton.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If we get promoted he will be sacked by Christmas as part of the relegation struggle.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whoever runs the BG account is the Alan Partridge of NSC.

Every time you start to think it's a genuine person he comes out with a one liner that floors you.
If it's a fake account, I take my hat off to the creator.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I will GIVE him a MAXIMUM of FIVE matches in the Premier BEFORE sacking him as TOP 4 in the Premier is a MINIMUM for us if we go UP

I want him SACKED at half time against Burnley if we aren't winning 3-0.
BIG Steve Evans to take over for the second half.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm pretty sure [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] reckoned he'd never go back there. Anyway, to answer the question I'd like him to stay if we go up and he will have earned another crack at the Prem. If we just fail I'd like him to have another go next season. He's been absolutely brilliant for this club and I hope he bucks the trend of short term managers.

It is strange. I put this very question to him after the Sheff Wed match. He shook his head from side to side and rolled his eyes. It was as far as I took that to mean. Hell would freeze over first. I think he had a great raport with the fans up there but what he gave the fans up there was their pride back. he won them the Championship with the most ever points and goals scored if I am correct but not 100% sure on that one.

However, more importantly, he gave them a 5-1 hammering of local rivals Sunderland, when they did go back up to the premiership. Again, if I am not mistaken, Newcastle haven't beaten Sunderland since then.

So his rapport with the fans there is first class but apart from that there was a lot more went on behind the scenes that I don't know about but the things I do know of totally appalled me. So in summary, in my opinion there is absolutely no way that he would work for some of the people at Newcastle again. I think there is even an on line video where someone filmed Derek Lambias running Chris down in a pub with fans, not knowing that someone was filming it. Not sure if the video is still around.

To answer some other points. I don't think Brighton would go down under Chris, if they do go up. He knows where to target the points to survive - Chris always says, you need about 4 transfer windows at least, whilst in the Premiership to build a solid side. That's because you need to be earning enough as a club to pay the wages it takes to bring the type of players needed to become a consolidated Premiership side.

I have always said that CH would have kept Norwich up as well if they hadn't sacked him. They were 5 points clear of the bottom 3 with 5 games to go but they panicked because they had a tough run in. And who did they put in his place for the last 5 games. Their under 18s manager. Now that's what I call ludicracy.

I don't want to take anything for granted so I never make the assumption that Brighton will get promoted but the Premiership is where he wants to manage and he knows that he is in touching distance with Brighton. He has got where he is in two transfer windows. That in itself is a major achievement, especially as he didn't go in there demanding loads of funds. All he asked the Chairman when he got appointed was to be given a fighting chance to put together a side capable of making the Premiership and the Chairman gave him that.

Now he just has to keep the players focussed and performing for another 8 games and if he can do that then the rest will take care of itself. Counting no chickens of course.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I want him SACKED at half time against Burnley if we aren't winning 3-0.
BIG Steve Evans to take over for the second half.

I want him SACKED if the pre match kick about isn't RIGHT, then we can UNVEIL Gus Poyet in the TUNNEL and SKY ratings will go into the STRATOSPHERE and they will then show EVERY Albion game LIVE for the rest of ETERNITY

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no idea and tend to think he likes the deal he has here. Either way he hasn't publicly touted himself once so I'm grateful for that.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If we don't go up then we may be at risk from lower sides in the top flight.

Who?

It won't be any of the promoted teams. It won't be Newcastle or Norwich (if they stay up). It won't be Sunderland (because Big Sam will be the kiddo for keeping them up), similarly Swansea, who were rocking until Guidolin showed up. Pulis and Howe are well entrenched at WBA and Bournemouth and Watford seem pretty happy with Flores. The only possibility is Palace and I can't see that being a popular appointment.

I'm pretty sure that Bloom would be happy to give CH another crack at it ... and CH would be happy to stay

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Who?

It won't be any of the promoted teams. It won't be Newcastle or Norwich (if they stay up). It won't be Sunderland (because Big Sam will be the kiddo for keeping them up), similarly Swansea, who were rocking until Guidolin showed up. Pulis and Howe are well entrenched at WBA and Bournemouth and Watford seem pretty happy with Flores. The only possibility is Palace and I can't see that being a popular appointment.

I'm pretty sure that Bloom would be happy to give CH another crack at it ... and CH would be happy to stay

That's all true. There are very few sides he can or would actually go to. I would also rule out Palace. If they wanted him, they would have moved for him because twice they were looking for a Manager when chris was without a club and it never happened.

The two clubs I think that will have him on their radar if Brighton don't get promoted this year are Fulham and Villa. However, even, if Brighton don't go up this year, I think by next year there would be a squad in place that would go up but again this league is very unpredictable.

Villa would never be an option brcause he managed Birmingham and he seen what happened to Alex Mc Leish when he crossed that divide. And I think he has started a job here that he wants to see through and that means getting promoted with Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here