Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton & Next Season ......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's all true. There are very few sides he can or would actually go to. I would also rule out Palace. If they wanted him, they would have moved for him because twice they were looking for a Manager when chris was without a club and it never happened.

The two clubs I think that will have him on their radar if Brighton don't get promoted this year are Fulham and Villa. However, even, if Brighton don't go up this year, I think by next year there would be a squad in place that would go up but again this league is very unpredictable.

Villa would never be an option brcause he managed Birmingham and he seen what happened to Alex Mc Leish when he crossed that divide. And I think he has started a job here that he wants to see through and that means getting promoted with Brighton.
If I were running Fulham, I'd be whoring myself, family, bank account, property, Haribo stash, whatever it took to sign up Hughton in the summer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I know of course that we still have a number of games left in this campaign (& it's a slow news day), but I was wondering whether our manager will be with us next season, whether or not we go up.

Hughton has certainly exceeded expectations this season, however, I see very little debate or gossip about whether he will be our top man, next campaign. I certainly hope whichever division we find ourselves in next season, CH will still be with us.

Just a little surprised that no-one from the top flight has publicly been knocking at Tony Blooms door, or perhaps if they have, it has been done in the middle of the night!

Has he exceeded expectations? Maybe for us fans after last seasons debacle, but with the investment Tony Bloom has made in the squad and backroom this season I'd imagine expectations from the top were pretty high.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If I were running Fulham, I'd be whoring myself, family, bank account, property, Haribo stash, whatever it took to sign up Hughton in the summer.

It was quite interesting that Fulham interviewed him and liked him. The chairman then went back to America for a month. In that time Kit Symons put 4 wins together and they then went with him because he dragged them away from Relegation trouble. Gave Symons loads money to spend which he duly squandered on rubbish.

In the interim, Chris got offered the Brighton job and turned the team around with less than half the money that Fulham have wasted in that same period. Although CH is an excellent man manager and coach. You also need to give credit to the Scouting team that he has put together in the last 4 or 5 years

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was quite interesting that Fulham interviewed him and liked him. The chairman then went back to America for a month. In that time Kit Symons put 4 wins together and they then went with him because he dragged them away from Relegation trouble. Gave Symons loads money to spend which he duly squandered on rubbish.

In the interim, Chris got offered the Brighton job and turned the team around with less than half the money that Fulham have wasted in that same period. Although CH is an excellent man manager and coach. You also need to give credit to the Scouting team that he has put together in the last 4 or 5 years
If only it was obvious Kittens would be a flash in the pan. :facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think he has started a job here that he wants to see through and that means getting promoted with Brighton.
No, it means staying with Brighton until he retires. He should already know that, but if you think he's not sure, please clarify it for him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think the reason he has not/hopefully will not be suggested for other jobs is that he is an experienced manager and therefore has a history. We were Gus Poyet's first managerial post so other clubs saw him as an up and coming manager with potential to be a top manager in the future. Chris has done a great job here, but has managed in the top flight before and not pulled up any trees. Of course this suits us fine as he can get on with the job he is doing here.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I dont want him to go but if he was poached away I would like him to be replaced by Neil Warnock for at least 1 season.

The really funny thing is that Neil Warnock could help us go up. Since he took over at Rotherham, they've beaten Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich and drawn with Derby. Their final match of the season is away to Hull.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Has he exceeded expectations? Maybe for us fans after last seasons debacle, but with the investment Tony Bloom has made in the squad and backroom this season I'd imagine expectations from the top were pretty high.

Hell yeah he has exceeded expectations, I bet even for Mr Bloom. You mention the investment that Bloom has provided (and I don't mean to belittle or shrug this off as I think we have one of the most amazing chairman in the country right now) but when you compare our financial outlay to the likes of Derby, Middlesbrough and Burnley yet we are up there competing to go up automatically (which is even more impressive given the squad CH inherited).

Personally I am just glad to be enjoying watching the Albion again. Last season was awful for me bar Fulham away and to be honest I hated the season before under Oscar as every time I went away (don't get to more than 3/4 homes games a year due to distance) I felt we were so ****ing boring despite often getting a result. Forest last game of the season was the only stand out moment that I can remember. Even under Gus (which I loved) I never felt confident that we would come back after going behind but Chris has given me and I believe the team that confidence again. On his way to being a Brighton legend and long may his reign continue

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

TB usually says top 6 is the expectation which CH has achieved, the investment is consistent with that (possibly less).
People need to remember that Semi is a f*cking toilet manager hence our shite season last time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
TB usually says top 6 is the expectation which CH has achieved, the investment is consistent with that (possibly less).
People need to remember that Semi is a f*cking toilet manager hence our shite season last time.
Sami was a cheap gamble that didn't work.
But Sami didn't get any of the support and backing, from Tony, that CH has received.

Tony tried to do last season on the 'cheap', with just a £3m (£23m) increase in player budget.
That £3m in a rising market for a squad that had been asset stripped was a net decrease in investment.

Where Sami was the wrong man at the wrong time, Chris has reaped the rewards.
He still has to be good enough to make it work, and thankfully he has outstripped expectations.
But crucially Chris has been backed, accordingly.

Sami (and Burke) being a f*cking toilet manager wasn't the only reason the team was shite last time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The really funny thing is that Neil Warnock could help us go up. Since he took over at Rotherham, they've beaten Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich and drawn with Derby. Their final match of the season is away to Hull.

I would go as far as to say that he knows this division and what is required better than any manager oher than CH but dont think CH will go anywhere else in the near future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here