Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield after Murray

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Explain what you disagree with and why.

Where do I start?

"He won't sign a contract"

Can you explain what length of time you have spent in the room whilst contract negotiations have been taking place between Glenn Murray and Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club? It doesn't have to be exact to the minute, just a rough figure would suffice. I look forward to your response :thumbsup:

"will never be top, top class"

Please can you explain to me which current members of Albion's squad are "top, top class" for League One? (i.e. could have made this year's League One team of the season, for example) I only ask this because you give the reason "isn't top top class" as a justification for "getting rid", thus presumably this is a criteria you would apply to the rest of the squad. Which players would you keep then?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Where do I start?

Can you explain what length of time you have spent in the room whilst contract negotiations have been taking place between Glenn Murray and Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club? It doesn't have to be exact to the minute, just a rough figure would suffice. I look forward to your response :thumbsup:

Please can you explain to me which current members of Albion's squad are "top, top class" for League One? (i.e. could have made this year's League One team of the season, for example) I only ask this because you give the reason "isn't top top class" as a justification for "getting rid", thus presumably this is a criteria you would apply to the rest of the squad. Which players would you keep then?

My reasoning for saying he won't sign a contract is that I'm almost certain although he says he is happy his heart isn't in it, this to me is shown in his frustration sometimes and especially his petulance when things go against him it seems kind of like pent up frustration to me. Murray IS top class for league one, I think you misconstrued what I said, what I meant is he will never be a top class striker at league one level as long as he has his attitude problems, I also don't think he is consistent enough but that's a whole different thing.

Just to clarify, I do think Murray is a superb striker at our level when he wants to be but when he gets the knock his actions normally costs the team in one way or another, this plus a few other things and the fact I don't believe he wants to/will sign a new contract equal my reasoning for thinking now may be a good time, nothing to do with his ability as a player.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Where do I start?

To be fair do you honestly think he will extend his current contract? I certainly can't see it.

I am split on this one. He frustrates me at times with his sendings off and stupid yellow cards and don't even start me on the Brentford away incident again :lol: But, then other games his is top quality class link up play and finishing.

It will be hard to replace someone of his calibre. But he could potentially walk for nothing next summer and if this is the case, then we might as well get a good sell now.

One thing I am sure of though is Gus is working f*cking hard in the background with Bloom and Co. sorting out the new potential signings.

HAVE FAITH IN THE GUS PEOPLE!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
To be fair do you honestly think he will extend his current contract? I certainly can't see it.

I am split on this one. He frustrates me at times with his sendings off and stupid yellow cards and don't even start me on the Brentford away incident again :lol: But, then other games his is top quality class link up play and finishing.

It will be hard to replace someone of his calibre. But he could potentially walk for nothing next summer and if this is the case, then we might as well get a good sell now.

One thing I am sure of though is Gus is working f*cking hard in the background with Bloom and Co. sorting out the new potential signings.

At last a decent post on this thread.Agree entirely with it.

Just wondered why you don't think he would extend his current contract?? :shrug:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Just wondered why you don't think he would extend his current contract?? :shrug:

Well, let me throw that one back at you. Why do you think he would sign another contract? I have not seen or heard anything that makes me think he would.

But I have seen and heard enough over the last couple of years to suggest he wont.

I hope I am wrong and he wants to stay, works hard, keeps level headed and scores 25+ goals. I would love nothing more.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I would be surprised if he signed another contract if there were other clubs interested in him. I don't think the lure of Falmer is enough for our Glenn. This is based solely on my opinion and no facts whatsoever.

If we were to be offered 500k I'd take it, anything else then I think he is worth keeping with the risk of losing him on a free next summer.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
I thought that he had met a local girl and was quite happy and settled down here??

He has but his ex has moved back up north with his baby son so having access to him would be so much easier if he moved to a northern club - I fear that this could influence him to move despite the fact that he is much happier here now since Gus took over.

I really can't understand anyone who says that we should 'get rid'. He is a class act and I for one would be gutted if we lost him.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
So with Dickinson and Forster already on there way out and we can't afford a goal scoring striker with them going so letting Murray go we are basically swapping Murray , Dickinson and Forster for 1 good striker ? , keep Murray i say .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If Huddersfield genuinely want him and offer £800k then it would be a done deal.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
A whole lot of people on this forum are really, really stupid. Whether he stays or goes is almost irrelevant because if he does go it would hopefully be for 500k+ & if he stays he will be just another member of a team. A team that under the guidance of Gus will be striving for promotion with him or with his replacement because if anyone actually thinks that he will not be replaced with another striker who will be at the very least as good as or better than Murray is f***ing mental. There is way too much f***ing negativity on here with all the "we are losing all of our best players" bollocks. It is close season & we are about to embark on a team building mission as are every other team, but with Gus at the helm deciding which players he would like & TB supporting him we will have a team that will contend with the likes of Scumhampton, Uddersfield, Charlton & whoever else we face. Stop being so f***ing negative & realise that we are actually building for the future & will have a team that plays attacking attractive football with a fantastic forward thinking management team.
I like Murray & if he stays great but if he goes so f***ing what because Gus will have the funds from the sale to buy the striker he wants & believes will be able to fire us to glory. All the pissing & moaning about inactivity in the transfer market just goes to show that nobody has a clue what is actually going on. We will not be making the mistake of carrying out transfer dealings in the public eye & press glare so that negotiations are not tainted with hysteria & can be carried out in private & remain business like thus getting the right deals concluded before everyone & their Granny knows about it.
We have just had our chairman put his money where his heart is & build us a stadium that will be the envy of much of the league. There will also be a team lead by Gus that is moulded into his idea of how a team should play football which as we have already seen is beyond anything we have had before so stop all the whining & moaning, take a deep breath & start believing because we are far more fortunate than we have perhaps ever been with Gus & TB & the whole club from top to bottom. There are players to come in who will only be coming if GP believes they are worthy of playing for Brighton & Hove Albion & if he believes they are then I for one will be bowing to his undoubted talent & superior knowledge so whether Murray stays or goes I actually believe that there will be a striker brought here that is more than capable of replacing him & that goes for every member of the team, if they stay great but if they go then they will be replaced by a quality player so I am not going to worry about it. I am just going to look forward to a season with a team that has been assembled by Gus to play exciting football & make us all very proud. We are entering a new era & that era is going to bring us a new home at last & a team that is going to be worthy of filling our new home as well as us with hope & passion. Be patient it's only May for fucks sake & I for one believe that come July we will see the makings of a team that fulfills all our hopes & dreams.

So stop all the f***ing moaning.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A whole lot of people on this forum are really, really stupid. Whether he stays or goes is almost irrelevant because if he does go it would hopefully be for 500k+ & if he stays he will be just another member of a team. A team that under the guidance of Gus will be striving for promotion with him or with his replacement because if anyone actually thinks that he will not be replaced with another striker who will be at the very least as good as or better than Murray is f***ing mental. There is way too much f***ing negativity on here with all the "we are losing all of our best players" bollocks. It is close season & we are about to embark on a team building mission as are every other team, but with Gus at the helm deciding which players he would like & TB supporting him we will have a team that will contend with the likes of Scumhampton, Uddersfield, Charlton & whoever else we face. Stop being so f***ing negative & realise that we are actually building for the future & will have a team that plays attacking attractive football with a fantastic forward thinking management team.
I like Murray & if he stays great but if he goes so f***ing what because Gus will have the funds from the sale to buy the striker he wants & believes will be able to fire us to glory. All the pissing & moaning about inactivity in the transfer market just goes to show that nobody has a clue what is actually going on. We will not be making the mistake of carrying out transfer dealings in the public eye & press glare so that negotiations are not tainted with hysteria & can be carried out in private & remain business like thus getting the right deals concluded before everyone & their Granny knows about it.
We have just had our chairman put his money where his heart is & build us a stadium that will be the envy of much of the league. There will also be a team lead by Gus that is moulded into his idea of how a team should play football which as we have already seen is beyond anything we have had before so stop all the whining & moaning, take a deep breath & start believing because we are far more fortunate than we have perhaps ever been with Gus & TB & the whole club from top to bottom. There are players to come in who will only be coming if GP believes they are worthy of playing for Brighton & Hove Albion & if he believes they are then I for one will be bowing to his undoubted talent & superior knowledge so whether Murray stays or goes I actually believe that there will be a striker brought here that is more than capable of replacing him & that goes for every member of the team, if they stay great but if they go then they will be replaced by a quality player so I am not going to worry about it. I am just going to look forward to a season with a team that has been assembled by Gus to play exciting football & make us all very proud. We are entering a new era & that era is going to bring us a new home at last & a team that is going to be worthy of filling our new home as well as us with hope & passion. Be patient it's only May for fucks sake & I for one believe that come July we will see the makings of a team that fulfills all our hopes & dreams.

So stop all the f***ing moaning.

See above :thumbsup:

All well & good Spanish Seagull, however, two good players already gone, Forster & Dickinson unlikely to return & Kuipers offloaded, Poyet not signing his contract, speculation that Murray will go & the concensus that transfer funds and budgets will be limited......... & you wonder why some fans are becoming spooked?

We had all this bollocks this time last year & the previous year, that we finished the previous season strongly, however, failed to strengthen out team & subsequently dived when the season started.

I would have expected announcement by the club where we are looking to strengthen, budget, who we are interested in & some bids by now. Though we have deathly silence. Ok Mr Bloom is a professional poker player, but it's not a way to buy new players at the 11th hour is it? Last season we were utter shite in pre season friendlies. I want to see a couple of decent signings next month, bedded down, for the friendlies. Not to much to ask!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
All well & good Spanish Seagull, however, two good players already gone, Forster & Dickinson unlikely to return & Kuipers offloaded, Poyet not signing his contract, speculation that Murray will go & the concensus that transfer funds and budgets will be limited......... & you wonder why some fans are becoming spooked?

We had all this bollocks this time last year & the previous year, that we finished the previous season strongly, however, failed to strengthen out team & subsequently dived when the season started.

I would have expected announcement by the club where we are looking to strengthen, budget, who we are interested in & some bids by now. Though we have deathly silence. Ok Mr Bloom is a professional poker player, but it's not a way to buy new players at the 11th hour is it? Last season we were utter shite in pre season friendlies. I want to see a couple of decent signings next month, bedded down, for the friendlies. Not to much to ask!

Steve my good man, its not even June yet :shrug:

Poyet has made it clear from the start, that when the transfer window opens thats when he will do his trade. People panic way too soon on here. I am sure Poyet and Bloom know there targets and are playing there cards close to there chest so transfer fees dont go through the roof,and we dont pay over inflated wages for lets face it first division players (Lets not be Portsmouth eh). Its bank holiday weekend fella, get out and walk tall as we will have a team to be proud of next year. On another note i will be happy with a top six finish next year, Its about building and thats what is going on now.

Cheer up people Murray is not the be all and end all of Brighton & Hove albion....... We Are :thumbsup:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Did Gus not say that we had a budget 10% larger than last year? Yes, that did get said. So there is your budget.

Just because it is not the £4-£40m some deluded fools on here believed it would be, does not indicate lack of ambition. Do you really want Tony and Gus to announce every player they are after? How much money exactly we are going to spend?

As you said at the end of your post, you want a couple of signings next month. If that has not happened then come back and bounce this thread. Until that time remember that it is still May, no players are out of contract yet and Gus and Tony are likely working very hard to bring players in.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
:facepalm: here we go again, for what it's worth IMHO I hope he stays as from what I've seen, heard, read he is a class act who works well at the top of Gus' preferred formation, albeit with a less than perfect disciplinary aspect to his game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here