Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How would you react to us staying up but with our lowest ever PL points total?

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Would be delighted. Then what? If the club can afford it buy a striker. If they cant, well get the ones we have in all summer to teach them how to shoot, then start praying for next season.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Happy that we got through a year of the pandemic with the opportunity to keep progressing despite a lot of luck going against us. Bournemouth a very established Prem team for example were not so lucky. And we’re still trying to get to where they were before that happened.

As a side note. I think rather than looking at the three behind us, we need to make sure we finish above Newcastle and if so, we’ll be safe. Can only see one of the three currently behind us overtaking if that’s the case. In some ways it’s the Championship promotion season all over again. Let’s not blow it in the last three games from an incredibly strong position.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The age of the squad is highly relevant since a young squad performing in a similar manner to CH's older squad means that both value and potential has increased

That's in no way relevant .

The current squad may truly be of more value currently. But it also cost a lot more to assemble too.

Add to that the fact in the time that TB has been in charge. I don't thing there has been too many players sold at a greater value than their cost. Dale Stephens and Anthony Knockhaert are the only one I can think of. And to be honest. Some of the fringe players look like they too might need to be let go at a loss to get them of the wage bill.

The rise of Brighton in the years under TB has been quite meteoric on the Pitch but the Trading in the Transfer Market to date hasn't been quite so impressive. And that won't improve any time soon with Clubs having less money than the did Pre - Covid.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm assuming you've already been ripped to shreds for this model you are using?
If not:

It doesn't work that way ****tard! We are on target to hit 39 points, see [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]'s tracker and educate yourself.

I’ve never particularly cared for the tracker, who decides when and where we get 3 points on it, is it stats based or is just someone scribbling down the results they think we should get?
As it stands 39 points seems optimistic being that we’ve already had the easiest home games and didn’t win a single one, how many more home wins does it have us scheduled for?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Relieved.

Delighted.

Excited for next season.

Hopeful of improvements.

So ultimately no different from before.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If we take everybody’s form after 19 games (the halfway point) and duplicate that for the second half of the season, the points threshold to stay up would be 26 - I’m presuming a record low. Even if you take into account the likelihood of the bottom three scrapping out a few extra points towards the end of the season, it’s hard to envisage the threshold being much more than 30 to survive this year. One way or another, I think that’ll be manageable for Albion.

However, if you do the same formula for Albion, we would end up with 34 points, our lowest PL points tally across the four seasons and 7 points fewer than GP achieved last year.

Simple question: how do you think you’d react to the scenario of us staying up, but with our lowest ever PL points tally?

Sheer relief and joy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
How would I feel about staying up with the lowest point total? The same way I'd feel if I had a 3 way with Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence and woke up the next morning with crabs. The lasting memory will always be the 3 way, the crabs an annoying side note.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How would I react to us staying up you say?

(Sorry, I didn't read the rest of the question).

Delighted, isn't it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How would I feel about staying up with the lowest point total? The same way I'd feel if I had a 3 way with Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence and woke up the next morning with crabs. The lasting memory will always be the 3 way, the crabs an annoying side note.

Mmmmm.....no so sure myself

Crabs.jpg

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
It's not up to Tony to decide. That's not how the club is run. It is run by a board of directors. As my post literally states, the club has previously defined progress as "one point more or one position higher than the previous season". That literally came from the mouth of the Deputy Chairman who caveated that it was the view of the club. Perhaps my use of the quotation marks around "progress" and then defining what "progress" means for the club was a little too subtle for you, or maybe you didn't bother reading the rest of the post.

If you had then what on earth have you read or heard or seen that makes you think that the club have completely changed their mind to now measure success by the age of the squad because Potter is in charge?

The club is owned by Tony Bloom and it will be 100% his decision who the manager is. In a private company the directors will be there to advise

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I’ve never particularly cared for the tracker, who decides when and where we get 3 points on it, is it stats based or is just someone scribbling down the results they think we should get?
As it stands 39 points seems optimistic being that we’ve already had the easiest home games and didn’t win a single one, how many more home wins does it have us scheduled for?

It's based on the lowest performing 7 teams from the previous season and the 3 promoted teams.
To hit 40 pts these are targeted as win at home draw away to get 40pts. It throws up some anomalies ( we weren't supposed to get anything from Sheff Utd at home) But equally we are expected to take 4pts off Everton Villa and West Ham this season/.

It correctly predicted that we would struggle in the first half of the season because our first half of the season expected just 16pts due to the split of home and aways agianst the formula prescribed to determine easy games.

To counter our home failures against Fulham West Brom, we have .away wins against Villa/Newcastle/Leeds. Which is why we are just one pt from the tracker.

The real challenge is that having an expected 24pts to come in the second half we can't afford to drop too many pts in our "winnable" home games.

These are/were seen as:
Fulham
Leeds
Villa
Palace
West Ham
Everton
Newcastle

and just 3 away pts from
West Brom
Burnley
Fulham

Although we have a couple of opportunities to take bonus pts from away trips to
Sheff Utd
Wolves

It isn't and doesn't pretend to be a perfect model
But it does help to smooth out some of the more kneejerk reactions to a bad run of results(IMO)

this season [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] has been applyig the same approach to all teams in the league.
It is interesting to see how our fellow strugglers are doing by comparison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here