Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you feel if the Golds wanted to buy the club?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Dave the Gaffer said:
I would have thought there will be a mriad of clubs courting their favours ( and their bank balance).

the question I asked originally was would Albion fans welcome an owner like this, and the consensus seems to be Yes, which given our present financial state was always going to be so.

i remember at the time of the Krugers interest, there was a lot of " oh God not them they are a bunch of crooks" - they were music agents and promoters I seem to recall, whereas here we have a group of people who seem to have built their reputation on the Sex industry, but we would still be opened armed as supporters in welcoming them assuming we are promoting ourselves as a "community club"

Are we prepared to drop this idea?

Why would we, everyone has sex don't they? Well, almost everybody!

I, personally, would be much more worried about someone's intentions, rather than being concerned where their money came from, in this case, they have proven that they are in it for the long term, so I would not have a problem!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
If the Golds rescued the club there could be no bigger servive to the 'Community'

What they do is so heavilly regulated, the 'Private Shops' are 18 and over unlike pubs, online gaming and buying fags which long term can certainly do you more physical harm, but alcohol and gambling companies are the main revenue source in the UK for pitchside advertising so no club really will ever be an ethical 'community club'

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
...i remember at the time of the Krugers interest, there was a lot of " oh God not them they are a bunch of crooks" - they were music agents and promoters I seem to recall, whereas here we have a group of people who seem to have built their reputation on the Sex industry, but we would still be opened armed as supporters in welcoming them assuming we are promoting ourselves as a "community club"

Are we prepared to drop this idea?
Just because they've made money selling uncomfortable underwear doesn't mean, necessarily, we'll be less of a community club. It's admittedly perhaps not as 'nice' as someone who, for example, made money out of selling Arran sweaters but I don't see them as the Devil Incarnate.

I was opposed to the Krugers because of their lack of a track record - something you can't level at the Golds/Sullivans.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Pavilionaire said:
The whole of Britain would like to get rid of Birmingham...

the city or the club?

either or both:bowdown:

and to be serious ethical football clubs are where in the league?where the money comes from does not matter as long as its legal.
community club? Brighton and hove albion will always be that and if we ever get to the premiership then we will be able to fill falmer +++++
and I will :drink: to that.
:albion: :albion: :albion: :albion: :albion:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would feel glad that some people with SERIOUS money would be involved in our club.

That is not to knock DK in anyway shape or form.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
They'd buy us,then close the Withdean and we'd have to play at Swindon.

GOLDS OUT!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If they were drug dealers, like the owners of certain clubs are rumoured to be, then it would be a problem.

But they sell underwear and vibrators, what's the issue? I think it would be AWESOME, and would quite possibly irritate the NIMBYs even more to have people in charge that they considered morally repugnant. Hell, I'd build an Ann Summers shop at the stadium, or at least a curtained off area at the back of the Seagulls Megastore just to piss off the likes of Ann DeVecchi and Norman Baker. So-called "filth", on their own doorsteps

:lolol:

Besides, as per Steve Coppell, anybody who annoys Simon Jordan that much is absolutely alright by me.

:clap:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Sullivans clearly referring to Brighton when says "proximity to London" (imo) so when he calls, DK should thank him for his interest and tell him he'll get back to him.

His answer will be a "thanks, but no-thanks" after the Falmer decision."Too late, you blew it buddy,gotta go,i've got another oligarch on the other line"

Build it,and they will come

Is it just me, or do other people smell a taster for another one of those completely irrelevant debates on Saturday's phone-in?

"Today's hot topic ... Do you want the Golds to take over from Dick Knight?"

FFS.

Rougvie said:
Bas Savage could travel to games on this little BEAUTY.....

gold-air-06.jpg

Equip it with guns and they could strafe The Beautiful Village of Falmer on their way to Shoreham Airport....

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lord Bracknell said:
Is it just me, or do other people smell a taster for another one of those completely irrelevant debates on Saturday's phone-in?

"Today's hot topic ... Do you want the Golds to take over from Dick Knight?"

FFS.

really...what would you like to talk about then Ed?

How about, "...is dick knight and the current board the only people in the western world some people think can run a football club"?

How about that one..

FFS

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Back on topic, I would welcome the Golds, as long as DK and MP still had an interest in the club until Falmer was built. DK/MP have done so much work towards it, that it would be a shame to kick them out when we are so close.

:albion: :albion: :albion: :albion:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:

How about, "...is dick knight and the current board the only people in the western world some people think can run a football club"?

How about that one..

FFS

ooh cutting :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dave the Gaffer said:

How about that one..

FFS

Have you not realised yet that unless a certain group of people can set the agenda for BHA then anything else is either rubbish or irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here