Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you refer to the stadium in future?

What will you call the ground?

• 'The American Express'

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 'The Amex'

Votes: 93 30.4%
  • 'The Albion'

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • 'Falmer'

Votes: 198 64.7%
  • 'Home'

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
The Amex

And UP YOURS to ALL those who said it will NEVER be called that as AMEX dont DO football etc.

Who are ya who are ya who are ya who are ya

That was me..... still can't believe it :facepalm:

I can't call it the Amex or it will just confuse me as I work at Amex House.

The good news is this might give me an outside chance of playing there now. Hoping so anyway. At least we'll all meet the man for some Q+A (so said the email today)

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
That was me..... still can't believe it :facepalm:

I can't call it the Amex or it will just confuse me as I work at Amex House.

The good news is this might give me an outside chance of playing there now. Hoping so anyway. At least we'll all meet the man for some Q+A (so said the email today)

I daresay there will be plenty of comps sloshing around your place of work :thumbsup:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Interesting to see how Amex themselves described the address in their E mail to their employees.

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club (BHAFC) stadium at Village Way, Brighton.

That is the address, no mention of Falmer at the Post Office.

As long as the tail doesn't wag the Dog too much.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Falmer. All this nonsense about "Falmer" being the name of the struggle to get the ground... I don't follow the logic that as soon as the ground comes to fruition we then have to drop a local name and follow the instructions of a multi national company who decided to drop a few quid on us. Let's not be a boring club like every other new stadium and carry on calling our ground something which isn't "The (insert boring sponsor which will be changed after 5 years Stadium"

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if we are playing shit, its " I am off to that f***ing place again"

if we are playing well, " I am off to footy"

so it will be forever the Footy Stadium

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I have a feeling that 'The Amex' will be the name that sticks. When Swansea were building their stadium it was often referred to as 'Morfa' since, like Falmer, that is the place where it was built. Now though it is generally known as 'The Liberty' (Stadium) and Morfa has been dropped. The Amex is a reasonably catchy/trendy name which helps.

We'll see anyway and personally I really don't mind what they call it, I'm just pleased we've got it.

:D

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
'Falmer' has always been a shitty name, and is too closely associated with a cripplingly bogged-down process festooned with small-minded NIMBYS that took fecking YEARS to sort out.

The Amex, or the Amex Arena sounds rather grand in comparison, and gives it a lovely fresh new feel. So thats what I'LL be calling it from henceforth.

RIP Falmer.
Welcome....to the Amex Arena.

Absolutely agree - the sooner we lose the awful Falmer name with all it's miserable NIMBYish connotations the better. Time to move forward into a new positive future.

:amex::amex::amex:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The Amex is catchy. But naff.

The Amex Arena is a truly disgusting abomination, whose only excuse for being uttered is a touch of tabloid-style alliteration, and goes smack in the mouth of what I actually thought Albion fans were or are.

For me, it's Falmer. We fought for it, we won it (eventually), and it's OURS.

God you sound like Tony Woodley.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
to start with Falmer, but over time I'll slowly change to whatever everyone else is calling it. Amex sounds good enough but I reckon we need to keep Falmer in circulation too incase we change stadium sponsors every few years. It'll be wank having to refer to it by a different name every four or five years.

Oh yeah, someone suggested the aonb earlier. i quite like that as a name...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here