Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you refer to the stadium in future?

What will you call the ground?

• 'The American Express'

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 'The Amex'

Votes: 93 30.4%
  • 'The Albion'

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • 'Falmer'

Votes: 198 64.7%
  • 'Home'

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the footy.

personally I think the naming of stadiums is all crap anyway ( although great for money - which is what it is all about nowadays)

Huddersfield named the stadium, voted the best in the country at the time, The MacAlipne Stadium ( who built the Stadium). Everyone knew it as that....then they changed it to the Glapharm Stadium which is a Pharmaceutical company.

So now we have the Amex Stadium but we will always know it as Falmer Stadium.....

I cant wait for my letter from the club telling me about AMEX with the application for an AMEX card enclosed!

Of course if they are really clever, they could make the membership/swipe card for ticket collection etc American Express cards!!!!

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I will probably just call it 'the stadium'

As in "You coming to the stadium on Saturday?"
or
"It's a 7:45 kick off at the stadium on Wednesday."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Amex.

Actually, I'll probably just call it what everyone else calls it, which will start off as "Falmer"
and gradually move to "The Amex" over time.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Move forward. Have a plaque or something to remember the history, but it's time for us to build a new future.

Err.....I have. Hence my comment "Glad we've moved on etc". Was merely pointing out that there was a lot less chat about The Goldstone in relation to the stadium name than there would have been even a year ago. I think it's brilliant that we are now a forward looking club and not one united by a sadness about the past and a hatred of men who should never be referred to again.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Although the 'something else' option isn't a bad one:

"We've got Arsenal in the fifth round at the something else on Saturday, you coming?"
or
"The Albion are unbeaten in a run of ten games at the something else so far this season."
etc.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Honestly not sure. Like everybody else I've been calling it 'Falmer' for so long it'll be strange to refer to it as anything else. But as others have said 'Falmer' does have all sorts of negative connotations associated with it and I'll be glad to let it go (if I can).

I definitely won't be callling it "The American Express Community Stadium" as that's far too much of a mouthful, (and I do think the word 'community' in the title is a little naff, a bit like calling it the People's Stadium), but The Amex? Yeah, I can live with that.

EDIT: And I'll probably be calling it that long after the naming rights have been sold to someone else. The same way as I think of Huddersfield's ground as 'The McAlpine'

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
The Amex.

Actually, I'll probably just call it what everyone else calls it, which will start off as "Falmer"
and gradually move to "The Amex" over time.

I like the name Amex, has been Falmer but Amex could take over after a while.

Mmmmmm Brighton are on an unbeaton run of eleven games since moving to the impressive Amex arena...........its got a ring to it you know:clap2:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It has been referred to as Falmer for WAY too long so I'll happily see that dropped-time to move on.

Amex is good.

Amstad sounds like we we're Reading wannabes.

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
Will always be Falmer to me, however i do like the sound of "The Amex", although putting "Arena" after it sounds shite imo.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Goldstone Ground in Hove was known as 'The Goldstone'.

Withdean Stadium in Withdean was known as 'Withdean' (or 'The Withdean' to a few freaks).

So why would The Amex Stadium in Falmer be known as Falmer? We've never been building Falmer, we've been building at Falmer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
amex_smilie.gif
amex_smilie.gif
amex_smilie.gif
amex_smilie.gif
amex_smilie.gif
amex_smilie.gif

:clap: :vuvu2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So why would The Amex Stadium in Falmer be known as Falmer? We've never been building Falmer, we've been building at Falmer.
Ooh I disagree. We've been building (and fighting for) 'Falmer Stadium'. There are countless posts referring to it as that. Ditto expressions such as 'when we get Falmer'.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Amex for me , Falmer is about the long hard fight to get the ground. Anyone know what the official pronunciation will be , Amex or Aymex ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here