Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you get to and from Falmer...?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just arguing the toss about this in the office with some squelch-f***ed dead-head who lives in Woodingdean and fears Autogeddon will suffocate her children, and that footballs are made of Satan's own tuberculotic spermoids, and that football fans give you cancer.

I said that we will all make our way to Falmer in organically-grown muesli-powered Lovevehicles, which are serviced by the bark of hugged trees farmed on a consciously-aware liberal space, free from toxin-laden hate-Nazis, and the only exhaust emissions will be that of seal cubs tears. She seemed to accept that, but it got me thinking...

How would you normally get to Falmer of a match day, and can it be considered 'environmentally friendly'?

Me, train from London Road Station to Falmer, and back again. Plenty of scope for beer then. You?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
well if the move goes ahead ill be in ardingly so get to haywards heath somehow . train to brighton then out again or maybe to lewes then on if thats possible.
plenty of beer en route

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
East Croydon to Lewes then Lewes to Falmer I reckon.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't know yet, probably train, train and bike or car (park and ride) if possible.

However, if it quickly becomes apparent that it's hassle getting to the stadium, then expect crowds to plummet within 4 or 5 years. Not everybody is sufficiently fussed about watching championship or league 1 football to jump through too many hoops getting there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
On good weather days I'd walk. Not so good weather days I'd probably go by bus or train.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Humvee, cross-country, including through the duck pond. Natch.

Oct 25, 2003
train definitely has the best DRINKING options, as you can drink around brighton station, then get a few TINS for the train journey and stumble on and drink yourself into oblivion

can't do THAT in a car CAN'YA

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But Woodingdean is a fair old walk to Falmer f*** me.

Having said that it will be the train or the bus or a taxi.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm going by car, I'll either park in Falmer village or on an area of outstanding natural beauty depending on how I'm feeling. I'll almost certainly go via Woodingdean and probably drive over the downland in my 4.5 litre diesel offroader. I'm going to piss in the pond as well.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Be driving there most of the time unless I fancy a beer then it will be the train.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think thats an excellent idea Mckenzie.

In fact I may even park a nuclear sub in the pond, thatll really f*** off the natives.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well originally I was planning on going by train from London Road, but by the sound of it the railways won't be able to cope if the crowd is anything above 7,500 so I'll have to think of something else.

I might walk down to the Gyratory and catch a bus.

Oct 25, 2003
I'm going by car, I'll either park in Falmer village or on an area of outstanding natural beauty depending on how I'm feeling. I'll almost certainly go via Woodingdean and probably drive over the downland in my 4.5 litre diesel offroader. I'm going to piss in the pond as well.

:lol::lol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Same way I get to Withdean - down the A23, turn right into Mill Road, and hop on the Park & Ride - hopefully the new route to Falmer won't quite so heavily resemble a roller-coaster, and will be a bit more direct!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here