Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will you get to and from Falmer...?

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
There is always this, er, 'jetpack'...

RM_bev_equip_man.jpg

THAT is the thing we need. Do you think TB would splash out on 23,000 of them?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
By hot air balloon taking care that I defecate over all nimbies en route. That includes the twisted peace protester, Catt, and your earth mother friend in Woodingdean.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just arguing the toss about this in the office with some squelch-f***ed dead-head who lives in Woodingdean and fears Autogeddon will suffocate her children, and that footballs are made of Satan's own tuberculotic spermoids, and that football fans give you cancer.
Have you told her about the park and ride service from Woodingdean ? Fans will be able to park anywhere they like and catch the buses from Cowley Road shops or the Downs Hotel :)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
On a lark, I ran it through Orbitz.com and transportdirect.info.

It's less than $600, round trip, PWM > PHL > LGW, then train to Falmer, and walk.

Which is more than I can spare, but not a lot more than I can spare....

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I will ask my mahout to take me on his elephant. It can cool down in the duck pond while it waits to take me home

King+Cup+Elephant+Polo+Tournament+GaraBqBAL-bl.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hopefully by train, it should be quieter on the non-Brighton side.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I will personally be leading a Traveller's Convoy up over the Falmer Road from Woodingdean, where we will park in a circle-your-wagon style around the Falmer Pond, most Friday nights or Saturday mornings.

convoy-to-inglestone.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
6 minute train ride from London Road to Falmer. Would be rude not to, really. Might even be able to get some use out a travel voucher for once, if they're still doing them.

Can see the return journey being far from straightforward though, unless there's decent post-match drinking facilities at Falmer. Thousands of people descending on Falmer station after a game is not going to be easily manageable. If the cabbies are smart, they could make a killing there. Assuming there's a generous sized taxi rank.

D

Deleted User X18H

If the train does turn out to be a nightmare and very overcrowded it might be an idea to try and source some more busses to go to Lewis and Preston Park Stations

Lewis who Lewis Collins ?? Lewis from Insepector Morse??

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Have you told her about the park and ride service from Woodingdean ? Fans will be able to park anywhere they like and catch the buses from Cowley Road shops or the Downs Hotel :)

would that be along the road that will be closed on match days (not:rolleyes:)

train, bus which ever is best, im actually determining where i move to on the basis of how easy it will be to get to Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here