BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I am a checkout king on the tills. I could bust those queues given the chance

Big Cuddly Pandas.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
lets just increase half time to 45 minutes so everyone can get a pie and a pint.

oh hold on then you`ll have people moaning that they didn`t have enough time to buy TWO pies and pints.

have always wondered why people are so desperate for a pint at half time, its only 15 minutes for christ`s sake.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Even then the ques were ridicuous

The answer is to have more mobile staff wandering around the concourse selling pies. I've only seen this once and the take up was huge. Could also have them carrying round trays of lager in those properly designed holders.....would take bit more thought though.

Don't understand why nobody has responded to this. It's clearly the answer. A few staff walking around the concourses selling pies would make a huge difference. And they'd sell them to people who wouldn't have bought one otherwise as well. It's difficult to say no to one when someone comes up and asks if you want one!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe the answer is for the club/Azure to hire a dedicated queue-buster that gets paid a stonking great bonus based on results i.e. increased catering revenue. Maybe somebody with experience of catering in a major US sports franchise. It shouldn't really have to come to this, but there is clearly hefty sums of money being lost due to the stadium not being able to match supply with demand.

Classic example: no pies available half an hour before kick-off but a surplus left over after the match.

Last edited:

patricksullivan

Jun 17, 2011
Hove
Where do you propose these 10 extra staff would go?

Last night was unprecedented in terms of queues. We were overrun by families wanting a whole mess of different things rather than your normal pie/pint combos etc. Plus normally about 80% of our sales are via the Season Ticket E-Cards, which make transactions twice as quick. Lots of England fans last night, paying with cash and card, was bound to take longer. But it's the first time we've done it. We found out what the problems were and are able to work on them for the next England U19s game in April.

brilliant and great news on 2 counts. firstly knowing you guys are taking our opinions on board and secondly working out your problems. as suggested earlier on the thread the staff can be split on taking money and serving drinks beer etc.. and in fact on 1 home game i found a wandering pie and beer seller and this worked brilliantly. dont take offence from our comments as all we are trying to do is to help with the huge task of setting up a new stadium and making it the best in the country. we all want this, investors, fans and staff.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have always wondered why people are so desperate for a pint at half time, its only 15 minutes for christ`s sake.

Agreed. Everytime I've gone for stuff before and after a match I've queued for no more than 2 or 3 minutes and been served perfectly. I'm not saying there aren't ways of improving things but the service is cetainly better than at the cinema ( the Marina takes hours to get served ! ) or the interval at the theatre. I think some perspective needs to be used here.

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
so if there is an u19 game again in April are we now there home ground?

Haha not just yet. They play in a few different places. HOWEVER. For us to get an international game after being open just a few months is astounding. We had management from other stadiums in last night, to see why we got one, whereas grounds that have been open, 20, 40 even 100 years still don't get international games.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Not moaning, but just my experience from last night to back up your point.

Having come straight from work and failing to get served before kick-off, I left my seat in the East stand at least 5 minutes before half time last night. The queues were already near the back of the concourse. By the time I'd got to the front, been served and removed the roof of my mouth on a scorchingly hot Balti Pie ("dinner") I had missed 7 minutes of the second half.

Definitely still a work in progress. I have to say, I think the service is better in my usual seat in WSU.

Agree, a few more staff and slicker till operators being backed up by a 'fetcher' to get the items would make a big improvement.
Service experience from the WSL last sunday. Daughter decides she wants a pie 5 minutes into half time and returns with said pie before the players are out for the 2nd half. Perhaps the East Stand staff need to look at some of the serveries in the WSL?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
At ANY ground anywhere unless you get there "first" - which means missing some of the first half there is always a wait at half time, and yes it can stretch into the second half.

Spose we were spoiled at withers when there were only 8000 (or less) of us.

This. As you say, even at Withers from Block D in the South stand, if I stayed in my seat until the half time whistle, it was practically impossible to go to the bog, get a burger WITH CHIPS, and get back to my seat before the second half started.

The great thing now is though, whereas I used to roll up to Withers at about 2.55 because it was so shite, I now get to The Amex at least an hour before k.o. and if I want something to eat I get it then so don't worry about half-time queues.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
i think other grounds have a stack of beer already poured and vending machines for coffee etc... plus they normally have a server and a cashier as well. just a thought

There is pre-poured beers at the amex, it's just there's only so much space and they are sold quicker than they can be poured, so very quickly all the pre-poured beers are gone.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You've all not thought this through.

What you need is a runner.

Trained my lad to nip out to the kiosk for the pies 10 mins after kick off .... easy no queues whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here