Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How thick are students...

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
Thanks Tottenham boy. Wake me up when I need to give a toss what you think. Perhaps I should come and "intimidate you" so you too can enjoy the experience?

Oh yes, I am a lecturer at a College and my students believe that the display today by the idiots in London has destroyed any argument they may have had.

So you decry students for protesting but feel that threatening violence against me is appropriate.

If you truly are a college lecturer, I wonder how clever your students would think threatening someone from the safety of your computer was. At least the students get out and face the police for what they believe.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Said without thinking i'll admit, i'm still buzzing from the day.

If there was a way in which you could obtain the relevent qualifiactions for jobs such as teaching, law or technology (or even the vocational courses such as the Maritime courses at Solent) that were valued with degrees then a lot of the Uni's would see less intake, while we would still have an educated workforce. As it happens, we have a culture where its uni or work. Not a choice of Uni, another institution where qualifications can be gained that don't result in a degree but a qualification relevent only to the industry you get said qualification in, or work. If we had a second type of education post 18 then degrees would be worth more while keeping the workforce educated (the typo's and spelling mistakes I make in this and all my posts will undermine my message however in my desired area of work i've never really been caught out with spelling for some reason).

As for funding it... Tuition fees right now of 3.5k a year (roughly) is about right but there should be a post graduate tax of about 28-35% on top of this.

Your never gonna win over this lot. Uni's are just full of drunk, time wasters with no common sense remember.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'm proud to say i pushed my way inside the tory HQ, intimidated tory party workers, and was there. For one thing you can't call us apatheitc.

So you 'indimiated' tory workers did you. what about all the other business that are run from the Tower, any thought towards them?
Stop bloody moaning about a little bit of police brutality as well. Personally think they should have got the fire brigade and sprayed the lot of you

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
So you agree with intimidation and violence / force as a valid form of protest ??? Yet when the police use it back on you and your friends you complain - idiot. And pleading in some pathetic way that you're leaving a building that you FORCED your way into and intimidated people going about their lawful business and you're surprised a police officer who has probably been threatened and hit just for doing their job hits one off you - just shows how naive or stupid you really are.

If you want to use those kind of tactics to demonstrate then don't come squealing like a coward about heavy handed police - maybe if they'd cracked you skull with a baton you's have come to your senses.

As a Brighton supporter you should realise that we got Falmer using wit, intelligence and good humour when demonstrating. Something that you and your fellow students seem too dim to realise.

Now go away to mummy and get some magic yellow on your cuts and a big hug. Next time try demonstrating peacefully. TWAT. :tosser:

You've quoted a very emotional post that i've since said actually no, i was wrong for some of the things I say. :thumbsup:

I wasn't some one who smashed in windows or destroyed any property. I wanted to get my friend out.

Also partisan. Of course i'm going to bitch about it. Because i've got a subjective view on the situation. From an objective view point I shouldn't bitch. At all. But i'm hardly going to look at this in an objective way.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
She may not be so pleased later. The police often do not make arrests on the day as this inflames passions.

The police will review photographic and video evidence. Your friend may well end up with a court appearance for trespass and criminal damage.

If she was anyway involved in the throwing of fire extinguishers from the roof then crimes like 'attempted murder' come to mind.

Hope she sleeps well tonight.

I think she was detained by the Police, which seemed to make her happy. Honestly, she didn't seem the kind of idiot to do this couple years back :/ Suppose if they feel so strongly about it? :shrug: Seems a waste of time, money and just going to get them in the shit after it is over .

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
As for funding it... Tuition fees right now of 3.5k a year (roughly) is about right but there should be a post graduate tax of about 28-35% on top of this.

So that would mean many of the less well off graduates paying more than they will do now.

Well thought out.???

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
So you 'indimiated' tory workers did you. what about all the other business that are run from the Tower, any thought towards them?
Stop bloody moaning about a little bit of police brutality as well. Personally think they should have got the fire brigade and sprayed the lot of you

Just to clarify, i've said a few times that that particular quote was emotionally charged and not thought out at all.

Oh, and the quote isn't in the right order :lolol: I they're all seperate points rather than an ordered list of events!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
They are cutting the police force and cutting MI5/6 so there's no need for you to go on the course. Go and make something instead!:bhasign:

I know that, but we wont be in an economic downturn for the next 50 years will we. At one point they will start hiring, people will still retire, people will look for career changes and so on, not to mention that some forces are still hiring. In 5 years time hopefully that'll all of changed anyway.

Thats why i've applied to universities at which I can do first year Law afterwards, giving me the qualifications to go into Law, opening more windows for me. Degrees like that are hardly a waste of time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
At least the students get out and face the police for what they believe.

Ah so that's what it is all about - not peaceful protest but the chance to look hard and face up to the police !

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think she was detained by the Police, which seemed to make her happy.

Well that will look good on her CV. I wouldn't bother with the degree now as no employer will give her a second glance.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
So you decry students for protesting but feel that threatening violence against me is appropriate.

If you truly are a college lecturer, I wonder how clever your students would think threatening someone from the safety of your computer was. At least the students get out and face the police for what they believe.

So you're fully supportive of students commuting acts of violence to get their message across but cry like a whiney bitch when someone suggests that if they were to do it to you, that you might not like it. Interesting set of double standards you have there.

As for this Kneeon character, can I remind him that he's in the NUS and not the ANC. 'you can only push us so far'....hahaha! You started the violence by your own admission. I'm not gonna complain if your chums subsequently got the shit kicked out of them and neither should you. You asked for it and you got it.

Any lingering respect from neutrals like me for your position was lost when you lot decided to riot. Sorry, but you're an immature prat.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Your never gonna win over this lot. Uni's are just full of drunk, time wasters with no common sense remember.

Not at all having been to Uni (and had to pay tuition fees) I know that is not true but today was wrong (the Millbank Tower part not the actual protest) on so many levels.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
So you're fully supportive of students commuting acts of violence to get their message across but cry like a whiney bitch when someone suggests that if they were to do it to you, that you might not like it. Interesting set of double standards you have there.

As for this Kneeon character, can I remind him that he's in the NUS and not the ANC. 'you can only push us so far'....hahaha! You started the violence by your own admission. I'm not gonna complain if your chums subsequently got the shit kicked out of them and neither should you. You asked for it and you got it.

Any lingering respect from neutrals like me for your position was lost when you lot decided to riot. Sorry, but you're an immature prat.

:blush: i'm not in the NUS. Our college has f*** all in the way of things like that.

Let me get this straight, students are unmotivated and unwilling to do anything yet as soon as we do we're moaning twats who should get a job? How many people who say that went to Uni, and how many have a profession? How many are faced with unprecidened debts post uni?

Yes, some people decided to riot where we were. And i'm OBVIOUSLY subjective about my female friend getting punched while we get a tiny 16 year old girl who was dragged through a surge of rioters, subsequently injured and then getting pushed about for looking after her and trying to get her out.

Call me passionate, but i'm very subjective about these changes. Because well... how to put this. I'm a student.

You cannot tell me any of you would be happy if this was happening to you when you were my age?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The bottom line is that the country is heavily in debt and everybody will have to tighten their proverbial belts but these 'students' don't seem to understand this poor little darlings.

The issue is that NOT everyone is tightening their belts though.

Tory darlings Sir Philip Green and Vodafone are not paying any tax, easy pickings such as those in PAYE schemes and students will though.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford

Hm. Like calling me a wanker using a smilie? My students are vocational and are actually aiming at being employed in the Public Services and would be more than happy at me ripping the limbs off of some stupid, ill informed twat like yourself. They would have been more likely to be upholding the law of the land that the students would like applied on a selective basis - but only when they feel they are being intimidated.

I don't do "keyboard warrior" safety sunshine - I really don't need to. I offered to repeat the actions carried out today that you felt were so appropriate to see if you felt that intimidation in a workplace was acceptable. Have you seen the photos of the damage that was done to the building - how do you imagine the cost will be allocated to repair it all?

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
Ive just watched the Channel 4 news. If the direct action hadnt happened it would have had a 30 second slot. Instead a good 10 minutes were spent discussing the issue about student fees. We are no on the 8th page of this therad, please do not tell me direct action doesnt work. I know from personal experience it does.

Direct action through non payment of the Poll Tax brought down the tory goddess.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Sorry Kneeon, but as a student and one who's certainly looking at going to Uni, i'm going to have to agree with you.

I wanted to attend the protests, but i had important lessons at college which I couldnt miss, as well as a lack of funds thanks to bloody driving lessons. The protests had my full support, given the Lib Dems pre-election policies and promises which have been broken. But to partake in violence (apologies i havent time to read all your posts, so this is from skimming over them) and then complain about the police reaction is wrong IMO. There was no need for violence, its done more harm than good, and only supports the stereotype that most sad old men on here :)fishing:) have about students being pissed up worthless twats. It would appear that many of the protestors did just that, peacefully, fair play to them. But obviously a select few, many of which probably went with the intention of causing trouble, and seeing it as an oppurtunity to do so.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but personally I feel that Lincoln Imps post suggesting its fair that all students pay the price for some taking pointless courses is completely unfair. I want to go to Uni, I dont feel I must be allowed to go, I feel i've worked hard and thats the next step to obtaining what I want to do. I've looked and found a course that both interests me, and leaves a worthwhile career path afterwards, with other options if that doesnt materialise (seeing as the Police force arent hiring).

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
:blush: i'm not in the NUS. Our college has f*** all in the way of things like that.

Let me get this straight, students are unmotivated and unwilling to do anything yet as soon as we do we're moaning twats who should get a job? How many people who say that went to Uni, and how many have a profession? How many are faced with unprecidened debts post uni?

Yes, some people decided to riot where we were. And i'm OBVIOUSLY subjective about my female friend getting punched while we get a tiny 16 year old girl who was dragged through a surge of rioters, subsequently injured and then getting pushed about for looking after her and trying to get her out.

Call me passionate, but i'm very subjective about these changes. Because well... how to put this. I'm a student.

You cannot tell me any of you would be happy if this was happening to you when you were my age?

Me. I got my degree via the OU - paid for - I went to College for two weeks to do A Levels when I was younger, realised I wanted a job and not a qualification, and walked. Did lots of temporary work until I got a "proper" job. I also did a PGCE and I pay back a student loan for that. I understood that I was being trained and that I was expected to pay that money back for my choice of career.

I am subjective - I am a lecturer - but if you truly believed that today was not going to end the way it did then you need your head examined.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here