Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How the hell is Henderson better than Kuipers?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
mona said:
As a genuine Michel fan, I find it sad to see him letting in so many soft goals for Boston .

despite this though, he is still a better keeper than henderson:nono:

kuipers is not the keeper he once was - anyone who thinks he is clearly has some form of problem

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I can only imagine his injuries have taken their toll on him. From the snippets I see of Boston, he doesn't look half the keeper he used to be.

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Look, theres no comparison between the two keepers. Henderson is far superior in EVERY department, too many people on here are biased towards Kuipers because he has been with us through the so called "glory years". He's not a bad keeper but look at the facts, he was available to go out on loan twice and each time has gone to a lower division club. That IMO says it all.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Henderson didn't have his best game yesterday...yet still made several good saves in the first half otherwise we would have been dead and buried.

And as for the c**t that told Henderson to f*** off after the second goal went in..... WHAT ARE YOU ON... how the hell was he meant to save that.

Baby Burtz

Feb 27, 2006
Brighton
blaney wasnt better when on his second loan spell for the seagulls he was awful! henderson is young and has alot of talent with michel he has talent but his getting abit old for footy.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I always have thought Michel is better although he doesnt seem to be doing well at the moment.
Henderson makes some good saves but seems to be costing us week in week out at the moment

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dougal said:
I always have thought Michel is better although he doesnt seem to be doing well at the moment.
Henderson makes some good saves but seems to be costing us week in week out at the moment

Where as the rest of the team isnt?

I have always thought Kuipers is too stacked to be a keeper and that has affected his speed.
Hendo and Roberts hardly ever got beaten from distance while Kuipers did more so.

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Kuipers is a good keeper but will be back up for Hendo, injuries and age take their toll.

He is a great back-up untill the emergence of Sullivan or Martin

he could become GK coach will Keeley

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Is Kuipers doing well at Boston .. dont think so :nono:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
chez said:
Look, theres no comparison between the two keepers. Henderson is far superior in EVERY department, too many people on here are biased towards Kuipers because he has been with us through the so called "glory years". He's not a bad keeper but look at the facts, he was available to go out on loan twice and each time has gone to a lower division club. That IMO says it all.

Another twat

:p

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Henderson is ok, I'm not going to start getting on his back. He's safe enough.
But Kuipers was a MORE than adequate keeper for us, and yes, I rate him better than Hendo. Kuipers is a great shot-stopper, safe on crosses, commands his area, communicates well. So a few of his kicks go into touch - BIG DEAL. He's there to keep the frigging ball out of the net, not set up our attacks. We've got OUTFIELD players for that (supposedly).

I can count on one hand the number of occasions that fella let us down, and I'd have him back in goal tomorrow (except there isn't a game).

Very well put. Kuipers was quite good enough for our requirements and as good as (maybe even better than) Henderson. So why spend what little money we have on a goalie when there are so many other areas that need strengthening?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
goldstone said:
Very well put. Kuipers was quite good enough for our requirements and as good as (maybe even better than) Henderson. So why spend what little money we have on a goalie when there are so many other areas that need strengthening?

I think purely because of his injury record.... can't remember a season that he wasn't injured for some time, this season and last was his shoulder and the two seasons b4 that he had long spells out with thigh muscle trouble i believe.

Not slagging him off, but i think thats why MM has gone looking

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
goldstone said:

He has done so well for Boston since he has been there.:lolol:

You are so right. Why spend £20k on an international goalkeeper who is only aged 22? If you cannot see that Henderson is a quality goalkeeper then you must be blind. I would far rather have Henderson in goal than Kuipers.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
chez said:
Yesterday Waynes distribution was bad but I blame that on the pitch, or the goalmouths to be more precise. Backpasses were a no no yesterday and Wayne had to deal with more than a few.

there you go....its now the pitch's fault

So when he flaps at crosses its the pitch's fault?

I think he is a very good shot stopper, one cannot argue with that...he flaps a bit , but hey they all do. FDM is a legend and it is very sad to see him not here, but we all must move on and accept that we will not see FDM here again.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Dies Irae said:
there you go....its now the pitch's fault

So when he flaps at crosses its the pitch's fault?

I think he is a very good shot stopper, one cannot argue with that...he flaps a bit , but hey they all do. FDM is a legend and it is very sad to see him not here, but we all must move on and accept that we will not see FDM here again.

The only thing wrong with Waynes performance was his kicking from backpasses. In every other department he was good yesterday - and no I didnt see one cross flapped at, his cross taking was exceptional.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here