Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How the hell is Henderson better than Kuipers?

Gully said:
Blayney was better!
Blayney was a good keeper, dunno about better, but he was very good. Shocking irony for him today to see Brighton play Soton and all the keepers who stopped him getting a chance at St Mary's dispensed with by Burley. Feel sorry for Big Al, with a bit of luck he deserved better at either club.

Gordon the Gopher said:
It goes a bit deeper than just Kuipers. We used to have a strong spine running through the middle of the team

Kuipers
Cullip
Oatway
Zamora

These players at least gave the team a back bone and some spirit. Today we lacked that...at least I got a good tan in the East Stand!
Too easy to say that.

We didn't lack spirit, we had that in abundance in the second half. What we lacked was class and, in the first half, a tactical gamble coming off.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
Too right, he was a bit shit today, but there's no real comparison between him and Kuipers. FDM is a lower-league journeyman, a decent shot-stopper, but no more. Hendo is genuine class however, stronger in just about every department.

I agree. Kuipers would still be here fighting for a place if he wasn't such a strop artist.
I agree with Fran. Roberts was a better keeper and that's why Kuipers was number two then.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
Yorkie said:
I agree. Kuipers would still be here fighting for a place if he wasn't such a strop artist.
I agree with Fran. Roberts was a better keeper and that's why Kuipers was number two then.

agreed, its a shame ben had to retire

Yorkie said:

Interestingly, this is the perhaps one of the few things that the McGhee loyalists and the Coppell era rose-tinters agree on! :D

D

Deleted member 2719

MM biggest mistake of which there are many was to not to make FDM no 1 , ultimately this is the reason which has turned many fans against him.

Hendo just didn't command his area again today and appears can not form any understanding with his defence.

When will the pig headed Mcghee swallow some pride and give FDM the shirt he deserves.

:angry: :angry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Mouldy Boots said:
MM biggest mistake of which there are many was to not to make FDM no 1 , ultimately this is the reason which has turned many fans against him.

Hendo just didn't command his area again today and appears can not form any understanding with his defence.

When will the pig headed Mcghee swallow some pride and give FDM the shirt he deserves.

When Did FDM ever command his area?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mouldy Boots said:

Codswallop.

D

Deleted member 2719

B.M.F said:
When Did FDM ever command his area?

How many balls could Hendo have collected and made safe today but decided to stay on his line rather than come for them when they were just a few yards in front of him instead he choose to let the defence do the work i have seen pub keeper catch those type of balls it was very poor keeping. :nono:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Henderson's distribution was not that good today but the pitch was very bobbly and I'd rather he kick the ball into touch than miss it all together. None of his 'miskicks' put us into trouble.

Hinsh and McShane at centre half is a pacy pairing but they are not natural organisers of the back line. Their first goal today came about when both centre forwards were left free on the edge of the box. We must remember that Hinsh is the most experienced member of the back 5 if you include Henderson - we are very raw at the back and I think it needs an old head such as Tank or Dodd to help them out.

Until the FDM retires from football there will always be a section of the Albion support who will not accept Henderson as our keeper. FDM is an Albion legend but things change - time some people her grew up and accepted it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Henderson is ok, I'm not going to start getting on his back. He's safe enough.
But Kuipers was a MORE than adequate keeper for us, and yes, I rate him better than Hendo. Kuipers is a great shot-stopper, safe on crosses, commands his area, communicates well. So a few of his kicks go into touch - BIG DEAL. He's there to keep the frigging ball out of the net, not set up our attacks. We've got OUTFIELD players for that (supposedly).

I can count on one hand the number of occasions that fella let us down, and I'd have him back in goal tomorrow (except there isn't a game).

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Easy 10 said:
Kuipers is a great shot-stopper, safe on crosses, commands his area, communicates well.

I'm not sure I've ever seen Kuipers commanding his area ... one of the major weaknesses of his game in my eyes; I've seen fewer keepers glued more firmly to their lines.

He's given away his fair share of shit goals over the years and all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We've always been poles apart in our opinions of the FDM Toady. Its vaguely comforting and reassuring to know that some things never seem to change.

:)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
I'm not sure I've ever seen Kuipers commanding his area ... one of the major weaknesses of his game in my eyes; I've seen fewer keepers glued more firmly to their lines.

He's given away his fair share of shit goals over the years and all.

and blamed the defence for it.
It was embarrassing watching McShane and Kuipers shouting at each other at Bramall Lane.

D

Deleted member 2719

thedonkeycentrehalf said:

Until the FDM retires from football there will always be a section of the Albion support who will not accept Henderson as our keeper. FDM is an Albion legend but things change - time some people her grew up and accepted it.

I have no problem generally with Hendo i feel he is not experinced enough to be between the sticks in the position we are in.

FDM is a proven solid keeper as Easy 10 said in all the matches he has played how many shaky games has he had?

Why will people still protect MM for making many errors this season?

Have they met him and been star struck or am i just being stupid?

;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mouldy Boots said:
?

Have they met him and been star struck or am i just being stupid?

Do you really want me to answer that? :lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yorkie said:
and blamed the defence for it.
It was embarrassing watching McShane and Kuipers shouting at each other at Bramall Lane.
Oh come on Yorkie, we can all pick out one instance where a keeper has screwed up, in order to build a case against them. The nature of being a keeper is that a mistake invariably proves to be costly, and just like any other keeper, Kuipers has made mistakes.

But looking back over his Albion career, I honestly cannot think of many occasions where he has cost us a goal, or cost us a game. He's saved us far, far more points than he's ever cost us.

As I say, Hendo's ok. I've no axe to grind with him. But IMHO, Kuipers is better, and I'd have preferred him between the sticks for the remainder of the season.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
Oh come on Yorkie, we can all pick out one instance where a keeper has screwed up, in order to build a case against them. The nature of being a keeper is that a mistake invariably proves to be costly, and just like any other keeper, Kuipers has made mistakes.

But looking back over his Albion career, I honestly cannot think of many occasions where he has cost us a goal, or cost us a game. He's saved us far, far more points than he's ever cost us.

As I say, Hendo's ok. I've no axe to grind with him. But IMHO, Kuipers is better, and I'd have preferred him between the sticks for the remainder of the season.

This season when Kuipers has been in goal we have shipped goals.

I know he was great especially in the two championship seasons. He isn't the best keeper now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yorkie said:
This season when Kuipers has been in goal we have shipped goals.

I know he was great especially in the two championship seasons. He isn't the best keeper now.
We've been shipping goals all season, not just when Kuipers is in goal !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here