Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How the hell is Henderson better than Kuipers?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Easy 10 said:
Henderson is ok, I'm not going to start getting on his back. He's safe enough.
But Kuipers was a MORE than adequate keeper for us, and yes, I rate him better than Hendo. Kuipers is a great shot-stopper, safe on crosses, commands his area, communicates well. So a few of his kicks go into touch - BIG DEAL. He's there to keep the frigging ball out of the net, not set up our attacks. We've got OUTFIELD players for that (supposedly).

I can count on one hand the number of occasions that fella let us down, and I'd have him back in goal tomorrow (except there isn't a game).

I couldnt put it better myself!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
This season when Kuipers has been in goal we have shipped goals.

I know he was great especially in the two championship seasons. He isn't the best keeper now.

I thought his best spell was November 2002 - January 2003, under SC.

Wolves and Norwich away spring to mind.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Henderson was never better than Kuipers. Less of a natural athlete, distribution frankly bollocks, all-in-all no great addition to the squad, whether he's an international or not. He's flakey. McGhee reached irreconcilable differences with FDM for reasons best known to himself, and blew money we could scarcely afford on a keeper we didn't need. And don't even get me STARTED on him blowing the Coca-Cola money on that petulant, useless in the air, don't attack the ball on the ground prima-donna CKR. Grrrrrr :glare:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tom Hark said:
Henderson was never better than Kuipers. Less of a natural athlete, distribution frankly bollocks, all-in-all no great addition to the squad, whether he's an international or not. He's flakey. McGhee reached irreconcilable differences with FDM for reasons best known to himself, and blew money we could scarcely afford on a keeper we didn't need.
I want your babies.

Now.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Virgo's Haircut said:
The fact of the matter is, Henderson in my opinion was a waste of money, and we could have got a striker for the same cash, and maybe scored a few goals to get a few points.

GNW is too little too late, and he really isn't that good.

What Championship strikers, that are in their prime cost £30k?!?!?!?!?!

With an international cap behind him he's a good investment. Especially as that international appearance saw him keep a clean sheet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Woodchip said:
They let people like you have kids?!?! What is the world coming to?!?!?

I know, I know, it's poltical correctness gone MAD!
Still, on the plus side, neither of me kids is ginger or plug-ugly, which IMHO can only be beneficial to the gene-pool. Er, innit.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Yorkie said:
This season when Kuipers has been in goal we have shipped goals.

I know he was great especially in the two championship seasons. He isn't the best keeper now.

Do you ever go to Withdean?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What the hell did Hendo do wrong today? The first goal Hinshelwood inexplicably ducked, allowing their striker through to shoot - Henderson had no chance of holding onto it, a bit like Spurs first goal today
The second was right in the corner???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tom Hark said:
Sorry, E10, can't do Now. Need a babysitter for next Saturday tho. Could you pop round say 7.30?
I'll have to ask my carer first, but if she says yes, then I'm THERE

:thumbsup:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Isle of Wight Seagull said:
Bring back kuipers without a doubt. Two more weak goals today

Really?

Couldn't see much of the first, but how on earth could you fault Hendo for the second?

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
hes not. never has been. only his distribution is better. his goalkeeping "skills" are far inferior to kuipers. in my opininon

Henderson's distribution is crap as well!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
as long as michel 'i have conceeded 4 goals or more on 2 seperate occasions in the last few months in league two' kuipers is at the club, no-one is better than him

the reason he is not playing now is because he had an absolute shocker at luton, and was quite frankly rubbish against sheffield united

when roberts went on that run when he kept 6 clean sheets in a row at the end of the play off year, people were still faulting him and calling for kuipers to play

mcghee may have had made a total cock up of this season with some of his decisions, but the decision to bring in henderson and give him the number 1 shirt is one of the few decent things he has done

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
They're both about the same if you ask me.

We could have Buffon in goal and we'd still be bottom. Our problem is we have no bloody midfield!
Spot on!

And we've spent the entire season arguing about strikers and goalkeepers.

:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here