Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How tasty is the Brighton - Falmer train going to be on the 27th???!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The OB need to do this sensibly. Presumably if Palace are kept in then all the bars will close in the ground, to get Albion fans home? They won't be.
If not, there will be flair ups everywhere. No there won't.There may be a few groups around that are not even going to the game, just there to start trouble. If they don't police it right, if could (notice I said "Could") get nasty.
I love the Amex coz fans mix before and after and can drink in eachothers stands after etc, but is this really sensible against Palace?Yes it is.
Hope this helps.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would imagine that the low life Palace fans will be held back until the Brighton crowd has well and truly left.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There is a small group of Palace "fans" who don't go into the ground, they turn up near Brighton Station after kick off and try to get into pubs around there. Usually end up in The Eddy. Dealt with a few of them on the doors a few years back. Would be very surprised if they don't rock up every time we play. Idiots.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
Hope this helps.

Love the naiveity mate. Listen i don't want it to be the case but trust me you cannot allow these 2 sets of fans to mix and not get "flare ups".

Have you ever been to a Palace game before. Recent games at Selhurst had trouble and only huge police prescence stopped it getting worse.

The night game at Withdean, all the home fans piled out of the South stand and triede rushing the palace fans at the top of the hill - again only a massive police force stopped there being mass brawls.

So please carry on with your naive postings because although not everyone will be looking for trouble, there will be a minority that are - and in a crowd of 23 k that minority only has to be 5 % for there to be a problem

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Love the naiveity mate. Listen i don't want it to be the case but trust me you cannot allow these 2 sets of fans to mix and not get "flare ups".

Have you ever been to a Palace game before. Recent games at Selhurst had trouble and only huge police prescence stopped it getting worse.

The night game at Withdean, all the home fans piled out of the South stand and triede rushing the palace fans at the top of the hill - again only a massive police force stopped there being mass brawls.

So please carry on with your naive postings because although not everyone will be looking for trouble, there will be a minority that are - and in a crowd of 23 k that minority only has to be 5 % for there to be a problem

Agree completely - Of course the majority of us aren't going to go looking for trouble but there will be a large number still that do.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Agree completely - Of course the majority of us aren't going to go looking for trouble but there will be a large number still that do.

You dont have to look for trouble. Difference with this game is even level headed fans can react in a totally different manor due to a given situation. Say we get done 1- 0 last min and you have a load of gobby Palace acting up and being mouthy on a train. You don't have to be a fighter to not stand for this. Maybe other games you would bite tongue but this is Palace

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
There is a small group of Palace "fans" who don't go into the ground, they turn up near Brighton Station after kick off and try to get into pubs around there. Usually end up in The Eddy. Dealt with a few of them on the doors a few years back. Would be very surprised if they don't rock up every time we play. Idiots.

There are a few nutters lets say certain area's of Brighton that will probably go looking for that small group.

This is why I say sensible policing, not the way they delt with that evening 0-0 and Withdean where anyboady got a smack with a batton, me included. Sensible policing where "innocents" can enjoy the atmos with an edge and hurl abouse at eachother but not get involved in fighting, and those that wanna scrap can beat eachothers heads in in Wild Park. Or something to that effect.

I can't imagine that the trains will be any more of a problem than they have been on the previous occasions that we've played Palace in recent years. I've always found them a convenient and comfortable way of travelling to and from Croydon, with no trouble being apparent.

The only bad experience I can recall recently arose from the frustrations that some Albion fans seemed unable to contain, when the police attempted to ensure post-match crowd segregation. Hopefully a different approach to policing will prevail this season and no-one will feel penned in.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Quite the opposite is true. The huge police presence at the 5-0 game caused all manner of problems. I truly believe that a visible but relaxed police presence will have the opposite effect.

The only bad experience I can recall recently arose from the frustrations that some Albion fans seemed unable to contain, when the police attempted to ensure post-match crowd segregation. Hopefully a different approach to policing will prevail this season and no-one will feel penned in.
Ah, beaten to it. Treat people like adults and most will behave like them. Of course there will be one or two idiots, but I expect them to be dealt with swiftly.

All the people saying palace should be kept in for an hour, how do you expect them to get home? Do you think this will calm them down?

The only potential problem I see is if we have a crap referee, which given than we've had one for 6 of the last 7 games, seems quite likely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here