Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how SAFE do you feel on the STREETS?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I feel safer walking around New York when I visit there on holiday than I do pretty much anywhere that I've been in this country.

You went into the heart of the Bronx did you ? or the safe bits around Manhattan.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I feel safer walking around New York when I visit there on holiday than I do pretty much anywhere that I've been in this country.

I’d agree with that. I’ve been in New York nearly a year now and never felt threatened – even coming out of Grand Central Station late at night which is more than you can say about Brighton Station at 2am on a Sunday morning. Getting on the train at Victoria at midnight was bad enough, then sitting in a carriage with some little chav git saying “What you effing looking at mate ?” You just don’t get that in your face aggression in New York – it’s just as multi-cultural as Brighton but folks are generally friendlier and more polite – maybe that came about as a result of 9/11, I don’t know.

I’d agree that the Bronx is different – I’m working on a construction site next to Yankee Stadium on 161st street which is right in the Bronx. It’s fine during the day but you don’t hang around at night walking to the subway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here