Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much wil Gus have to spend in the summer??

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
£10,421,305.62

Two new centrebacks and Holario( when CFC get rid of him in the Summer)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Isn't he on about 50 grand a week AND shite? :glare:

so...I have a mate who works for a division of Goldman Sachs in the US and is a knob of the highest order and has just received $1.26 million bonus.

as you go through life, you will find that an awful lot of "shite" people get paid rediculous amounts of money..

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
I don't think so somehow. Perhaps it is because having supported us whilst at withdean and some Gillingham they want to back us into our new ground, not purely because "Corporate sponsors have clearly been drip fed enough info to make them stump up for their dollar"

But of course I may be wrong as it sounds like you have more connections than the back of my television.

The corporate interest at the new stadium are not your local builders, restaurants and pub owners. The club are pitching to and getting business from much bigger mainstream national companies and the like. Bloom wants this business to make money or at least not lose him a stack and he ain't gonna do that chasing local business wannabes most of whom won't be able to afford a box at the new stadium.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
so...I have a mate who works for a division of Goldman Sachs in the US and is a knob of the highest order and has just received $1.26 million bonus.

Why would you have someone as a mate when you consider them to be 'knob of the highest order'?

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I've heard 7 mil...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I thiinstead of worrying about how much to spend, I think Mr Blooms first concern would be to tie Gus down on a 4 or 5 year contract.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I have to say I am a little puzzled where the money is coming from. According to the attached, Bloom was only worth £50 in October last year. Now this may be net of any loans he has given to the club but if he is stumping up £4m to get us promoted, how much to keep us in the championship and how much to move on from there. The guy is not a billionnaire.

Abramovich leads Jewish football rich list | The Jewish Chronicle

I guess these are best estimates, the truth is if anyone owns a private company, they do not have to publish their results, much less what the owners take out of it, which is a moot point because there are so many ways to fiddle the system in any case.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I have to say I am a little puzzled where the money is coming from. According to the attached, Bloom was only worth £50 in October last year. Now this may be net of any loans he has given to the club but if he is stumping up £4m to get us promoted, how much to keep us in the championship and how much to move on from there. The guy is not a billionnaire.

Abramovich leads Jewish football rich list | The Jewish Chronicle

1) Nobody really knows how much Mr Bloom is worth, the JC is just guessing.

2) He hasn't stumped up any money yet*, this is all internet message board speculation.

3) Points 1 and 2 should stop your puzzlement

*Before anyone gets pedantic, obviously he has for Falmer but that's not what the thread's about

SW17

Jan 2, 2007
South London
I have it on good authority ie; someone close to bloom that Gus will have around £5m in the summer but will also be expected to take some Premiership Players on loan for the season. Graham Barrett anyone?:facepalm:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
1) Nobody really knows how much Mr Bloom is worth, the JC is just guessing.

2) He hasn't stumped up any money yet*, this is all internet message board speculation.

3) Points 1 and 2 should stop your puzzlement

*Before anyone gets pedantic, obviously he has for Falmer but that's not what the thread's about

And around 18 million to buy the club and pay off loans etc

sammy g

With so many clubs going to the Wall. It seems inevitable that one is eventually going to follow the likes of Aldershot(obviously they have returned) and disappear. But the next one maybe a much bigger club. As much fun as it is speculating on the millions we may or may not have to spend; do we feel that the long term future of the club is safe?

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
With so many clubs going to the Wall. It seems inevitable that one is eventually going to follow the likes of Aldershot(obviously they have returned) and disappear. But the next one maybe a much bigger club. As much fun as it is speculating on the millions we may or may not have to spend; do we feel that the long term future of the club is safe?

Yeah, I think the clubs future has never been safer. We will spend as much as it requires to get us into the Championship, no more, no less, and then as much as required to keep us there until we are ready for the next step forward. Happy days.........

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think the long term future of the club is very rosy. TB is not like other investors - he is not approaching this as an investment - he is supporting his local club and in return is only demanding that it is run in a sustainable and commercial manner. That's win-win for us. No irresponsible spending and no investors borrowing money secured on the club. So we end up with our own stadium, no debts and a manager/squad/Chairman who are right on the money at a time when other clubs are struggling.

Couldn't be more exciting.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
All I will say is I love the idea of qualaty players, and if the Lizard wishes to splash the transfer fees out his own pocket, then great and thankyou deeply. However I would feel very uneasy on taking on a massive wage on 3-4 year contracts etc because we will then be running in serious debt and you only have to look at what is happening to our Friends in Crystal 'back to back administration' Palace and Poorsmouth.

I have critisied fans of Palace, Portsmouth, Luton etc for watching the club go way beyond it's means and then hitting the administration brakes, don't want to see the same happen to us. Bloom is rich but he isn't an Abramovich.

Slow but steady should do here....

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
approaching 4 million, no expense spared on stadium, i,m told it will be better equiped than the emirates!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here