Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much wil Gus have to spend in the summer??

richoseagull

Jan 23, 2010
Berkshire
It was from a good source, via a friend, and I don't feel it is my place to spread. However, I have no reason to disbelieve it - and the recent loan signings seem to be consistent with that sort of funding and ambition.

Sorry... perhaps I shouldn't have said anything. :down:

No, probably not. Is it more than... 2 million?

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
£2,000,000 on 3/4 QUALITY and FLAIR signings and we will be well on our way.

Keep the core from this season get rid of the Manure to free some cash.

:thumbsup:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think the difference next pre season will be that we can entice players with proven ability, rather than potential. A lot of good players, out of contract will come to us becuase of the new ground, plus I hope that Bloom will notch up the wages on offer. Otherwise they will go to the Southamptons of this world. Decent contracted players will cost anything from £200k upwards.

This Arismeldi lad must be on at least £20k a week at Stoke. I'm guessing that we will pay at least 50% of that weekly wage, which over say 15 weeks is about £150k. So it would seem that Bloom is opening the purse strings.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Heard from 2 different sources it was up to £40 million :eek:

Another well placed source said it was in the £5-10 million area.

I think the £40 mill is too far fetched to be believable but the sources were both well placed and saying the same thing.

The second one is more likely and given Bloom has already invested up to £100 million already not beyond the realms of possiblilty and would certainly guarantee some top quality signings to get us in the Championship.

No-one really knows but it is clear that with loan signings like Arismendi, Bloom & Poyet's intentions are clear and a significant transfer fund will be available in the summer, of that I have no doubt at all.

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009

I think the £40 mill is too far fetched to be believable but the sources were both well placed and saying the same thing.

The second one is more likely and given Bloom has already invested up to £100 million already not beyond the realms of possiblilty and would certainly guarantee some top quality signings to get us in the Championship.

No-one really knows but it is clear that with loan signings like Arismendi, Bloom & Poyet's intentions are clear and a significant transfer fund will be available in the summer, of that I have no doubt at all.
I don't think it will be anywhere near them amounts but can hope

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing

Well whoever said 40 mill needs their head tested or need to go back on the pills !!!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

Jesus, top premier teams won't even have that amount of spend !!!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Forget your pounds, it's euro's, reubles (sp) and rupees that Mr Bloom is gonna be using!:eek:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Well whoever said 40 mill needs their head tested or need to go back on the pills !!!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

Jesus, top premier teams won't even have that amount of spend !!!

Yeah I know, I did actually laugh at them both and scoff at the £40 mill quote. I would be happy with 1-2 million and I can't even believe I am saying that even given our paucity of funds in recent years!

richoseagull

Jan 23, 2010
Berkshire

:lolol: i wish!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here