Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much wil Gus have to spend in the summer??

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Ok so its been well publicised that Mr Bloom wants us in The Championship by the time we move into Falmer but what spending power do we think Gus will have at his disposal pre-season??

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I've heard a rumour... and it's quite a lot!

Not sure if the figure was for one-off transfer fees, annual increase in playing budget, combination of the two etc.... but it was quite a lot!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
However much is left over from his wages after his misses has taken her share

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So...in the millions then?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It was from a good source, via a friend, and I don't feel it is my place to spread. However, I have no reason to disbelieve it - and the recent loan signings seem to be consistent with that sort of funding and ambition.

Sorry... perhaps I shouldn't have said anything. :down:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It was from a good source, via a friend, and I don't feel it is my place to spread. However, I have no reason to disbelieve it - and the recent loan signings seem to be consistent with that sort of funding and ambition.

Sorry... perhaps I shouldn't have said anything. :down:

:rant:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
This is a great question. Just how much will Bloom & Co set aside for (1) Transfer Fees (if any) and (2) Wages.

I am not expecting any £500k + signings in the summer, but I am expecting that we can extend our wage bill up a few notches.

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
1 BILLION DOLLERS!!! Said austin Powers stylie

*EDIT* My Grammer is CRAP

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If we learnt anything from last summer its that spunking money for fun doesn't necessarily get you anywhere, it seems this season free signings have done better than the ones we bought for money.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If we learnt anything last summer its that spunking money for fun doesn't necessarily get you anywhere, it seems this season free signings have done better than the ones we bought for money.

I would imagine a lot of it is down to the manager and his coaches:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here