Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much sympathy for Joel Lynch?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ever since he shouted a loud f*** OFF in response to some at the time, richly-deserved but customarily gentle stick in the direction of myself and the (other) old ladies in the North stand last season, I've suspected that we're dealing with an ego way, way in excess of its talent. And this looks like another clear demonstration of that. So no, no sympathy for a big old huffy FLOUNCE from me.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No sympathy at all. It's only the beginning of the season and already he's unhappy? If he hadn't got a run despite playing well in the reserves by November then maybe there would be some sympathy. But not now. It just looks like he wants to leave regardless of whether he plays or not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does he want his ball back as well?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
None from Adams;

Seagulls boss happy to win ugly (From The Argus)

.......Whether Joel Lynch plays a part, be it as stand-in for Colin Hawkins should the Irishman be ruled out or on the bench, remains to be seen.

Adams revealed Lynch did not ask for a move from Withdean because he was left out of the 16 at Southend. In fact, it was the other way around.

The Albion boss said: “I didn’t feel, having put a written transfer request in last Thursday, that he was in the right frame of mind for Southend.

“I gave him that night off and we got another good win.”

He added: “Joel is a little bit frustrated I suppose after seeing the team do so well.

“Whether that is a sign of a little bit of immaturity I’m not too sure.

“Certainly it is his prerogative. We can’t keep everybody happy.

“What’s disappointing from my point of view is that he asked for a move when he has not been in the team.

“It is normally when they have been in the team and dropped out.

“He is going to have to bide his time and understand it’s a squad game.

“The deadline is coming up but Albion fans can rest assured we do not want him to leave and certainly we have had no offers for him.

“If I feel it is right he will be in the squad.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here