Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much sympathy for Joel Lynch?

Oct 7, 2006
Eastbourne
lynch is overrated and if we can get 500k for him its good business. hes prone to many errors, and i cant understand why we rate him so highly.

elphick is much more of a rock than lynch is so no wonder he's ahead of him in the team, elphick was immense last year.

Micky bought in Hawkins for his experience. which is paying off at the moment. So while the team is performing why would adams wanna change it. If we wanna go places in this division you need experience.

Lynch obviously dont want to play for us else he would'nt have handed in a request.

if you dont wanna be here then go.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
In which case, why did he wait until 4 days before the end of the transfer window before slapping in his transfer request ?

The fact he isn't currently in the starting XI and obviously believes that he should be is clearly what is driving this.

Because Forest are sniffing around?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Every sympathy for him to be honest. He would walk into ANY side in this division, and at least half of the teams in the division above, yet he's being overlooked here. I appreciate that Elphick, Hawkins, Richards etc are all good players, but Lynch is better and should be FIRST name on the teamsheet. Hopefully he'll take his chance on Saturday because if we lose a ball-playing centre-half like Joel it could take years to find another.

Cobblers. He's not being "overlooked". He wasn't fit at the start of the season, the two guys who are playing are doing bloody well. He should be prepared to fight for his place just like every other professional footballer. We're only 4 games into the season, and he'll probably start on Saturday.

And he's good....but he's really not THAT good. I think you are hugely overstating his case to say he'd walk into half the teams in the Championship.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
If they want him, they'll make a bid for him.
Lynch lobbing in a transfer request is neither here nor there as far as Forest would be concerned.

You're probably right. But perhaps it's a "come and get me" to the other clubs that have supposedly watched him in the past. Elphick, Hawkins, Virgo and El Abd are all in contention with Lynch for two places in the side, then you have to weigh up this alledged spat with Adams. I can't say I blame him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As for how good he is, well he's not the finished article, but he's damn close. I think it goes without saying that he'd get in every single team in our league, and yes, I do believe he'd be in half the championship ones too.

Joel Lynch is nowhere NEAR the finished article. Neither is T.Elphick. They've both learnt their trade from Big Guy i.e. to Clear Their Lines And Let Someone Else Sort It Out From There. And they've learnt it well. But that just makes them hoofers. They need a lot more intelligence in their game to progress. Unlike Guy, who was a big bloke and very rarely got beat in the air and didn't give a f*** where his foot-hoofs ended up - as long as it was away from the goal he was defending. But maybe that's not enough anymore.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is plenty of mediocrity in the championship that would LOVE a Joel Lynch at the back.

Well they're not exactly beating down the door to sign him are they.

Lynch is a decent enough prospect, and I'd have no qualms about him being in the team, but he's certainly not indispensible. Strikes me that he believes he is a hell of a lot better than he actually is, but the fact he doesn't seem prepared to roll his sleeves up and fight for his place is very disappointing.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
None.

Requesting a transfer three league games into the season because you're not starting is not the way to act.

He should be fighting to impress the manager and win his place back.

He's a talented young player and we should do all possible to hang on to him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Joel Lynch is anything but a hoofer!! In fact, I'd say his one weakness is that he hasn't got a bit of Butters' style in his play, i.e. he sometimes doesn't belt it into row Z when he should.

What I meant was that if you just put him in their squads they WOULD play him. Paying £500k+ for him is a different prospect, and why the vast majority will not even bid.

As for your second point, do you not think he's done the 'roll your sleeves up and prove yourself' part already? In fact, he's been doing that for over a couple of years now. He was magnificent at the end of last season, so there is no reason why he should be out of the team in the first place. You've got to admit that if you went to work, did a superb job, but came back after your summer holiday to find you'd been replaced you'd be a little miffed?!

You don't stop having to prove yourself just because you were in the team regularly last season. New manager, so everyone starts with a clean slate. Competition for places is HEALTHY, it keeps everyone on their toes.

Except if you're Lynch apparently, where your bottom lip quivers and you just chuck the towel in after a couple of games on the bench.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Joel Lynch is nowhere NEAR the finished article. Neither is T.Elphick. They've both learnt their trade from Big Guy i.e. to Clear Their Lines And Let Someone Else Sort It Out From There. And they've learnt it well. But that just makes them hoofers. They need a lot more intelligence in their game to progress. Unlike Guy, who was a big bloke and very rarely got beat in the air and didn't give a f*** where his foot-hoofs ended up - as long as it was away from the goal he was defending. But maybe that's not enough anymore.

Couldn't disagree more. Lynch tries to pass the ball out of defence and is the best ball playing centre half we have. That's one of the reasons he's such a great prospect. Hawkins is much more likely to put it in row Z.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Couldn't disagree more. Lynch tries to pass the ball out of defence and is the best ball playing centre half we have.

For sure. Once was the case. Recently tho (back end of last season, this pre-season, cameo roles this season proper ) he's not looked happy at all on the ball. There's something FAR wrong going on there.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
You don't stop having to prove yourself just because you were in the team regularly last season. New manager, so everyone starts with a clean slate. Competition for places is HEALTHY, it keeps everyone on their toes.

Except if you're Lynch apparently, where your bottom lip quivers and you just chuck the towel in after a couple of games on the bench.

We signed two centre halves over the summer when there were far more pressing matters to address. There was bound to be some disquiet. How can you keep five centre halves happy (unless they're one of your favourites and you play them in midfield of course!).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lynch has been ill-advised.

What is the point of putting in a transfer request just days before the deadline? Even if the Albion co-operated with him there's no guarantee any deal could be struck in time.

Then we're left with a player who's nailed his colours to the mast that he doesn't want to be here, so nobody wins.

I would assume that if Micky is doing his job properly he would already have spoken one-on-one with all of the squad, especially the 1st XI, so both player and manager should know where they stand.

Assuming this is so, what is Lynch's problem? We're in a play-off spot and look a good bet for promotion, so what more does he want? Personally, I don't care who is playing for us as long as we get promoted. Local players aren't always all they're cracked up to be (see Harding, Hammond), if he wants to go then fine provided we get decent cash.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I would assume that if Micky is doing his job properly he would already have spoken one-on-one with all of the squad, especially the 1st XI, so both player and manager should know where they stand.

Assuming this is so, what is Lynch's problem?

Wouldn't that depend on what was said?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
He should be pissed off. That is good,he will get his chance,silly boy......OR a club has inquired about him.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here