Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much sympathy for Joel Lynch?

barney

Jul 31, 2006
some sympathy. he played very well last season. him and elphick had a good partnership. and he seems to have done nothing wrong but has been replaced. as a promising young defender who many will agree, will probably go onto a higher standard, it is a shame that he wants to leave. but he seems to have handled it badly it requesting a transfer so soon.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why would you ask someone the time, if you had a watch on? That's a bit LAZY isn't it?

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
He's a young lad and his head will be turned easily, whether by his agent, his friends, his family or whoever. It only takes a couple of his associates to convince him that he's unhappy - and it will become a big issue. I can't be sympathetic, but I can understand how it may have come about. It's up to Micky now to prove how good a manager he is by keeping him onboard.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If an agent told me it was Monday, I would check a calender.
If an agent told me grass was green, I would look out of the window to check.
If an agent told me he was having fish fingers for his tea, I would suggest he has mashed potato with it.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
A bit disappointed really. I think he has had a fair few injuries and made a few mistakes. He does show talent and is going to be one for the future, but at the same time you have to work at these things when you are young.

A premiership club are unlikely to come in for someone who can't get his head down and work his way into the first team. But then again, like BOF said it may not just be about the football.

Maybe he did not get mash potatoe when he wanted fish fingers ?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
some sympathy. he played very well last season. him and elphick had a good partnership. and he seems to have done nothing wrong but has been replaced. as a promising young defender who many will agree, will probably go onto a higher standard, it is a shame that he wants to leave. but he seems to have handled it badly it requesting a transfer so soon.

None at all. Stop whining and fight for your place!! OK he played well last season but the team finished seventh. We obviously want to improve upon that finish this season so the team has to improve.

I don't agree that Lynch did 'nothing' wrong - he made a few errors as did most. What needed to be done was to bring in players that will improve the squad and/or push last seasons players for their places. That is exactly what has happened with Lynch. Hawkins has been brought in either to replace Lynch or to push him for his place. MA has obviously taken the view that the best two players for that position based on what he has seen pre-season are Hawkins and Elphick.

What Lynch has effectively done is to give up on getting his place back rather than fight for it. On that basis he deserves no sympathy at all.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I don't think Joel Lynch needs sympathy. It appears that Nottingham Forest are interested in him. Championship football at (let's face it) a bigger club is a tremendous opportunity for a great talent. I'm sure most of our squad would seriously consider handing in a transfer request if there was a real chance of enhancing their career, especially if they are on the sidelines at the time. If he goes I wish him all the best, if he stays I have no problem at all with him and hope he continues to perform admirably in the blue and white stripes.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What Lynch has effectively done is to give up on getting his place back rather than fight for it. On that basis he deserves no sympathy at all.

The other way of looking at this scenario is he is looking to enhance his career in a higher division with a bigger club. Whether or not he is in the starting eleven may well be irrelevant.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The other way of looking at this scenario is he is looking to enhance his career in a higher division with a bigger club. Whether or not he is in the starting eleven may well be irrelevant.

In which case, why did he wait until 4 days before the end of the transfer window before slapping in his transfer request ?

The fact he isn't currently in the starting XI and obviously believes that he should be is clearly what is driving this.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

But he could do that without handing in a transfer request. When Virgo went to Celtic the fans were supportive and understood. If Forest had actually made an offer and Joel said he wanted to go I could understand it. However as it is no offer has been made and he has asked for a move after just 3 league games. No sympathy at all I'm afraid.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tricky one. We don't know the reasons behind the transfer request, so can't really say whether the lad is deserving of sympathy or not. Wouldn't be in the least surprised if there's an agent behind it, trying to generate a bit of hot transfer action.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Loads of sympathy...especially as a couple of years ago, he was being watched by a Bolton scout....the ball was kicked in Joel's face and he fell down like a ton of bricks and took 5 minutes to recover.

"I've seen enough" says the scout!

I think Joel is an exceptional talent but needs to toughen up a bit before demandinga transfer!!!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Reflects todays footballer if you ask me if you don't get your own way then engineer a move away from the club. Good on MA for rejecting the request after all with Colin Hawkins out this weekend Lynch will get his chance.

Rather than running away why does Lynch not grab this oppurtunity to prove he is worthy of a starting place with 2 hands.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair to Lynch, I think our best pairing ( as I say I havent seen this hawkins bloke yet) is Lynch and Elphic at the back.

maybe Hawkins has brought something that Lynch hasn't got, then fair enough.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think that's maybe the weakness in the players who come through the youth ranks and stick around in the first team. They maybe don't develop the mental toughness that would come from moving to the alien environments that are other clubs.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think that's maybe the weakness in the players who come through the youth ranks and stick around in the first team. They maybe don't develop the mental toughness that would come from moving to the alien environments that are other clubs.

Would agree with that.

Also look at players like N.Elder when he was here he was not given chances but when he came on you always got the feeling he was giving everything to get noticed and in the side. There may be other reasons behind this but I feel dissapointed by Lynch and his reaction to not playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here