Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much State benefit do you pocket every month?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Me?
Well, I receive £20.30 Child Benefit every week, equating to £81.20 / month.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
As a single man, with no known children, in full time gainful employment...absolutely zilch.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Zilcho!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Feck All. Used to get child benefit and childrens tax credits but this ceases after the kids leave full time education. My working tax credit stopped last month because the missus now gets a pension and pushes us over the threshold , which also means I will have to start paying for prescriptions again :mad:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Zero, but I have been told I will need to sign on to get access to a Disability Advisor. I was hoping to avoid that and pick up some work in the meantime, but it hasn't been as easy as I would have hoped. :angry:

NOTHING, we tried child tax credit but we suffered from payments, then asked to pay back,then reassesses, then payment then pay back.

So we have up, it was like a full time job.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Me?
Well, I receive £20.30 Child Benefit every week, equating to £81.20 / month.

Totally opposed to child benefit. Why the hell should taxpayers who choose not to have children subsidize those who do?

Blatantly unfair.

If people can't afford to have kids they shouldn't have them.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Funnily enuf we are just in the process of applying for working family tax credits/ child tax credits. Has anyone recently filled out the applic form and if so can they tell me what I can do if I havent got a p60 or all my p45's for the previous tax year?

D

Deleted User X18H

Child benefit £132.50 for our two apart from that nada .....zilch

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I recently discovered that as I live on my own and don't have any savings I am entitled to help with my rent. This means the council pay the majority of my monthly rent now, which is very handy.

I found a useful website the other day that asks you a load of questions and then tells you what, if any, benefits you are entitled to. There are a good deal more than you might think and a significant portion of the population are not claiming all they could.

Having paid out a very sizeable sum in various taxes over the years I don't feel any guilt on claiming what's mine

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
As a genuine ill health case who the doctors will not allow to work I am paid sickness benefit.I have tried to convince the boards I have to attend to let me do something,but apparently I am now too much of a dud to be allowed near a job,and as they keep telling me,I'm very near to state pension,so accept it gracefully.

Have to admit that most days I feel so grim that I'd be phoning in sick anyway.I'm glad of the money,though I'd change the situation if I could.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Totally opposed to child benefit. Why the hell should taxpayers who choose not to have children subsidize those who do?

Blatantly unfair.

If people can't afford to have kids they shouldn't have them.

Cos when you're dribbling in your wheelchair it will be someone elses child wiping your arse.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cos when you're dribbling in your wheelchair it will be someone elses child wiping your arse.

Good answer Jonny. We all need to invest in our future. If none of us had kids we'd go downhill fast! Unless we brought in loads of immigrants from the third world...........best not open that can of worms though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I recently discovered that as I live on my own and don't have any savings I am entitled to help with my rent. This means the council pay the majority of my monthly rent now, which is very handy.

i hope you are on a very low wage, otherwise that is appaling. why should i or others bother to save? whole attitude to benefits makes me sick, a safty net turned in to state dependency. look at tax credits, why on earth isnt it simply an increase in allowance for all, no paper work, no cocking up the payments and no having to borrow moeny to pay it back (happened to a friend, he was royally shafted).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here