Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you spend weekly on food ?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
u r all greedy mofos.

£20 p/w, £30 if I am feeling decadent.

D

Deleted member 2719

According to the wife £150 for a family of 4. (2 teenagers)

Nah, what do you feed them on carrot tops.

Edit. That teach me i thought we were talking Monthly.

Note. must read thread titles first.

:moo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Mrs Muzzy told me to tell you that you need to shop shrewdly to get the best benefits of online shopping. There should be quite a few "First time online shopper" deals to be had, so look out for who is doing the best deal at the time. Use the same store for a couple of shops before moving to another. That is when they miss your custom and your not classed as just a one off customer. Make sure that you sign up to all shops in both husband and wife names as any offers can vary between you both. You can get some good first time offers by going via Quidco.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If you are watching pennies, you can use a comparison site that will compare all the home delivery supermarkets for the same items (i.e you put in your shopping list by choosing the items.)

We do it at work (London) for drinks etc, and Asda or Ocado usually come out best. Personally Sainsburys seem to average the cheapest down here.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Where are you all shopping? Even on a "quiet" week my bill is £100.

There is no booze in this either! I might have to try online.

We probably spend about £50 a week for 5 of us. Basics from Aldi, meat from the butcher ( soooooo much cheaper and better tasting ) and other bits from Sainsburys. It takes a little effort both in shopping terms and cooking but well worth it. We used to spend over £450 per month with Tescos online but unemployment forced a re-think and we've stuck with it even after my partner found a new job.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
£100 a week for 2 of us. We eat well, but reading this makes me think I ought to try our local butchers and fishmongers.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
u r all greedy mofos.

£20 p/w, £30 if I am feeling decadent.

I'm similar to this, I tend to stick with my bog standard meals that don't break the bank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here