Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you hate southern trains

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I've been fined three times now, once on my way to work and twice coming back from work and I nearly got arrested for it! The first incident wasn't my fault, I was going to pay the conductor and he was ready to distribute the return ticket I wanted, and his f***ing machine broke down, so when I got to Shoreham Station, surprise surprise the ticket men were there, they didn't believe me about the conductor machine breaking down, so I had to pay the twenty quid fine.

The second time was coming back from work, and jumping off at Fishergate was two men standing there. I didn't buy a ticket, because its only two stops and it aint a main station Fishergate, so I started to have a arguement with a Scottish guard and he nearly arrested me, untill his mate said just let him pay the fine!

The third time was today, same station this time, say outcome. I'm getting totally sick off it. I might just get the bus from now on, because we pay their wages to stand at damn stations all day long, talking about things. Whilst many of us push, pull or even work on computers for a living it makes me sick to the stomach!

I hate Southern!

Good, people like you should be shot not fined :angry::angry::angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've been fined three times now, once on my way to work and twice coming back from work and I nearly got arrested for it! The first incident wasn't my fault, I was going to pay the conductor and he was ready to distribute the return ticket I wanted, and his f***ing machine broke down, so when I got to Shoreham Station, surprise surprise the ticket men were there, they didn't believe me about the conductor machine breaking down, so I had to pay the twenty quid fine.

The second time was coming back from work, and jumping off at Fishergate was two men standing there. I didn't buy a ticket, because its only two stops and it aint a main station Fishergate, so I started to have a arguement with a Scottish guard and he nearly arrested me, untill his mate said just let him pay the fine!

The third time was today, same station this time, say outcome. I'm getting totally sick off it. I might just get the bus from now on, because we pay their wages to stand at damn stations all day long, talking about things. Whilst many of us push, pull or even work on computers for a living it makes me sick to the stomach!

I hate Southern!

Well, use the bus next time, mind you it's harder to fare dodge on them. You could have avoided all your problems by simply buying a ticket of course.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Methinks Kev misjudged his audience if he was expecting a sympathetic response to his post.

:lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

I hate Southern!

:wozza:

Pay for a ticket in future. You are a common criminal for dodging fares. Disgrace.

These are wonderful:

bswann442417paddockwood080708.jpg

they are indeed wonderful if ....

Southern refurbished them on time

and they wernt cast offs from south western trains

otherwise a class train

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And which countries would those be? I'm sure you will find buses in every country offering journeys to the public. Or do you discount these because they are privately owned.......a bit like nearly all the trains and buses in the UK.?

Large chunks of the USA and Canada have NO public transport, not even taxis. Beleave me without a car you can't even buy food in some areas. It's little wonder they have an obsession with the Middle East.

However, like so many things that people criticise in this country they don't tend to know any better. People moan our schools, our medical system, our public transport, our postal systems and yet believe me they are a lot better than most. They could always be better but they could be a whole lot worse.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And which countries would those be? I'm sure you will find buses in every country offering journeys to the public. Or do you discount these because they are privately owned.......a bit like nearly all the trains and buses in the UK.?

Never mind countries without public transport - there are large parts of Britain which have no bus or rail services.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Ernest and Bulldog will probably help me with this one, but I saw one of the Express(442's) going between L.Road and Moulscoombe on Sunday, what the hell was it doing out there?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Never mind countries without public transport - there are large parts of Britain which have no bus or rail services.

True enough. I know when I lived in Wigan the train service was dire.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Up north they also have those horrible looking bus train things, I've never been on one but they look awful..

There are bad, believe me about that, they usually stink of diesel fumes. Mind you for sheer poor service I was working in East Anglia a few years ago and their trains on the more rural lines are ancient single car types which are also very infrequent.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex

I hate Southern!

Unlucky on the first one, however with the other two it proves why the Inspectors are needed . Dont suppose you would just walk out of a shop without paying would you so why do you feel you dont need to buy a ticket ??

Be warned that at some stage because you are now classed as a regular fare evader ( 3 Penalty Fares ) they are quite within their rights to take you to court and the average at Worthing Courts comes out over £250 with costs etc apparently even for a £2 fare.

Those of us that pay for our fares wouldnt have to pay so much if we werent subsidising free travel for chancers (thieves) like you.:censored:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ernest and Bulldog will probably help me with this one, but I saw one of the Express(442's) going between L.Road and Moulscoombe on Sunday, what the hell was it doing out there?

Probably a test run after being serviced

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

I hate Southern!

Gutted, they should have locked you up and thrown away the key.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here