Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you hate southern trains

bhafc_ross

Feb 21, 2009
Brighton
I get southern train to work everyday and they are late or delayed by atleast 10 minutes atleast once a week , always on way home from work:censored: How much do you hateee them ? experiences ? please I need to know that there annoying someone else more then me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have never had a problem with their trains, so it's quite easy for me to sit here and say that I quite like them. I like how helpful their staff have been with me when booking tickets, I like how I've been treated by their staff and their conductors and I've never had a problem with any part of their service, and I've had to travel home a few times on the last train to Brighton. I have no problems with Southern, they're running a service and it's impossible for it to be perfect, and unfair to expect it to be in some ways.

All of that said, I do read The Argus, and some of the reports coming out of Southern about cutting services in the morning, etc, really isn't good and their service perhaps could be improved. But overall I think it's good, I don't think they've done anything overly bad.

bhafc_ross

Feb 21, 2009
Brighton
there never bad at times early in morning and late at night , they like to play up at most important times. and trust me not all conductors are nice , I got on train once to buy a ticket he said pay at brighton then i got fine when got there lazy ****** didnt wanna get his machine out :mad:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Worst expirience I've ever had with trains HAS to be Birmingham Away last season, we'd just won the Cup so I wasn't bothered anyhow.

There had be MAJOR winds in the Midlands that night, and some tree's had got on the track, we only found this out when we got to Watford Junction. So we'd got the train from Brighton to Watford, then we had to get a f***ing coach to Milton Keynes, which seem to take an age..then had to get the Train from MK to Birmingham. They 'promised' it'd be fine coming home, so I though ahh not to bad, we'll do Brum they're shit, we're good, we've just won the cup..

We lost 4-1. :glare:

The trains HADN'T improved on the way home, and had to do EXACTLY the same again on a Bladder for of Beer, not good , not good at all.

Except for that, haven't had to much bad luck with them. Touch Wood. *Touches wood*.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They're so bad, I generally miss ones that are going to catch the next First Crapital... and anyone who's ever experienced First Crapital will realise how bad that makes Southern.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
After the hell of commuting Brighton-London on a daily basis for a year I changed jobs and took a pay cut to be based in Brighton. I now have a ten minute cycle ride to work. Life's too short for the miserable, depressing hell that is train commuting long distances.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
...having said that I've got the utmost respect for anyone who can and does do it, I know I'm just not cut out for it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I use them to get to and from work every day and rarely have any issues with delays etc...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
i use southern most days to get to work. i think they're doing a pretty good job of things. trains i use are almost always on time, i can always get a seat, clean and comfortable, seems okay to me.

biggest issue i have is with the metro and the argus lite freebies littering the trains. its a bloomin mess!

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
I was quite happy with Southern until they changed the timetable and service in December.

Since then its all gone completely gash. The vast majority of trains i get to London are delayed in some way. Not as much on the way home, but its still a very poor service at the moment.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I use them on the Arun Valley route regularly (2 or 3 times a week). Rarely if ever are they late, the only thing they changed recently is making the trains "half" length until Horsham where they join up the Bognor and Portsmouth trains. This takes about ten minutes sitting at Horsham station, but the journey seems to take no longer. All in all I think they provide a good service on this line, shame it is so outrageously expensive.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I was quite happy with Southern until they changed the timetable and service in December.

Since then its all gone completely gash. The vast majority of trains i get to London are delayed in some way. Not as much on the way home, but its still a very poor service at the moment.

Agree with that. Since december the service has been dire. It's probably ok if you just go to to victoria, but if you need a connecting service forget it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

That new timetable is pants and it proves very difficult to recover the service after an incident.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here