Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much do you actually hate palace?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would say that I despise certain elements of Palace, the ones who think it's disgraceful that the Tax man had the temerity to ask for payment but I have the same opinion for other teams and I would say that both Leeds and Portsmouth are teams I dislike intensely. However they did it at least The South Coast Team paid the debts.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite a lot, but only in a pantomime sort of way.

Sorry, but after the Palace lad get stabbed to death in Hove Park all those years ago i can't bring myself to hate any other football fan. think i was about 15 and remeber seeing a scuffle in the park, to this day i have no idea if i actually witnessed it.
as said in many previous posts, i dislike then in a pantomime kind of way but can't bring myself to hate.

Sorry, but after the Palace lad get stabbed to death in Hove Park all those years ago i can't bring myself to hate any other football fan. think i was about 15 and remeber seeing a scuffle in the park, to this day i have no idea if i actually witnessed it.
as said in many previous posts, i dislike then in a pantomime kind of way but can't bring myself to hate.

just had my birthday and offical old git! but when did a palace lad get stabbed to death?

just had my birthday and offical old git! but when did a palace lad get stabbed to death?

in the eighties, too long ago to remeber exactly.

i'm 42 now so Old Git applies to me also.

must be something about it in Argus Archives.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
hate is a strong word, but i don't like our pikey rivals in the slightest. as a 40 year old bloke i should be able to not comment when i see one of those portable arse wipe things with an eagle on it (see what i mean), my 7 year old can't help but shout a loud "boooo" when he sees anything palarse so at least he is learning young and i'm doing my duty as a father :laugh:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Don’t dislike them at all and I was there in the 70 & 80’s where it was all going off.
Sorry but I really don’t get all the Palace hate thing.
Think it's just wanting to hate something or someone for the sake of it

Same here,
Like to see them lose, especially to us, but hate them? Nah, lifes too short.
I remember back in the 70's/80's standing on the East terrace at the Goldstone mixing with Palace fans and the same at Selhurst Park, no trouble, just plenty of banter, just as it should be.
You always had the idiots, on both sides, who wanted to knock lumps out of each other, but that was the 'vogue' back in those days.
Not everyone who went to a football match in the 70's/80's was full of hatred looking for a fight.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Same here,
I remember back in the 70's/80's standing on the East terrace at the Goldstone mixing with Palace fans and the same at Selhurst Park, no trouble, just plenty of banter, just as it should be.
You always had the idiots, on both sides, who wanted to knock lumps out of each other, but that was the 'vogue' back in those days.
Not everyone who went to a football match in the 70's/80's was full of hatred looking for a fight.

Totally agree. Put the nutters to one side and what have you left? Mainly people who live in south London and Surrey who support their local team. It would be so easy for them to get on the train to town and call themselves Arsenal supporters. But they don't. They follow an up-and-down football club with a record not totally different to ours. I still want to beat them but nowhere nearly as much as I want to knock the smile off the face of Sussex born and bred people with no London connections who claim to "support" Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and West Ham. I can excuse Fulham.

Same here,

even knocking lumps out of them, it was never a hate thing,more like a sport really:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here