Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much do you actually hate palace?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Don't give a shit about Palace to be honest. 90% of the hate is fake. Fact.

When you are older than you are now, you will hopefully be teaching your grandchildren to hate the grandmother-fiddling-six-toed-pikey-cockney-wannabe-sewer-rat-eating-cousin-felching-job-avoiding-bitty-loving-south-surrey-scum!

Alternatively you may have mellowed a bit!

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Couldn't give a toss about them one way or the other. They're just another football team in the world...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Personally I don't hate them at all.

Again it might be an age thing as at 28 I missed all the famous games. My brother supports them aswell so I used to watch a lot of them as a kid as we would generally watch the Albion one week then palace the next. I could never understand the hatred towards palace from Brighton fans as they never seemed to give a monkeys about us.

I absolutely loved it when we beat them in 2005 however as it gave the whole club and us as fans a massive lift and it had been a long time coming.

Having grown up surrounded by Southampton fans I save all of my hatred for them.

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
100% pure unrivaled hatred!!

Dislike a few others, but Palarse....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All those who say they don't care, come back and say that when we've played them for a couple of seasons. We need to be in the same division for the rivalry to properly ignite again but I have no doubt it will as long as they can stay up..

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Couldn't give a toss about them one way or the other. They're just another football team in the world...

Tell that to Gerry Ryan.

What I just don't get is this, how does anyone who supports the Albion have anything but a loathing for them? You really are strange people.

They're scum.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I dislike them because I am supposed to (a plastic hater if you may).

I dislike the G14 more or whatever they are called and the likes of Leeds and Portsmouth. Particularly the larger clubs of the Premier League whom have made a mockery of the game.

Actually, Portsmouth and Palace get on my goat as they have been artificially elevated (along with others) when they clearly couldn't afford to support themselves. Administration twice for both of them, no?

An age thing, I guess.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Hate them.

It's in the blood.

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
Palace fans remind of the kid you would chase around school but was always to quick to catch and then would hide behind the teacher and snigger at you. Absolute {UNTS, cut them all

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Loads of teams I can't stand and hate to see them win...

In order of can't stand them

Southampton (particularly..)
Franchise
Chelsea
Croydon Non Academical
Manchester United PLC
Reading Mall
Portsmouth
Spurs

So only number four for me.

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Ying to our Yang.

Oddly I quite admire their fans for not following one of the bigger London sides though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Due to the lack of games against them in recent years I'm indifferent to them put I do like the fact that they now very average and have a crap home whereas we are rapidly overtaking them.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
You only have to read their forum to witness the mentality of their fans and their primary school attitude to anyone who doesn't agree with them

yeah, because there's no-one like that on nsc, is there?

i 'hate' palace because they're palace and we're Brighton and we're supposed to hate them. i love it when they lose and hate the thought of losing to them but, at the end of the day, it's just a bit of a laugh really, isn't it? it's only football, after all. best to save real hatred for those who deserve it, surely? that doesn't include a rival foot ball team and its fans. and, for perspective, i am of an age where i've been to way more games at the Goldstone than at Withdean.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Don’t dislike them at all and I was there in the 70 & 80’s where it was all going off.
Sorry but I really don’t get all the Palace hate thing.
Think it's just wanting to hate something or someone for the sake of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here