Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many will we take to Stoke?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Its by no means AT ALL the cheapest method.
I guarantee you i've done every single game at a cheaper price than the coach costs, on the train. Plus the fact you can actually make a day out of it.

I can only assume you are able to get child prices, because most returns I find are £40+ at the very least.

I find the coach bareable whereas others don't, matter of opinion I guess! Plus stoke is a long old trek from the station which swayed it for me.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I can only assume you are able to get child prices, because most returns I find are £40+ at the very least.

I find the coach bareable whereas others don't, matter of opinion I guess! Plus stoke is a long old trek from the station which swayed it for me.

16-25 railcard, but barely use it to be honest, didnt use it at any of the below matches.

Believe Bournemouth was around £30 on the coach, it was £9 on the train with or without a railcard. Southampton was £8 or something, Orient £10ish, Watford £6. Those are the only ones i can remember the exact price, but its far far cheaper every time i've looked. Those are all standard adult fares, just using the groupsave method.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
16-25 railcard, but barely use it to be honest, didnt use it at any of the below matches.

Believe Bournemouth was around £30 on the coach, it was £9 on the train with or without a railcard. Southampton was £8 or something, Orient £10ish, Watford £6. Those are the only ones i can remember the exact price, but its far far cheaper every time i've looked. Those are all standard adult fares, just using the groupsave method.

Not all of us have enough friends to warrant using groupsave :sniff:

Have done several games by train, it all depends on price and how easy it is to get there!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Cheapest single from Euston to Stoke-On-Trent is £22.40, single the other way is £28.25 - or £57.70 for anytime off-peak return ticket.
Not cheap.

National Express and Megabus don't do that route (on that date, at least)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Cheapest single from Euston to Stoke-On-Trent is £22.40, single the other way is £28.25 - or £57.70 for anytime off-peak return ticket.
Not cheap.

National Express and Megabus don't do that route (on that date, at least)

No, not cheap, but then thats booking it up only 2 weeks in advance when most of the cheap seats have already been taken.
Mines £28 with a railcard all in.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
this is such a winnable tie cant understand the negativity surrounding it, we took 6k to villa last season for a 4th round tie, Stoke City have become a solid premireship team who play a certain way to stay in that division and it works for them but they are beatable ,yes its not the most glam tie we could of got, but this is the last 16 of the greatest cup competition on earth we have a superb away following for a league 1 club and i hope as the tie date gets nearer people will get a little more exited of the possibility of another result against a so called bigger club and purchase a ticket, i would say around the 3k mark but hope its more

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I'm going, albeit in the stoke ends with 2 others; we're getting some corporate freebies and making a w/e of it afterwards in s.cheshire where some very nice country pubs :)

Word of warning! About 10 of us with some Potters mates in the corporate at Stoke (Waddington Suite) for a Friday night game a few years back. We scored first, modest cheer went up which prompted a local to lamp one of my mates! Even in the corporate at Stoke, you have to keep it very low key!

Still, the neanderthel got banned and we got our own box for the second half!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

16 quid one way to Newcastle, if you plan ahead the train is the cheapest way to do it.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I don't have a railcard which means the prices for the train are stupidly high. I would get the coach and it is the simple option but they are all booked up.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I don't have a railcard which means the prices for the train are stupidly high. I would get the coach and it is the simple option but they are all booked up.

Buy a rail card before, the overall cost of rail card and train will probably be the same but then you will save in the future.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
It's not uneducated to want to pay the cheapest price for travel.

If the train companies weren't robbing you blind, I'm sure coaches would be near redundant!

I was only joking, but it's certainly not the cheapest way to travel. Well for 75% of the games anyway. £20 to get to f***ing Brentford?! :facepalm:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Buy a rail card before, the overall cost of rail card and train will probably be the same but then you will save in the future.

I got the 3 year railcard of the website, for £65. I got my money back in 3 games; Sunderland, Man Utd and Wigan away.

Simple. Now I've got it until July '13.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I was only joking, but it's certainly not the cheapest way to travel. Well for 75% of the games anyway. £20 to get to f***ing Brentford?! :facepalm:

Agreed. For the longer journeys like Carlisle it's probably better value. £20 does seem like a tad steep for London when I did Orient for £12 on the train midweek.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I suppose the thing is with the coach, you can't spend money on it. Where as if you travel by train you're constantly spending money (but IMO, having a better time) .

Each to their own I suppose.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Personaly I'm very dissapointed the club is not arranging any coaches to Stoke and think this will affect the numbers we take.

a) I think this reflects the lack of interest the club has in the 5th round and b) I think it will affect how many we take.

I'm sure others will confirm but the club haven't run coaches to away games for many years. Back in the bad old days, Bellotti and Co didn't pay the bills to the bus company so the supporters ended up without a coach. The supporters club then took over responsibility for booking coaches and have done ever since. I thought that where there is demand, the supporters club usually provide additional coaches (again, I'm sure one of them will be along to confirm).

What annoys me is that despite all that is good that is happening with the club (we're about to move into a new stadium and are also top of the league you know:ascarf:) some people will still find something to moan about.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
First time in the fifth round for 25 years, think I'll give it a miss and wait until I am 73 and the next time it comes round.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Its the 5th round of the FA cup against premiership opposition, if we win and you were one of those who decided it wasn't worth the trip then I hope that you enjoyed what ever else it is that was "better than a our biggest FA cup game for 25 years".

I believe we will take near enough all our allotted allocation.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Anyone see them on MOTD? Very physical yesterday, even more so than normal. Some of the Sunderland players, Craig Gordon especially, looked like rabbits in the headlights. I think Painter, El Abd and Bridcutt would have a taste for the physical challenge but I'm not sure how many others would be well suited to 90 minutes of wrestling at The Britannia.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
2.238 going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here