Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many to Cardiff ?

bluebirds

Aug 17, 2011
Trust me our new stadium is nothing like Ninian, you will see for youselves tonight. Its a shame in a way, i quite liked the intimidating atmosphere. but i can understand why the away fans wouldnt have. the new stadium is starting to feel like home now. but i think you will find there is hardly any trouble at all these days.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A noisy and boisterous following of 1,104.

:O:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Trust me our new stadium is nothing like Ninian, you will see for youselves tonight. Its a shame in a way, i quite liked the intimidating atmosphere. but i can understand why the away fans wouldnt have. the new stadium is starting to feel like home now. but i think you will find there is hardly any trouble at all these days.
Safe to wear colours then? am staying with mates in cardiff bay. What have they done with all of Sam Hammam's nutters?

bluebirds

Aug 17, 2011
I have sean loads wearing colours in the Canton area, Canton Cross Vaults is freindly. There are somepubs for away fans to avoid such as The Ninian Park, obviously if it was Brum, Leeds, Swansea then no dont wear colours, but i dont think there will be a problem with Brighton. I remember going to a pub near your old stadium that stated home fans only on the door, i thought id keep my head down and have a pint, i sat down and 3 guys came up to me and my mate and said where in wales are you from mate. lol fair play i stayed in there and the fans were a tidy bunch. even though they found me out lol

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To be fair we don't really have home fans only pubs here anymore, unlike most places. Anyway, I'm leaving shortly, hoping and expecting a good match.

bluebirds

Aug 17, 2011
Well there is an retail park opposite the stadium and its free but a max of 2 hours i think. i have used a few times. also there is canton rugby club that has a car park. you will need to get there hour and half early to get a space. and a away friendly pub also, mainly home fans like all the pubs. you will be fine though. i dont wear colours to away games as all clubs do have the odd idiot, but we see away shirts regular in canton before the games. Just not against local rivals and Leeds. who are generally hated in the area. not the rugby club is up the side street after the turn off to the stadium car park.

Also where Ninian park was is now new housing the area isnt as intimidating as it was in 2001, also this was when we had a chairman promoting violence within the fanbase. our holligan element did stand out during this time. the club has been family club of the year for 2 years now i think. anyway, i would appreciate it if you can give a view after the game, as to many fans. a repetation of our past still remains.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Any decent chip shops nearby ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cardiff will be fine, just dont be nobs, lovely city centre too. Went there recently for the england game and no trouble and that was England vs Wales (incidentally, only trouble was Swansea v Cardiff !) Sure everyone going will have a great day

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nothing dicent im afraid, there is a KFC, Mcdonalds, Subway on the stadium carpark. and an Asda, Costa Coffee and a number of burger vans scattered aound the area, opposite the stadium.

The legendary chip alley in town - chips and curry sauce and a dust up - it wouldn't be a night out in Cardiff without.

nickyh

Aug 17, 2011
The new stadium is very different to Ninian and has been designed to discourage trouble. The away section is fenced off from the rest of the stadium and has it's own compound. You'll be sat next to the family stand on one side and the Ninian Stand on one side. On the Family Stand you'll get 10 year old's giving you the finger if we score a goal - on the Ninian Stand side you'll probably get 18-20 year olds goading you.

As far as parking, I have never been in the Away section so I'm not sure, but I think there is limited parking within the stadium compound for away fans (again, this is unconfirmed). If you follow "away fan" directions from the M4 and A4232 you`ll find a space along Hadfield Road if in doubt.

Local chip shops - to be honest there are a few decent ones but you`re looking at a 15-20 minute walk from the stadium which may not be worth it.

In terms of pubs, most are friendly and welcoming. Someone said the Ninian Park was a no-go pub but I find even that one is friendly. In fact last season I found myself spending 3 hours drinking with a handful of Doncaster fans all in full colours before kick off.

Overall, we're not bad people. Safe journey. Sadly I hope you get tonked 4-0!! :guitar:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Leaving from Somerset at around 5.30pm. Hoping there'll be a thousand or so Albion there which would be exceptional on a midweek evening so far from home! For sure we will make some noise :D

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
The new stadium is very different to Ninian and has been designed to discourage trouble. The away section is fenced off from the rest of the stadium and has it's own compound. You'll be sat next to the family stand on one side and the Ninian Stand on one side. On the Family Stand you'll get 10 year old's giving you the finger if we score a goal - on the Ninian Stand side you'll probably get 18-20 year olds goading you.

As far as parking, I have never been in the Away section so I'm not sure, but I think there is limited parking within the stadium compound for away fans (again, this is unconfirmed). If you follow "away fan" directions from the M4 and A4232 you`ll find a space along Hadfield Road if in doubt.

Local chip shops - to be honest there are a few decent ones but you`re looking at a 15-20 minute walk from the stadium which may not be worth it.

In terms of pubs, most are friendly and welcoming. Someone said the Ninian Park was a no-go pub but I find even that one is friendly. In fact last season I found myself spending 3 hours drinking with a handful of Doncaster fans all in full colours before kick off.

Overall, we're not bad people. Safe journey. Sadly I hope you get tonked 4-0!! :guitar:

Good info. Looking at a draw though. :thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
900+ would be immense! :ascarf:

Already sold more than this.

Definitely over a thousand, if it is pay on the day I reckon we'll be pushing on for 1,300.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bristol city only took just over a thousand ? that seems very low for a localish derby , was that a official restricted away allocation for the game ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nothing dicent im afraid, there is a KFC, Mcdonalds, Subway on the stadium carpark. and an Asda, Costa Coffee and a number of burger vans scattered aound the area, opposite the stadium.

Ok thanks. On the way down now. Looks like subway for tea tonight then and another one to add on my subway tour of Britain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here