Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] How many seats will the Tories get ?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I’m hoping it’s very low. I get what you say about large majorities but the Tory party, for their own and everyone else’s benefit, really do need to reassess who and what they are and what they stand for…..being annihilated in this election will help this along.
A word of warning. Something very similar happened to the Canadian right some years ago. They got largely wiped out, partially as a result of an upstart far right party.

They ended up merging with the far-right party to form a new party that, I'm reliably informed by my Canadian friend, are looking at making major gains in their next election.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A word of warning. Something very similar happened to the Canadian right some years ago. They got largely wiped out, partially as a result of an upstart far right party.

They ended up merging with the far-right party to form a new party that, I'm reliably informed by my Canadian friend, are looking at making major gains in their next election.
There is a perception of Trudeau Jr being an incredibly soft touch. From the right’s perspective he has seriously pissed off global trading partners such as the US and India, and is more focused on frivolous domestic policies and giveaways than strengthening the economy.

It seems like every week there is another round of reparation payments made to indigenous people for real and perceived slights and historical injustices. We are talking hundreds of billions of dollars since he became PM.

He remains largely popular with liberal and young voters due to legalising cannabis; which led to decriminalisation of all drugs by several provinces - an experimental act which has been reversed in some cases due to massive increases in drug-related crime and enormous expense associated with managing the fentanyl crisis.

But his core support comes from female voters due to his feminist stance and good looks. A recent poll showed he is twice as popular with suburban women aged 40-70 than any other demographic.

When Harper’s conservatives were annihilated by Trudeau’s liberals in 2015, it was seen as a Blair moment. A young, charismatic progressive party with his own Blair’s Babes, against a stodgy and grey party of white old men.

Many ordinary Canadian people are fed up of being ignored over concerns with crime, immigration, a perception of lawlessness on the streets due to Trudeau’s drug laws and a struggling economy. Meanwhile, he’s seen as spending billions of frivolous personal causes which don’t benefit the average working Canadian.

He is going to get walloped by a right wing coalition in the next election and it’s going to all end rather bitterly.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’ve posted elsewhere that it seems that 20% of Britain will vote Conservative regardless of what the party say or do.

As such am not believing the “Tory wipeout” nonsense, as pleasant as it would be to put the riddled with venereal disease old whore down.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
There is a perception of Trudeau Jr being an incredibly soft touch. From the right’s perspective he has seriously pissed off global trading partners such as the US and India, and is more focused on frivolous domestic policies and giveaways than strengthening the economy.

It seems like every week there is another round of reparation payments made to indigenous people for real and perceived slights and historical injustices. We are talking hundreds of billions of dollars since he became PM.

He remains largely popular with liberal and young voters due to legalising cannabis; which led to decriminalisation of all drugs by several provinces - an experimental act which has been reversed in some cases due to massive increases in drug-related crime and enormous expense associated with managing the fentanyl crisis.

But his core support comes from female voters due to his feminist stance and good looks. A recent poll showed he is twice as popular with suburban women aged 40-70 than any other demographic.

When Harper’s conservatives were annihilated by Trudeau’s liberals in 2015, it was seen as a Blair moment. A young, charismatic progressive party with his own Blair’s Babes, against a stodgy and grey party of white old men.

Many ordinary Canadian people are fed up of being ignored over concerns with crime, immigration, a perception of lawlessness on the streets due to Trudeau’s drug laws and a struggling economy. Meanwhile, he’s seen as spending billions of frivolous personal causes which don’t benefit the average working Canadian.

He is going to get walloped by a right wing coalition in the next election and it’s going to all end rather bitterly.
Appreciate the insight. Canadian politics isn't really my bailiwick.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Was you pleased truss lost ? And in all fairness to you even the bbc had the tories at 154 seats during the night . It’s the collapse of the Tory vote in places like mid Sussex and Chichester unbelievable
Truss caused carnage in my job where I was working until midnight most days so yes I am pleased

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Did they throw a leaving party at number 10... ?

Oh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here