Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many season ticket holders won't bother to turn up?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you missed the point there! A lot of people would rather be drinking than watching a shit match.

Whereas fans who are not 1901ers won't do the same in the rest of the ground. It's the singling out of 1901ers that made me respond.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is there a renewal time ? I thought the purpose of the monthly instalments throughout the year was that there is no point where you say "shall I renew ?".

There must be a decision point that says... do I want a ticket for next season? I would expect that to be in April/May... after all, that it when the payments for the coming season are completed.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Whereas fans who are not 1901ers won't do the same in the rest of the ground. It's the singling out of 1901ers that made me respond.

Ah, sorry... I didn't mean to - I did say half the crowd. Just the 1901ers will have even better facilities and therefore more of an excuse.

If someone has to stand up and drink Harveys out of a plastic cup, surely they're less likely to stay in the concourse than someone who has it delivered to them on a silver platter, with no queuing, even if it's the same person.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its a fair question. There will be some but not that many I would think.

Even less if we are doing well. More if we are turning a bit, well, shit.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
People must be a lot better off than I thought if a significant number find a monthly DD payment for a season ticket negligible, and are buying season tickets for the odd match they may fancy watching. It is very important that the matches next season are entertaining and then hopefully people will be keen to renew for season 2012-2013.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Are the bars for non-1901ers going to be serving during the game? I though they close before kick off then re-open at half time and full time.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I have executive authority to buy a ticket on the grounds that it's spread over a twelvemonth and I'll hardly notice it.But I still won't be able to get to midweek games,and some of the Saturday's esp over bank holidays would be difficult.But I want to be sure of the first game in the league for the history of it,and will almost certainly stop after the first year.I just cannot drive that far even though my C1 is very economical.I rely on the trains,which means I can get to the Lord Nelson for 12.30,but if the connections are missed on the way home I sleep on a bench at Southampton Central (if i can get one !)

Course,I'd buy a lift from anybody travelling down from the Taunton area,or try to sell the ticket to a family member.I have no friends !

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Depends where I'm living, Lord B. If I'm still in London, I'll make most home games, but I won't be able to do all. But if I'm living elsewhere, perhaps up north, then who knows. Will go to as many as possible and pass ST on to whoever else I know locally who can go instead.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I know several fans who have bought tickets and won't be going to anything like all of the games. Less than half of matches, in two cases.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I know several fans who have bought tickets and won't be going to anything like all of the games. Less than half of matches, in two cases.

That sums me up

Probably make 1/3 games, but with baby on the way this June, I'm fine with that

As long as I get to the first game, and Palace at home, I'm not bothered by missing matches as there are enough people around to get rid of the tickets to

Our son and I both have season tickets currently and we have always bought them knowing that we might only make about 50% of matches. There are a number of STHs near us who similarly can't/don't attend every game - isn't this one reason why the Withdean home attendence rarely reaches capacity even though the game is "sold out"? Can't see why things will be any different next season; unlike Bozza and others, travel isn't a big issue for us (mine's a 60 mile round trip so approx 5 litres of diesel per game), we just have other interests and commitments.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I'll probably be attending less than half of the matches, due to other commitments. It's not because I can afford to do so, but rather a 'ah f*** it, may as well' attitude.

The lack of paper tickets to sell on is extremely annoying from my point of view, but what can you do?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm more concerned that half the crowd and particularly the 1901s will stay in the bars and restaurants for half the match. I know this happens at Leeds as they are able to watch the match on screens by the bars.

I'm more concerned about the prawn sandwiches and fine wines meaning an empty second tier of the West Stand for much of the second half. :nono:

<edit: posted before I saw Notters very similar comments above>

hence why the TV cameras, will be facing the East Stand

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'm buying a ticket for my 5 year old but he wont be able to go to all games, particuarly in the evenings. However the ridiculous policy of not making it easy to upgrade the seat to an adult means that unfortunately it will be left empty on occasion.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Our son and I both have season tickets currently and we have always bought them knowing that we might only make about 50% of matches. There are a number of STHs near us who similarly can't/don't attend every game - isn't this one reason why the Withdean home attendence rarely reaches capacity even though the game is "sold out"? Can't see why things will be any different next season; unlike Bozza and others, travel isn't a big issue for us (mine's a 60 mile round trip so approx 5 litres of diesel per game), we just have other interests and commitments.

Aren't you the chap that would rather leave his seat empty than donate his ticket to someone, though? Can't imagine most people take that view. I'd certainly rather give my ticket away than leave the seat empty, if there's a facility to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here