Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many season ticket holders won't bother to turn up?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Surely this won't be an issue unless you're in the Family Stand, in which case you could upgrade his and move both tickets to another part of the ground for a particular game.

We're not in the family stand, and my understanding is, that without a PSL, I wont be able to upgrade the seat so that an adult can take it when my son cant go.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
We're not in the family stand, and my understanding is, that without a PSL, I wont be able to upgrade the seat so that an adult can take it when my son cant go.

That's what we were told at the presentation, without a PSL you can only give the ticket to the same. I.e. a kids ticket to a kid or an OAP to an OAP, no upgrades etc would be done

That's what we were told at the presentation, without a PSL you can only give the ticket to the same. I.e. a kids ticket to a kid or an OAP to an OAP, no upgrades etc would be done

I thought, from my presentation, that was just in the family stand; and it seems that Paul Camillin believes that upgrades will be possible.
Upgrading U10 tickets for evening games

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think the biggest point here though is the worry over the ability to sell your ticket or pass it to someone.

At Withdean at the moment selling your ticket to someone if you're not going is easy but it's a lot more hassle to give your card to someone you don't know I suspect. That may mean more gaps.

Also people are buying season tickets who haven't before because they didn't need to. We've had very few sell outs the last few years. Whereas the view now seems to be to secure your seat get a season ticket. That in itself will mean quite a few won't use it for every game.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Surely if someone has bought a ticket and doesn't turn up then that is their prerogative. Can't understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist over it. A bit like I can't understand why people moan about people leaving early. arriving late or being too drunk to know which way is up. They've paid their money exactly like everyone else let them get on with it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am in a miniature pool of four that has three tickets, really. I'll be there most of the time and one other there all of the time. That leaves the other two to decide when they want to use the other seat and who gets it. Should work quite well, i think. If the third seat is free, i'd be able to sell the honour of sitting next to me for 2 hours, probably.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
No I don't, having done it dozens of time and never having a problem...

Then you're either mystic meg (can foresee future emergencies), v.rich (can afford couriers to drive hundreds of miles with ticket the day before), postman pat (e.g never had post delayed or go missing), have scores of people not already going to the game on permanent standby uncase something crops up and prevents u going...or are a bit thick for not understanding why sold old games still have empty seats. Ow plus you're amazingly organised to be able to immediately respond when any if the aforementioned scenarios and others is triggered. Sure you're not part of thunderbirds or any other rapid response units?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Then you're either mystic meg (can foresee future emergencies), v.rich (can afford couriers to drive hundreds of miles with ticket the day before), postman pat (e.g never had post delayed or go missing), have scores of people not already going to the game on permanent standby uncase something crops up and prevents u going...or are a bit thick for not understanding why sold old games still have empty seats. Ow plus you're amazingly organised to be able to immediately respond when any if the aforementioned scenarios and others is triggered. Sure you're not part of thunderbirds or any other rapid response units?
This. They're called friends.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Quite. What the f*** is he on about? ???

Phew, glad you agree with me, thought I was going mad. My parents can't come to the Plymouth game on Tuesday for example, I shall probably be giving their tickets to my girlfriend and another friend, or possibly a friend/spouse of one of the people we sit with.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I've had a ST for ten years and on the occasions I haven't been able to go I've given my ticket away to a mate.
This is probably easier to do for me living in BN1 than if I lived in, say, Portlock (wherever that is).

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
The issue is really about long distance supporters. We are much less likely to know (or have easy access to) Albion fan friends that will be up for going to a match with minimal notice.

I'm still undecided on getting a ST as I'd fall into the category this thread is about, but if I did I'd have to leave it with a friend at Sussex Uni or my seat is going to be empty on several occasions.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
So if I buy a season ticket for myself (adult) and one at a reduced price for my father (senior citizen) , and he cannot attend a match I cannot pass his ticket onto an adult friend ? How are the Albion going to know/check that my match day mate is not a senior ? Or has the Amex got retina checks in place? Does this mean I have to buy two adults season tickets just in case ?

So many questions :US:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
How are the Albion going to know/check that my match day mate is not a senior ? Or has the Amex got retina checks in place? Does this mean I have to buy two adults season tickets just in case ?

So many questions :US:

Colour coded lights on the entry gates. If your friend can pass for a senior in looks but is not quite there yet in age then there shouldn't be a problem, but if he is a young looking 50yo and the stewards are alert he can be challenged.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset

I was in a similar situation to a degree. I took the decision to buy two adult tickets; which whilst obviously more costly means that I can take an adult when my children are not attending on the other ticket (from my understanding, as this is unofficial hearsay ie NSC jungle drums).

I would personally have much preferred an upgrading system given the extra cost but decided I could justify the expense - I realise though that not everybody would be able to justify the financial committment, this is maybe a decision the club need to consider for the future!

My seats will hopefully be occupied by my rear-end in the main but if I am unable to attend (live in Dorset, other committments bla bla bla etc) I plan to donate them to my local relatives.

Feb 16, 2011
BRIGHTON ...
bit pointless buying a season ticket if you only go to 10-11 games
i will turm up every home game and i do my fair share of away days aswell

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Not much evidence of anyone's knickers being in a twist. Just a North Stand Chat chat.

What about.....

It's bloody annoying if the game is 'sold out', but there are empty seats. Does not make any sense in the slightest.

I'm more concerned that half the crowd and particularly the 1901s will stay in the bars and restaurants for half the match. I know this happens at Leeds as they are able to watch the match on screens by the bars.

Exactly... and in 11 years at Withdean my seat has never been empty.

so far it seems widely accepted... no expected that people will do this. i'm really rather surprised.

I don't care really and you lot shouldn't. Assuming the bar will be open then people have the choice whether to go full stop/watch from their seat/watch from the bar and the club still have their money either way.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
With regard to upgrading kids tickets, the club do appear to be making this up as they go along. The answer from insider appeared after I'd bought my tickets being 2 adults and 2 under tens in the family stand. There will be some Saturday's that m youngest can't go and evenings where neither can go. I asked when I bought my ticket and was told upgrades would be possible provided it wasn't a regular occurrence and there was still a reasonable mix. Insider's answer seems to be different.

For info, in our group of ten tickets we have 5 adults, 3 under 16 and 2 under 10 so even if we changes one or both of those two we would still have 3 kids and 7 adults.

I'm sure some of these on the face of it, slightly unworkable initial rules may soften when it comes to implementing them and they have to explain why they have gaps in the family stand when we play west ham on a school night next season and a 'sold out game ' actually has maybe 1000 gaps.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This. They're called friends.
hmm not so sure. I think more and more youre giving evidence your in the mr thicky group because youre really not getting the fact some of us live miles hundreds miles away where surprisingly there are less Albion fans chomping at the bit to snap up your season ticket in the event you can't go and had less than 48hrs notice... If u really can't get this then you really are dim. It's why we constantly sell out yet don't get 8000 crowds...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here