Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many season ticket holders won't bother to turn up?

DanielT

When I was buying my ST, I bought an extra ST for my dad, who is a senior, but paid for an adult, explaining that he is knocking on a bit (technical term) and may not make every game.

The lady dealing with my purchase said to get a senior ST and when I want to take someone else, just pay for an upgrade. She was quite insistent it would be ok and easy to do, and seemed confused when I paid the extra for an adult ST instead.

I didn't ask if there was an admin fee to do this, but she didn't offer the info either.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's an excellent question, and one good reason why the club needs to sort out a sensible ticketing exchange. If people decide next season that they are wasting their money on a season ticket because they can't get to enough games, then clearly sales will drop off come renewal time. In addition, what happens when existing season ticket holders want to bring along other people to a game? If possible, they should be able to move to seats where all of the party are sitting together.
I guess I am concerned that not enough is being done to ensure that movement around the ground is possible, and nothing is being done to ensure unused seats are taken. I hope this is a fuss over nothing, but right now I'm not sure.

Didnt they show this at the prsentation - a system they plan to sell / buy tickets on? It may have been my 1901 presentation thinking about it - a section where they can sell on there seats on the Albion site...

I'm sure they'll sort something - or just trust people to post it back. I've bought loads of tickets from NSC before and never once been let down etc

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What about.....

I don't care really and you lot shouldn't. Assuming the bar will be open then people have the choice whether to go full stop/watch from their seat/watch from the bar and the club still have their money either way.

I'm not getting my knickers in a twist and [pundit]at the end of the day[/pundit] it won't leave me sleep deprived, but it doesn't make sense.

The empty seat could end up enticing someone to come more often or spend some money in the club shop or, at the very least, provide a decent day out for someone. My plan s changed, last minute, so I was able to make the Hartlepool game, but we were sold out. There were plenty of empty seats that I could have occupied. I'm sure there were plenty of people that woke up on Satruday and fancied a game, but there were no tickets left, just some empty seats.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What about.....

I don't care really and you lot shouldn't. Assuming the bar will be open then people have the choice whether to go full stop/watch from their seat/watch from the bar and the club still have their money either way.

Do you really look on those as people getting their knickers in a twist ?

Blimey O Reilly. You really could be bothered to search that out.

Geo

Oct 18, 2010
Heathfield
My son and I each bought a 1901 east ST each and our plan is attend as many games as we can either together or on our own. We have decided that if either of us cannot make it then we will invite someone from our own circle of friends who is a Seagulls fan but not a STH along for the match. We would very much like to bring new support to the club as we know there are a lot of my friends out there that would like to come but dont necessairly have the opportunity to do so or would to commit at this stage to a ST. This way we think we can introduce new supporters to the club.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm not getting my knickers in a twist and [pundit]at the end of the day[/pundit] it won't leave me sleep deprived, but it doesn't make sense.

The empty seat could end up enticing someone to come more often or spend some money in the club shop or, at the very least, provide a decent day out for someone. My plan s changed, last minute, so I was able to make the Hartlepool game, but we were sold out. There were plenty of empty seats that I could have occupied. I'm sure there were plenty of people that woke up on Satruday and fancied a game, but there were no tickets left, just some empty seats.

Oh come on I'm sure if you'd REALLY wanted to go the Hartlepool you could have got a ticket.

If we do sell out at the Amex I'm sure the club can quite easily adopt a similar scheme to the one at Arsenal. Basically you tell the club you aren't going they de-activate your smart card then who ever buys it gets their card activated for the one game. You then get a kick back minus the admin fee for the cost of the ticket.

But it still relies on people being bothered to do it.

Do you really look on those as people getting their knickers in a twist ?

Well given that people are moaning about people not turning up to a ground that is not even built yet, yes I do!

Blimey O Reilly. You really could be bothered to search that out.

Or I could have just read the thread?? ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bearing in mind that some people are saying that thirty-something quid a month is peanuts to commit, is it likely that a good proportion of season ticket holders will turn out to be "no shows" at quite a lot of next season's games?

How will this affect the atmosphere?

Don't really care. If they can't be arsed to turn up, its unlikely they'd have created much of an atmosphere anyways.

Its like the January Join A Gym thing, whereby they're all gone by March but can't quite get round to cancelling their Direct Debit.

f*** 'em - and cheers for the cash! :salute:

termy46

Feb 26, 2010
Got my ST. Im going to every home game, plus some away, when possible.

Why pay for a season ticket in a BRAND NEW (top o'the range) stadium, and not go to all the games that you have paid/are paying for?! If you dont turn up at the home games, thats your choice. More for you for getting a ST! Cheers for the money!

(But, of course not every STH will be able to make every home game. Distance travelled to the Amex, work commitments etc)

termy46

Feb 26, 2010
Or you could just buy a ticket for the games you want to go to?!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Will buy two season tickets , will use them realistically for 50% of games.

If the paper ticket swap out system is simple may let other people use that when I can't go

i'll be doing one of three things with mine

A) using it for 'every' match

B) Using it for 'some' matches

or C) using it to scrape ice off my windscreen on a frosty morning

haven't decided yet, but as I pay for it, I won't be justifying it to anyone on here (if that's ok)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here