Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of NSC were attending matches in the REAL dark days?

Were you attending the Albion in the dark days?

• Yup I was there

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • Nope, not there

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters

Tubthumper said:
So, what you are suggesting is that due to the problems in the 90s we should never ever set our ambitions too high? We should feel extremely grateful whenever we finish above 91st in The Football League?

Or is there some time period after which we can move on from the Stanley/Archer era?

No, I think Icy Gull is merely suggesting we keep today's problems in some kind of perspective.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Virgo's Haircut said:
Yeah, I was there.

I worked for the club during it's early dark days.

I was working for the club during our dark days as well.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
B.M.F said:
I was working for the club during our dark days as well.

Ooooh, what was you role?

I was working for the Seagull Bingo side of things for Ray Woodford. At least I think that was his name.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I remember some of the most hideous matches in our more recent past.

The walkout against Hereford (I think), the boycott against Mansfield, getting stuffed at home by the likes of Lincoln, Chesterfield, and almost every other side who came to the Goldstone.

Some of the most pathetic displays witnessed by any sides that the Albion have ever put out!

Doesnt make getting whooped at home by Crewe any easier though :angry:

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
My first match was in 1955, but I'm probably not a true supporter as I never had the bottle to travel on the top deck of those double decker buses that transported us from Hove to Gillingham. :ohmy:

Yep.

And I remember people being very excited by the fact that we'd got one of Britain's richest men at the Club and Liam Brady as manager.

Hands up those who think that sort of solution is the answer we are looking for now?

Trish said:
My first match was in 1955, but I'm probably not a true supporter as I never had the bottle to travel on the top deck of those double decker buses that transported us from Hove to Gillingham. :ohmy:

Still remember the time when ours broke down on the way there. Certainly not the best way to travel.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
The year we finished second bottom to Doncaster I managed to get to every game, home and away, league and cup. Including the 5-0 Auto Windscreen defeat at Walsall. I also saw every game we ever played at Priestfield (except, I think, for a pre season friendly against Palace).

Nowadays though, I have been once to Withdean in the last 2 and a bit seasons, the Play off final and West Ham away.

I prefer dragging along the bottom!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Lord Bracknell said:
Yep.

And I remember people being very excited by the fact that we'd got one of Britain's richest men at the Club and Liam Brady as manager.

Hands up those who think that sort of solution is the answer we are looking for now?

:wave:

I would gladly take one of Britains richest 'men'. Unfortunately we had Britains richest wanker.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Virgo's Haircut said:
Ooooh, what was you role?

I was working for the Seagull Bingo side of things for Ray Woodford. At least I think that was his name.

Was a steward at the front of the North stand and also worked the main Scoreboard at SCCC.

Oct 25, 2003
yep- coincided with me just getting into football, so i didn't go THAT often

somehow my first couple of seasons watching football didn't put me off for life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here