Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of NSC were attending matches in the REAL dark days?

Were you attending the Albion in the dark days?

• Yup I was there

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • Nope, not there

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters

malcolm prescott

Jul 8, 2006
Preston village
season ticket last 17 years without a break until this one went yesterday first time this season "pants" however already looking forward to the next game I can get along to its in the blood

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
92/93 was my first season, i was 6

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Nope I haven't - but all the oldies I hang about with start every sentence "in the Goldstone Days" or "when we were at Gillingham" or "we've been worse"...

:lol: :blush:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
First game in 1979

Season ticket holder 1988-2000 2004-present

4 year gap due to having kids and being short of money

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
we go less now than we used to for a couple of reasons

Withdean is a craphole (although we do appreciate what it has done)

Its too expensive

We were regulars at The Goldstone since 78 and would go even if we dropped into the conference

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
Yep, 87 onwards.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Braders7 said:

Nothing to be sad about, it was only about 20 times worse than now but it did have a couple of amazing highs. Hereford being about the only one that I can remember. Orient at home was quite stressfull as well. The Gillingham years are best forgotten, consider yourself lucky not to have suffered those games :down:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Nope - had only just got into football, and was following Man U-sodding-nited, along with half of my school.

Saw my first game at Gillingham in 98 (Darlington won 4-0, Gabbiadini hat-trick) which i found hugely enjoyable, so Dad started taking me fairly regularly once we moved to Withdean.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:

Saw my first game at Gillingham in 98 (Darlington won 4-0, Gabbiadini hat-trick) which i found hugely enjoyable, so Dad

masochist :lol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Icy Gull said:
Nothing to be sad about, it was only about 20 times worse than now but it did have a couple of amazing high's. Hereford being about the only one that I can remember. Orient at home was quite stressfull as well. the Gillingham years are best forgotten, consider yourself lucky not to have suffered those games :down:

i did suffer them through radio though

during the Goldstone days i couldn't go because

a/ we couldn't afford it and b/ i couldn't go on my own (my mum and dad split and hes a Chelsea fan)

i would've been able to go on my own from the Gillingham years onwards but again couldn't afford it

so when we touched down at Withdean i was determined NOT to miss it - 99-06 Withdean years think i've missed about 5 games overall.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i was there

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Yep - I was there.

If those who weren't think things are that bad after yesterday's result, I hope the never have to experience the feeling of total despair I had at half-time on the terraces at Hereford when we were trailing 0-1, looking straight down the barrell of relegation to the Conference.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Lankyseagull said:
Yep - I was there.

If those who weren't think things are that bad after yesterday's result, I hope the never have to experience the feeling of total despair I had at half-time on the terraces at Hereford when we were trailing 0-1, looking straight down the barrell of relegation to the Conference.
nuff said :clap: :clap:

yes......twas the summer of 69 (or autumn)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here