Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People under estimate how difficult this league is though. Speak to your Derbys, Leicester's, Hulls, Ipswich, Palace etc. You competing with some massive clubs that have been in this league for years and been so close, so I don't get this expectancy to get straight up. Poyet is a young manager we have invested a lot of time in, and I still think he is the man to do it, but we also need to accept we don't have the spending power of most of the clubs in this league, to build instant success the way Poyet and co want it.

Maybe it is Bloom and Poyets fault for hyping things up so much, and we need to reset expectations ?

If you believe in Gus then you have to believe in what he says. And as Tooting points out he said the 2011/2012 slump would not happen this year. But it has. I'm starting to think Gus has reached his limit.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
OK guess I am ludicrous

Yes, if you genuinely think that was the 'worst performance ever', yes you are. I would go so far as to say you were a f***ing idiot in fact. Were we poor? Yes. Did Udinese play us off the park? Absolutely. Was it the worst performance ever? Not by a long shot. I'm only 25 and I wouldn't say that registers in the top 30 or 40 worst performances I've seen in my lifetime, let alone worst ever. Hence, ludicrous statement.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was in the East today. Whilst I didnt I certainly heard a few boos. And its longer and louder...Bloom and Barber would have noticed this. It wasnt directed at officials.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
anyone that shouts 'gus out' in ear shot of the man should really take a long look at themselves. he has given us some of the most amazing moments of the last 30 years and deserves much more time to sort out the current problems, not to mention a bit of respect. if only all those other teams would let us win.

People who will not see the obvious are the ones who should look at themselves - exactly what has Poyet given us that is more than Adams, Taylor or Mcgee, or even Coppell, when you consider the massive financial backing he has had, compared to them?

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
People who will not see the obvious are the ones who should look at themselves - exactly what has Poyet given us that is more than Adams, Taylor or Mcgee, or even Coppell, when you consider the massive financial backing he has had, compared to them?

the ability to play with a style and flair that will eventually allow us to compete with much better teams. All the managers above built teams based on gritty determination, scaring the beejesus out of the opposition, sticking together, grinding out results and, most of all, had a 30+ goal striker. as soon as they got anywhere near the championship - we went straight into a relegation fight.

yesterday was indeed poor - but the game was in the balance against a very good team in form, until a very unlucky deflection. i honestly believe we are close to being a top side in this division and ditching the manager is going to set us back.

Sure, we could get in 'name' like curbishley or howe etc. or we could take another flyer on an up and coming young manager. this may or may not work. but if we do that we can also enjoy watching gus get Leeds back into the prem and challenging with 2/3 seasons. blimey - in that scenario we would probably end up with warnock.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If we set up as cnuts at home then expect to be beaten.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A couple of decent signings and everything could turn round by the end of January. In football you have to accept a win some/lose some ethos, because we have had a few draws when we should have won, a standard spanking hurts more than it should.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Congratulations on 15,000 posts tony - you need to get a woman in your life

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yes, if you genuinely think that was the 'worst performance ever', yes you are. I would go so far as to say you were a f***ing idiot in fact. Were we poor? Yes. Did Udinese play us off the park? Absolutely. Was it the worst performance ever? Not by a long shot. I'm only 25 and I wouldn't say that registers in the top 30 or 40 worst performances I've seen in my lifetime, let alone worst ever. Hence, ludicrous statement.
Well said, the level of knee-jerk on here is astounding. Unfortunately you will soon be accused of living in the past, i.e. we should only look at the last three matches when deciding the worst match ever.

I thought we played ok yesterday, just ok. Udinese were fantastic.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
6 shots on target.

This is a typical post from you: just put something up very matter-of-factly but little or no commentary as to what you're trying to say.

As such, the only conclusion I can draw from your post is that you feel 6 shots on target illustrates some form of potency.

Shots on target can be a great illustration of 'lies, damned lies and statistics' since the very weakest shot that dribbles along the ground into the keeper's arms can be considered a shot on target.

How many of those 6 shots do you really think had a reasonable chance of actually being a goal?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm only 25 and I wouldn't say that registers in the top 30 or 40 worst performances I've seen in my lifetime, let alone worst ever. Hence, ludicrous statement.

Damn right. If that is the worst people have seen then they didn't give Withdean a go. Bristol Rovers, August 16th 2008 is the worst for me. My 21st for one thing, but also a dire performance in a miserable 1-1 draw and the first signs things weren't well umder Micky Adams mark II....

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
As far as I am concerned Poyet is now at the point of no return.

We are deficient in so many areas, he has wasted too much money, has dire tactics.

Time to go.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Why? You continue being deluded, take a good look at yourself you fool

My point is, if people start wanting Poyet out, who would be any better? We need to be patient with him if he is going to build something special here. Sir Alex Ferguson hardly had a great first few years with United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here