Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how long till the crowd turns on Poyet

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The thing that disappoints me is that Poyet should have good contacts and be bringing in decent players but it always appears to be knee jerk signings after promising to much at the start of each transfer window with the class of player he hopes to sign

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
anyone that shouts 'gus out' in ear shot of the man should really take a long look at themselves. he has given us some of the most amazing moments of the last 30 years and deserves much more time to sort out the current problems, not to mention a bit of respect. if only all those other teams would let us win.

No truly he hasn't

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
anyone that shouts 'gus out' in ear shot of the man should really take a long look at themselves. he has given us some of the most amazing moments of the last 30 years and deserves much more time to sort out the current problems, not to mention a bit of respect. if only all those other teams would let us win.

i agree he is our manager and our team, people have been playing the blame game for so long, first it was barnes, then cms, then some of the midfield, then dunk, and barnes again x10 now the manager. poyet is building something here, we have a long term project and were always far from favourites to go up. I dont know why people think 10th is terrible at least we are in contention and can hopefully turn it around in second half of the season. We have had tons of draws and perhaps if he tweaks things they can be wins but it is confidence needed, something not instilled by fickle fans. I mean how much stick Barnes gets and i think it has really effected him and all the team, i mean do you not think they can hear the jeers and sense the pessimism, or go on the argus or here and read the comments. If i was CMS i would leave just because of the lack of respect so many fans give him, same with Barnes. I find it sad to be a BHA fan somedays.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i agree he is our manager and our team, people have been playing the blame game for so long, first it was barnes, then cms, then some of the midfield, then dunk, and barnes again x10 now the manager. poyet is building something here, we have a long term project and were always far from favourites to go up. I dont know why people think 10th is terrible at least we are in contention and can hopefully turn it around in second half of the season. We have had tons of draws and perhaps if he tweaks things they can be wins but it is confidence needed, something not instilled by fickle fans. I mean how much stick Barnes gets and i think it has really effected him and all the team, i mean do you not think they can hear the jeers and sense the pessimism, or go on the argus or here and read the comments. If i was CMS i would leave just because of the lack of respect so many fans give him, same with Barnes. I find it sad to be a BHA fan somedays.

Trouble is we too many have fickle premiership idiot fans and not enough premiership players to take us up.

Without spending millions and millions it can and should be a slow process getting promoted.

Are we on course? Yes
Is there a way to go yet? Yes
Do we need some better players? Yes
Do we need more loyal and patient fans? Yes
Is NSC embarassing after a defeat? Yes

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lots off very pissed off people around me today and lots of boos at the end.The first time I have heard boos at the amex,

Think if we lose to Ipswich and play shit and then do the same v Newcastle then the first Poyet out shouts will be heard

Worst performance ever ( And we've lost 2 our of 3 v Palace) Cant beleive Gus served up susch shit tonight.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
We are well on the way to the Premier League and I believe that is largely down to Poyet. However, I have and do not judge other people that boo Poyet's decisions. For me, and I presume many others, it doesn't mean you want him to leave or be sacked. It is however, venting your criticism as to the situation that is occurring. I can see what Gus is trying to achieve with the players, positionaly and also with his own ethos, but it is clear it isn't working at the moment. I don't think there is any other manager that is available that could do a better job than Poyet; he just has to spend wisely in January

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I won't turn on Poyet, I'll walk out with dignity before the end, as I did today.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Worst performance ever ( And we've lost 2 our of 3 v Palace) Cant beleive Gus served up susch shit tonight.

Worst performance ever ? Laughable. Not even worse performance under Gus... And who cares about Palace.... Seasons bigger than 2 games

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Worst performance ever ? Laughable. Not even worse performance under Gus... And who cares about Palace.... Seasons bigger than 2 games

Enjoy your laughing. Can't believe Gus served up such shit tonight :=(

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Maybe you don't, but lots of fans DO care about the games against Palace. Whether you like it or not, they carry extra significance, and are not just about the points. Agree with you about last night though, we were just averagely poor, while Watford were pretty decent.

As far as Poyet goes, I think people are entitled to be a bit frustrated and disappointed this season. I am reminded of an answer he gave after we went top by winning at Millwall in September. Poyet was asked directly whether he thought the same thing might happen as last season, when we badly tailed away. He said no. Asked 'why not?' he said that we now had better players, a stronger squad, and a precious year's experience of the Championship.

Well, it has happened again (three wins in 17 games since that day). And we are not seeing the benefit of those things (all of which I agree with) - so you have to ask why not. System/players/coaching/tactics? Something isn't working, and even Poyet himself was not expecting this slump so let's not have all the 'remember Hereford/Gillingham' bollocks, we have moved on and are a different club now with different expectations.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe you don't, but lots of fans DO care about the games against Palace. Whether you like it or not, they carry extra significance, and are not just about the points. Agree with you about last night though, we were just averagely poor, while Watford were pretty decent.

As far as Poyet goes, I think people are entitled to be a bit frustrated and disappointed this season. I am reminded of an answer he gave after we went top by winning at Millwall in September. Poyet was asked directly whether he thought the same thing might happen as last season, when we badly tailed away. He said no. Asked 'why not?' he said that we now had better players, a stronger squad, and a precious year's experience of the Championship.

Well, it has happened again (three wins in 17 games since that day). And we are not seeing the benefit of those things (all of which I agree with) - so you have to ask why not. System/players/coaching/tactics? Something isn't working, and even Poyet himself was not expecting this slump so let's not have all the 'remember Hereford/Gillingham' bollocks, we have moved on and are a different club now with different expectations.

People under estimate how difficult this league is though. Speak to your Derbys, Leicester's, Hulls, Ipswich, Palace etc. You competing with some massive clubs that have been in this league for years and been so close, so I don't get this expectancy to get straight up. Poyet is a young manager we have invested a lot of time in, and I still think he is the man to do it, but we also need to accept we don't have the spending power of most of the clubs in this league, to build instant success the way Poyet and co want it.

Maybe it is Bloom and Poyets fault for hyping things up so much, and we need to reset expectations ?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I think the main problem is more to do with the way that we are playing rather than the results, poyets a one trick pony and its not good enough!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Enjoy your laughing. Can't believe Gus served up such shit tonight :=(

Are the players blameless ? 2 of their goals were us standing off the players, do we really think that is Gus fault or poor choice making?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sorry mate, guess we disagree :=(

Until today i thought Gus could deliver a great team with prospects to improve.

Sadly I've never seen such a shower of shit.

f*** off Gus

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I won't turn on Poyet, I'll walk out with dignity before the end, as I did today.

That is a quality, take-the-moral-high-ground way of saying 'I'll beat the rush and get my train'...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What a f***ing ludicrous statement. We were poor and watford outplayed us, but them away last season (off the top of my head, ley alone others in past years) made today's performance look like barcelona.

OK guess I am ludicrous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here