Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long is your working day?

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
5 week shift cycle, first 3 weeks are 14 x 12 hours shifts, half days, half nights, then 2 weeks off. Down side is the 2 weeks off includes everything, holidays, public holidays and it means a lot of weekend work, christmass etc, but bloody good never the less. Dont like the nights much but i would never want to go back to 9 - 5 mon to fri.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Day shifts 9am till 7/8pm ish, night shifts 5pm till 1,2 or 3am depending on day of week. Work in a rotation with enver more than 4 days on but in one stretch I do 8 out of 9. No real break as I just tend to be on the go all day. Have a break for lunch whenever I can fit it in, joys of being in the restaurant bis is I can take 5-10 whenever I want as can make food downstairs!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It varies from contract to contract, currently it's 9:30 to 17:30 with about 90 minutes travelling to and from.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
4 days a week. Two 3.5 hour days with a 15 minute break. Two 9 hour days with a 15 min break, 2hr 15 min lunch and a then a half hr break.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
No days off or breaks as such as being my mrs carer is 24/7 365 days a year. I get "cover" from mother in law to go to the Albion but that's about it. Having said that when mrs has a good day all I really do is the household stuff.

Same as , know how you feel fella ! Some days a lot better than others

D

Deleted User X18H

London 6:30am to about 7pm Brighton 11am or noon to about 6:30 or 7pm

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I average 12 hour days, every day for 3 months solid, no day off.

Then I have 3 months off!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Coach driver so varied start and finish times. Approx 55 hours spread over 7 days! I never really know where I will be this time next week. Could be Spain, Italy, London or Falmer!

I enjoy it but I do not get many opportunities to see the boys play.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I leave the house at 7.15am and get home about 6.45pm depending on trains and when I leave work. My lunch break is usually walking to the shop and back, which is 15 minutes, and then I eat while I work

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I leave home at about 7:15, start work at 8 and finish at 5:30, then am back home by about 6:30.

Oh, and I usually take an hour for lunch.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I work flexi time so can work anytime from 8am to 6pm, with up to two hours for lunch. In general I work 37.5 hours a week and can work it in any formation that I want (within reason) I always take a lunch break, although, in general it is usually only 30 mins. I can take two flexi days off per month if I have worked enough hours.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Work from home so generally do a 9- 5:30pm day but can be flexible - try to take a lunch break or walk the dog or both so quite lucky really ... ;o)

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Leave home about 7.30, get to the office in Worthing around 8.00, normally work through lunch (just grab a sandwich), get home around 6.30. Except Fridays, when I only work until about 12.30. Lovely start to the weekend!

And I spend far too much time on NSC!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here