Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long is your working day?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
leave home at 7:45, i get 10 jobs....once they're done i go home.
lunch is 'as and when' and is usually a sarnie while driving between jobs

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
These threads amuse me because you just get a sense that people are trying to out-do one another! Sure lots have important jobs etc if your working silly o clock til bed time then are you actually enjoying life? We work waaay to hard in this country

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Rather naively, I turned in my office job to become a writer and expected to be able to produce some decent stuff. My work patterns were similar to yours. Coupled with the tiredness of digging and/or lugging round bricks and sand all day.

If you want to become a writer. Do not take up building to pay the bills!

have often thought about writing, looked into phtography a few years back, spoke to my neighbour/photographer about it, his advice was get into the building trade!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
These threads amuse me because you just get a sense that people are trying to out-do one another! Sure lots have important jobs etc if your working silly o clock til bed time then are you actually enjoying life? We work waaay to hard in this country

totally agree. certainly don't do this through choice! worked in australia for 4 years, totally different work/life outlook, so much more chilled, work is purely only something you have to do inbetween all the good times of having fun!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I work a number of different shifts, 8, 10 or 12 hours, including bank holiday and weekends etc. Averages out at a 40 hour week though, and we get 1 hour breaks for 8-hour shifts, 1h 15 for 10-hour and 1h30 for 12 hours, so I think I'm quite fortunate compared to a lot of other posters in this thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As a nation, we really do have this work/play balance thing all wrong don't we? Especially short luches stuffing a sandwich in your gob or worse still working through your lunch :(

A folk are happy to stick an hour plus squeezed into a train carriage either side of the working day.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Typically 8:30 to 17:00 with a full hour for lunch.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Work hard, play hard. That's my motto. :rave:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Volunteer 1pm to 5pm at Albion in the Community shop. :D

So it's you who had the bright idea of putting a Southampton shirt in the shop display?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
This thread has made me realise how good I have it with my job. The pay is pretty shit but it's a very sociable environment with an hour and half worth of breaks every day.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Luckily 8.30ish til 5 normally.

But a B&HCC refuse collector in our road, works a 7 til 1.10 (leaving and getting home times). Didn't think there were full time jobs with such short hours! Fortunately short hours I suppose.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So it's you who had the bright idea of putting a Southampton shirt in the shop display?

I heard someone was being mischievous as it had a cheap price tag. True?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
totally agree. certainly don't do this through choice! worked in australia for 4 years, totally different work/life outlook, so much more chilled, work is purely only something you have to do inbetween all the good times of having fun!

Most I know leave work as soon as they can, normally a mass exodus from their work loactions. And adore life away from work.
2 exceptions:
- money obsessed wealthy businessman, who occupies his desk long hours, but ain't happy (in contrast to the Australian scenario mentioned).
- teachers seem to work v late at schools these days, in contrast to school in the 1970/1980's when almost away from the school as quick as the kids!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here