Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before we are bigger than Palace again?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Before lording it over our rivals from Sarf London we need to be competing against them in the same division. Only after a few seasons in the Championship can we boast again that we are bigger than Palace.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Place boys on the backfoot.I smell worry and depression.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Place boys on the backfoot.I smell worry and depression.

Worf_notagain.gif

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Come on admit the downward spiral into oblivion beckons

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What else would be found in a Croydon swimming pool?

You can't argue with that. Case for the prosecution dismissed.

Freedman87

May 19, 2009
What have you WON in the past 20 years then?

3rd in top flight

FA Cup Final runners up

FA Cup semi finalists

League Cup Semi Finalists 3 times

3 x Play Off Final wins

1 x Division 1 (Championship) title

ZDS Cup

And always in the top 2 divisions.

Tell me if I have forgotton something

:rave:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
3rd in top flight

FA Cup Final runners up

FA Cup semi finalists

3 x Play Off Final wins

ZDS Cup

Yes mate a major trophy like the Charity Shield, being crowned Champions of England, and as betweeen us, being the first to the FA Cup final (and not beating the likes of Cambridge on the way when we got there).

Palace? They are and always have been a small fry nothing club tat get a few to turn up to games now and again. Nobody in london can be bothered with them, even the Hestons (charlton) call them Nigels, Millwall hate the peter beale's, and so the palace latched onto us. They are a small town croydon club on the edge of good old london Town and to be fair "london by sea" needs a bigger more interesting rival. Even their finest hour when they beat us 5-0 was amusing, 6/7000 of us and no palace in sight all over thornton heath that day, and that is recent years never mind the Sydney Street / croydon town center years. In return.. well the trains were not running so they couldn't turn up.

We need a proper rival, I reckon we should do a charlton and advertise. After all its embarrassing to have palace even thinking they are worthy of us as a rival. Lets call time and serve them with notice of the end of the rivalry

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
3rd in top flight

FA Cup Final runners up

FA Cup semi finalists

3 x Play Off Final wins

ZDS Cup

Yeah.
We've also been FA Cup Runners up and semi-final winners too

We've won a play-off

The Charity Shield surely out-trumps a ZDS Trophy

You've not been hampered with losing your fanbase and your ground and having sod all money as we have. You could say that in the last 10 years for us to have remained in the Championship for more than one year was us overchieving considering the off-field shenanigans.

That you have more often than not been in the second division (as you are now).

Everything else is now a fading memory

You don't own your ground

It's gonna need a major overhaul very soon

You have a chairman that appears to be bored with football in general and specifically with being a Palace chairman

Your chairman has said that he has little faith in the youth system protecting his players after the Bostock fiasco and has questioned its worth

You are unlikely to have a chairman now or in the future who is willing to underwrite (interest free) the future of the club

Your most famous fan is/was a racist gobby nob who got his arse kicked by Cantona. Or is it Jo Brand...or Neil Morrissey? So many big names. Ours is Fat Boy Slim and the ultimate smooth smooth operator, Des Lynam.

And you have to visit Croydon to see your team. We get to go to the UK's most bohemian, trendy, avant-garde City in Britain.

Tell me if I have forgotten something

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Yeah.
We've also been FA Cup Runners up and semi-final winners too

We've won a play-off

The Charity Shield surely out-trumps a ZDS Trophy

You've not been hampered with losing your fanbase and your ground and having sod all money as we have. You could say that in the last 10 years for us to have remained in the Championship for more than one year was us overchieving considering the off-field shenanigans.

That you have more often than not been in the second division (as you are now).

Everything else is now a fading memory

You don't own your ground

It's gonna need a major overhaul very soon

You have a chairman that appears to be bored with football in general and specifically with being a Palace chairman

Your chairman has said that he has little faith in the youth system protecting his players after the Bostock fiasco and has questioned its worth

You are unlikely to have a chairman now or in the future who is willing to underwrite (interest free) the future of the club

Your most famous fan is/was a racist gobby nob who got his arse kicked by Cantona. Or is it Jo Brand...or Neil Morrissey? So many big names. Ours is Fat Boy Slim and the ultimate smooth smooth operator, Des Lynam.

And you have to visit Croydon to see your team. We get to go to the UK's most bohemian, trendy, avant-garde City in Britain.

Tell me if I have forgotten something

The fact that the unfunny one of the 2 ronnies suppoets them about sums them up. We need a new rival.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Yes mate a major trophy like the Charity Shield, being crowned Champions of England, and as betweeen us, being the first to the FA Cup final (and not beating the likes of Cambridge on the way when we got there).

Palace? They are and always have been a small fry nothing club tat get a few to turn up to games now and again. Nobody in london can be bothered with them, even the Hestons (charlton) call them Nigels, Millwall hate the peter beale's, and so the palace latched onto us. They are a small town croydon club on the edge of good old london Town and to be fair "london by sea" needs a bigger more interesting rival. Even their finest hour when they beat us 5-0 was amusing, 6/7000 of us and no palace in sight all over thornton heath that day, and that is recent years never mind the Sydney Street / croydon town center years. In return.. well the trains were not running so they couldn't turn up.

We need a proper rival, I reckon we should do a charlton and advertise. After all its embarrassing to have palace even thinking they are worthy of us as a rival. Lets call time and serve them with notice of the end of the rivalry

:lolol: The funniest post i have ever read on here and trust me you have had some severe competition! Love it mate it must be great in your world!

Thank you, thank you , thank you :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
Jamie, are you actually a Palace fan who's come onto this site with the aim of posting the most ridiculous stuff in an effort to make Brightoners look even more retarded? If not, my opinion of you lot has sunk further than I could ever have imagined possible.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jamie, are you actually a Palace fan who's come onto this site with the aim of posting the most ridiculous stuff in an effort to make Brightoners look even more retarded? If not, my opinion of you lot has sunk further than I could ever have imagined possible.

Did you register just to be able to post that? You're not wrong either ( which I can't have said to many Palace fans):clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here