Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How LARGE will Cameron's failure be ?

General Election predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Should be a landslide but somehow they appear to be trying their best to throw it away. Can see a Tory win but missing out on the majority.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Paul Daniels, Phil Collins and Jim Davidson. Sadly not a single one of these morons carried out their promise of leaving the country if Labour got in, and neither would Gareth.

Tories will be the biggest party, but 5 to 10 short of an overall majority. It's time for the LibDems to step up to the plate.

Does this make me a moron :shrug:, honestly there is nothing left for me in the UK for personal and business reasons and would leave the country without a second thought.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What exactly do you think (Call me Dave) Cameron is going to do that will inspire hope and ambition then?

reward people who are prepared to work hard and look after themselves

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does this make me a moron :shrug:, honestly there is nothing left for me in the UK for personal and business reasons and would leave the country without a second thought.
I didn't say that you were a moron. However, I guess I'd think you were acting like a moron if Labour got in and you didn't leave.

To be honest, I'm more interested in hearing what you think Cameron will do to inspire hope and ambition in you. Because personally, I think he'll just pull up the drawbridge, dither on critical issues and prove to be totally inept.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
reward people who are prepared to work hard and look after themselves
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You wait - it'll be back to sharing text books in classes and crap underfunded hospitals. What won't happen is that unemployment benefit spending will be slashed. Mind you, that'll be because unemployment will rise under the Tories.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville

then f*** off. rather have people here who care about society rather than themselves.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
lets just agree to differ Simster. You vote Labour if you want no worries. Can't be bothered to fight about it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
then f*** off. rather have people here who care about society rather than themselves.

is there any need for that ?. where did I say I did not care about society and just cared about myself ?. I need to vote this time for the best option for me however and I am sorry if that offends you.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
anyway stop the press , " perfectly reasonable comments and not offensive to anyone results in being told to f*** off shocker ".

And for that reason

I'm out.

:bigwave:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
anyway stop the press , " perfectly reasonable comments and not offensive to anyone results in being told to f*** off shocker ".

And for that reason

I'm out.

Perfectly reasonable? It reads to me like "if I don't get my way, then I'm taking my ball and going home".

This is not a choice available to a lot of people in this country, so I can see why people might say "f*** off" in anger.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
is there any need for that ?. where did I say I did not care about society and just cared about myself ?. I need to vote this time for the best option for me however and I am sorry if that offends you.

nice. i was worried i might have to reply, but your self-contradiction will do nicely.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The fact that the Tories aren't already out of sight shows clearly that people are not sure about Cameron, and he is as much a liability as an asset. With the combination of disillusionment with Labour, the handling of the economy and recession, and a natural inclination for change after years of one party, it shouldn't even be a contest. But 'Dave' is making it one.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I just think this national service is a MASSIVE own goal... it does smack a little bit too much of back door military service which is absolutely never going to win votes in the UK. secondly, it seems very half-way housish and thirdly it is patently not going to make a blind bit of difference. The kids it is targetting are highly unlikely to be affected by two months of voluntary social service. The only good thing about this announcement for the tories is they got it out early so that it doesn't do too much damage when the time comes to vote... then again it gives the other parties longer to shoot it down.

If it was 2-0 to Cameron it's now 2-1

And Micheal Caine???? :facepalm:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The fact that the Tories aren't already out of sight shows clearly that people are not sure about Cameron, and he is as much a liability as an asset. With the combination of disillusionment with Labour, the handling of the economy and recession, and a natural inclination for change after years of one party, it shouldn't even be a contest. But 'Dave' is making it one.

Take that statement one stage further - is there anyone in the current shadow cabinet who would, as leader, ensure a Tory landslide?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Turkey's nice.... and there are alot of like minded English ex-pats out here... and there are jobs in the property market for you.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Talking to a lad who works for me, 28, married 2 kids, works hard lives in rented accomodation but wants to get on the property ladder.

He fully admitted that he's never really thought about the whole political thing until now, he was at school when President Blair swept to power.

But with a young family he said his priorities were; education, the NHS, law and order and future employment prospects for his two boys.

Throw in worries over immigration and that's probably the whole crux of the election but will any of them address these issues head on?

Are we up for yet more empty promises or is this the election that will change UK politics forever?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

And for that reason

I'm out.

No, you're out because you were asked a challenging question by Simster. Although if you are so sure about your voting intentions, it shouldn't actually be challenging, but you do like the easy way out.

And in this context it wasn't a particularly rude 'f*** off'. You said you would be outta here, so it was a strongly worded instruction do do just that.

Do you have (m)any ties here US? If not, why not try another life somewhere else in the world - what have you got to lose? (Although I thought your dream was to live in the Lake District which is still very much part of the UK I believe.)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, you're out because you were asked a challenging question by Simster. Although if you are so sure about your voting intentions, it shouldn't actually be challenging, but you do like the easy way out.

And in this context it wasn't a particularly rude 'f*** off'. You said you would be outta here, so it was a strongly worded instruction do do just that.

Do you have (m)any ties here US? If not, why not try another life somewhere else in the world - what have you got to lose? (Although I thought your dream was to live in the Lake District which is still very much part of the UK I believe.)

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here