Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How interested are you in the Olympics

How interested are you in the Olympics

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tics for Athletics, rowing, canoeing and football, a 10 for me. Bring it on, the only low light is no footy at the Amex..

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Cant wait.
Large group of us from work going up for England match on 29th.
Looking forward to opening ceremony because it has the courage to be different and certainly not the usual mainstream shit.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I think its gonna be great and I hope it plays some small part in getting this country up off its arse and believing in itself again.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
9 - Really cannot wait, despite all the doom and gloom form the pessimistic media. It will be great to see British talent on our doorstep for the first time in 64 years. I watched a lot of the Athens and Beijing Games; this time round, I'll be going to see the sailing and hopefully one of the free events like the marathon or cycling road race. Sure there may be cock-ups and embarrassments, but then the same can be said for every other Olympiad to date. Nothing to be ashamed of.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Saturday 4th August is the day when most gold medals are decided- 25. Going to be in front of the t v throughout for this.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Unfortunately,there is no vote for utterly disgusted that London has got most of it.Wasted opportunity to spread it round Great Britain,although marketed as Team GB.Edinburgh and Manchester have hosted games with great style and panache,not Olympics granted,but spreading the load would have limited the security and transport chaos,and spread the infrastructure benefits.Everybody could still watch on tv.

AgerBomb22

Jun 2, 2011
Chi Town/Burgess Hill
Got my Brother coming over from the States during the period and got tickets for acsess to the olympic park on his request. looking forward to socking up the olympic atmosphere!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Really looking forward to it – going to football at Wembley on the 29th and volleyball at Earls Court on the 31st. May also go to a day at the Paralympics.

Also have two weeks off so can watch loads on the box as well :)

If you love sport, the Olympics has loads to choose from - and Team GB looks well placed for plenty of medals. Can't really understand all the indifference TBH

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not really interested. General impression is Beckham not picked for footie by jealous Pearce, wrestlers are plastic Brits, Taikwondo guy left out by spiteful selectors, Discus girl left out by spiteful selectors, big business and MPs grabbing the best tickets, genuine fans struggling to get them, torch bearers being foreign celebs like that Will I am or staff of sponsors co's, torches for sale on eBay, and now I can't get in to work till late cause of the torch runners tomorrow!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
1 / 10

I really would like to be able to get into it as it's another sport outside of football season. However, in London, one of the grimmest cities in the world, people running in circles, jumping into sand pits, reverse limbo-ing and throwing spears doesn't do it for me I'm afraid.
Waiting for Brazil 2014!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i would say i kind of look forward to it, i like channel flicking and then settling to watch some random sport i havent really followed before and end up loving...volleyball is the most recent!!

then 2 days ago my mate got me a ticket to a Friday night session at the Olympic stadium and i am now completely buzzing for it.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
It's the ULTIMATE demonstration of sporting excellence.
Not quite. Look at the selection drama in triathlon. GB has 12 of the top 100 in the world championship but only three are allowed at the Olympics and we did not even pick our best three.
And as for the "Olymic family" circus that surrounds it - and the "offical partners", well...

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Got tickets to the womens volleyball final, as a pressie for my 40th, also been offered a ticket for sat 4th aug face value as a 40th bday pressie! (v lucky..)

I'm also doing a steeplechase on the track on weds 1st August, as part of their last test before the athletics starts. I run for a club in London and the organisers have asked for some athletes to do some events. Better up the training!!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Having just watched the Usain Bolt thing tonight, I just can't wait to see him in action. Hope he pulls it off & wins the 100 & 200. Legend & top man.

I love the Olympics by the way!

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
If the tickets had been sold properly I would of been a lot more interested. Selecting events then having no control of over which ones are purchased? Madness......

Even a few days ago I got an email saying more are avaliable, went on the website an hour after I had got that email. No 3 seats together for any event. Took me over an hour and a half to find that out because the website is utter shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here