How interested are you in the Olympics

How interested are you in the Olympics

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
10 for me as well.

I remember 7 years ago when it London won the games, and I was bloody delighted - and I still am.

The Olympics taking place in my home Country will only happen once in my lifetime, and now I just want the whole thing to get going.

In what way is it actually different in any way to it being in any other country, in terms of your own day to day experience?

It'll be exactly the same, just with added TRAFFIC and CLARE BALDING. That's a bad thing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But why are you not going? Too much hassle getting a ticket? No interest in anything?

My personal take is that I can live with gridlock at the Amex after a football match but there is not a single Olympic event that I'd be willing to play sardines in london traffic or on rail or bus services to watch. Even if I had a ticket.

Other than that I agree watching on TV will make it just like any other Olympics.

I considered getting an Olympic Football ticket, but couldn't quite be bothered.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'll watch the Track & Field and some swimming maybe, will try and catch the weightlifting.

I do love the Gymnastics though, have done since Barcelona 92 where as a 17 year old I used to return home late in the evening and caught the highlights whilst being under the influence of a certain South American plant, .......Acapulco Gold If I recall correctly.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
10. Absolutely LOVE the Olympics wherever they are, and had some very, very late nights when they were in Beijing. Now they're in London it's even better.

Yes, I might have to walk for half an hour to work from the station rather than jump on the tube for a few stops... but I really couldn't care less, even in the rain.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There will be bits I'll probably enjoy. Just glad I don't live or work in London. Have relatives in Greenwich whose world is turned upside down by the restrictions that have been put in for the next couple of months. Will be giving the capital a swerve until it's all over.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
3 or 4 - Would generally watch some of the Olympics, but certainly not watch all of it religiously just for the sake of it. We will actually be on holiday for the first part of it anyway.

But all the fuss there has been about it, whether it is about the torch or about the security or just about how excited we all ought to be i find a massive turn off. I am looking forward to a news bulleting which doesn't mention the Olympics once.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
There will be bits I'll probably enjoy. Just glad I don't live or work in London. Have relatives in Greenwich whose world is turned upside down by the restrictions that have been put in for the next couple of months. Will be giving the capital a swerve until it's all over.

How come two months of restrictions (what type of restrictions) for a 19 day event of which part will be in Greenwich, just curious like.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Out of interest, have you ever been to an athletics meeting before?

Yes, yes I have.

I live about 25 minutes away from Alexander Stadium in Brum (well, Perry Barr). Lots of top class action, and tickets are usually pretty damn cheap.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Probably somewhere between 4 & 5 maybe? If GB start winning a few medals I may take more notice. I find the whole BIG corporate sponsorship thing & the idea that going into London, could (?) be a total nightmare, a turnoff for me.

My biggest fear is these games could turn into a National embarrassment if the transport infrastructure falls apart. As my line of business involves regular visits to the East End, I will be glad to see the back of them as the games have the potential to cost me money.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would have been looking forward to it anyway, but my excitement is a notch or two higher given that I was able to get some tickets and so am actually going to the Games (well, 2 and a half hours of them at any rate).

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Not really that excited. No one wants to win at exercise...

Have a ticket to the football in Cardiff for England, but my partner unfortunately has to have an operation that day so with her now rather than going. I'll maybe catch a little of it on TV, but not really too fussed to be honest.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Will definitely catch a bit of athletics and some track cycling. With all the extra coverage available I may pick another sport to understand the minutiae of. Possibly wrestling.

I'll be avoiding all the sports I don't think should be there:
football (already has WC and u21 comps)
tennis (we just had wimbledon)
equestrian (because the horses don't get the medal)
Rhythmic Gymnastics and Synchronised Swimming (both very hard, but look silly and don't fit the olympic idea for me)
Modern Pentathlon (a relic of the class system and they call it 'modern')
Taekwondo (Muay Thai would be better and the whole Aaron Cook/WTF thing means a very minor sport has managed to discredit itself)
Weightlifting (has there been an occasion on which no wrestlers were sent home following a doping violation?)
and of course Triathlon ( Kenny Powers )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here