Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How interested are you in the Olympics

How interested are you in the Olympics

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On a scale of 1-10? 1 being totally disinterested

I'm sure some of you would have been MUCH more excited if David Beckham had been in the football team :smile:

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Have tickets for both Cycle Road races, will go and see Cycle Time Trial for free, Then we have an evening in velodrome for the Track cycling, an evening of Athletics and I may try and get up to see the Marathon races. Did not get tickets until the third ballot but perseverance paid in the end.

Looking forward to the 24 channel HD coverage as well. May make up for the poor cricket season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
3 - It's no different to ANY other Olympics for me. If I was going to any of the events it would make a difference that it was in the UK. I'm not, so it doesn't.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If they (whoever they are) announced that the Olympics was cancelled and THEREFORE the football season had been brought forward nearly a month, I'd be BLOODY delighted.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

Have tickets for the Athletics at the Olympic Stadium and Football at Old Trafford. I cannot wait - have already wasted far too much money on unneeded Olympic tat.

However, it is one more sports event ticked off my bucket list.

EDIT: For clarity, I always get excited about the Olympics - I'm not necessarily a '2012' bandwagon-jumper, but I am definitely more excited by the prospect that 1) I'm going, and 2) is is in our country.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
3 - It's no different to ANY other Olympics for me. If I was going to any of the events it would make a difference that it was in the UK. I'm not, so it doesn't.

I'm the complete opposite, yes I enjoy most olympics but I wouldn't be anticipating it with excitement like I am this one. I have no tickets but I think it being in London doubles the excitement for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But why are you not going? Too much hassle getting a ticket? No interest in anything?

My personal take is that I can live with gridlock at the Amex after a football match but there is not a single Olympic event that I'd be willing to play sardines in london traffic or on rail or bus services to watch. Even if I had a ticket.

Other than that I agree watching on TV will make it just like any other Olympics.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Looking forward to the cycling and sailing, plus some of the athletics, but not sure how much of it we'll actually get to see over here.

Beyond UAE vs England football, of course.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
10 for me as well.

I remember 7 years ago when it London won the games, and I was bloody delighted - and I still am.

The Olympics taking place in my home Country will only happen once in my lifetime, and now I just want the whole thing to get going.

Dewe-Road-Gull

Jul 11, 2012
1 - cant be arsed with it, just another reason to stay away from London. On the other hand the sooner it starts the sooner it finishes and the sooner the season begins!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
9. It would be 10 if I'd managed to get any tickets for athletics or swimming, but will still be travelling to London to watch the women's marathon and both men's and women's triathlons.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Have tickets for the Athletics at the Olympic Stadium and Football at Old Trafford. I cannot wait - have already wasted far too much money on unneeded Olympic tat.

However, it is one more sports event ticked off my bucket list.

EDIT: For clarity, I always get excited about the Olympics - I'm not necessarily a '2012' bandwagon-jumper, but I am definitely more excited by the prospect that 1) I'm going, and 2) is is in our country.

Out of interest, have you ever been to an athletics meeting before?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here