Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Glen Johnson missed the England team photo

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Thing is, when you refer to "a good game", do you take into account what is expect of each player?

I.e. Emile Heskey is expected to:

be positionally aware, make space for others, win the ball, hold the ball up, lay it off etc

Not

Score, show flair and technical ability - "he didn't ever look like scoring so he played shit".

I had this argument with my housemate about Welbeck. he didnt seem to understand that becuase he didnt score and run at the French, he didnt have a bad game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I had this argument with my housemate about Welbeck. he didnt seem to understand that becuase he didnt score and run at the French, he didnt have a bad game.

With the very limited opportunity he had, I thought Welbeck played very well, showed a very promising first touch and link up/understanding with players around him.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
With the very limited opportunity he had, I thought Welbeck played very well, showed a very promising first touch and link up/understanding with players around him.

completley agree, although some people just dont want to see the positives.

however this is not the argument. Johnson had a good game and done what was asked of him.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

Exactly what I thought. Was very impressed with his touch and skill. Haven't seen much of him before to be honest. Can see now why he was taken to cover Rooney.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You want me to change my opinion because you dont agree with it ?

No, not at all.

But claiming you'll be the 'first' to admit he had a good game is laughable when you're the only one who didnt think he had a good one on Monday.

He is going to have to MESSI it for you to acknowledge it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Exactly what I thought. Was very impressed with his touch and skill. Haven't seen much of him before to be honest. Can see now why he was taken to cover Rooney.

He will partner Rooney I hope. With Young moving to the left side of midfield.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He will partner Rooney I hope. With Young moving to the left side of midfield.

Pretty sure that's what'll happen. If we can stay solid, and then IF Rooney comes into the side firing on all cylinders, we could actually get somewhere in this tournament. (Probably semis at best).

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton

Nah, he was shit!

:fishing:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whole back 5 can be perfectly happy with their performances in this tournament.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He had a good game yesterday, still a bloody liability in my opinion

The sooner walker comes in the side the better.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He was f***ing awful against Sweden, I didnt start a thread about it though claiming I was right all along......

Im suprised you bounced this thread based on one good game to be honest.

Oh. I thought he played in 4. All of which he played very well.

Which one was his 'one' good game?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He played well against Ukraine and Italy. Was poor against France, got lucky, and was woeful against Sweden

We clearly not going to agree on this, but hey ho.

Its over, back to the proper business of the Albion now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here