Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Glen Johnson missed the England team photo

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of his best games in an England shirt.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
On natural ability Richards would be ahead of him, but it seems clear (from THREE managers now) that he has issues with taking orders.

I can't think of anyone else. And no, Phil Jones shouldn't be playing there.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I cursed at the pub telly more than once about Johnson driting out of position. I thought it was noticeable in a team seemingly so well drilled that Johnson was the one doing his own thing the most. He was good enough on Monday but I think he is a f*** up waiting to happen.

Glad I wasn't the only one!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Of the top of my head... and im sure there are more

Walker
Richards
Simpson
Smalling
Jones

All of them i would rather have at right back than Johnson.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From your list, compared to Johnson

Better defensively:

Possibly Jones, although again felt that Johnson was generally solid on Monday.

Better going forward:

None of them. No question.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
PS

Name the other 5 players who would get in front of him. Seeing as he's 5th 'AT BEST', I'm sure you can place him 6th with considerable ease.

Kyle Walker, Micah Richards, Phil Jones. I'd have him 4th. No let's say 5th - Gary Neville is there too. Even at his age.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
In fact I'd have Milner at right back before Johnson. I reckon if they swapped positions, we'd probbaly be better.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
It's probably social suicide on this thread but I actually agree PARTIALLY with Marshy. Glenn Johnson is one of our weak links. He had a good game FOR HIM against France, but he's a liability defensively generally speaking.

Anyone playing in front of him is hampered by the fact that Johnson will literally bomb forward, without a second thought, at a moments notice & is stuck covering for him - see James Milner.

Micah Richards is a better all-round right back & should be there. He's more disciplined, yet still provides an attacking threat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here