Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you stop a cat shatting in your garden?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
cardboard said:
Probably only Milk Tray

You could deposit pieces of Terrys Chocolate orange around the garden.

This will deter cats which don't like the citrus smell and also fool them into thinking another animal has laid perfect segment shaped turds around the garden.

When they melt and go runny, other cats will think that a colleague has fallen victim to the above mentioned bicarbonate of soda and vineger method.

For extra security I would liberally sprinkle olbas oil on the chocolate before distribution.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The method here is very effective, have three large cat hating dogs that roam the large back garden looking for extra food. Last night a fox got chewed up by one of them.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Citrus is the way to go as mentioned by a couple of posters. My 2 hate the stuff as I believe most cats do.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
If I was to "borrow" someones dog to piss on my garden, or sod it ..have a turd on the garden (my thinking here is one large dog poo instead of 20 smaller cat ones) this might work.

Right I'm off to borrow a friends dog, i'll report back in a few days.

:clap:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
this will do the trick

url]

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
seagullion said:
this will do the trick

url]
dart-smiley.gif
........WORKS EVERY TIME, THOUGH TUNGSTEN CAN WORK OUT EXPENSIVE IF THE PROBLEM IS BAD

Last edited:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Caveman said:
If I was to "borrow" someones dog to piss on my garden, or sod it ..have a turd on the garden (my thinking here is one large dog poo instead of 20 smaller cat ones) this might work.

Right I'm off to borrow a friends dog, i'll report back in a few days.

:clap:

Honestly mate. Use Lemons. Smells better than dog dumps and Doggy Doo's does not put cats off of dumping in your garden.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Easy if you live in Brighton. Sell your back garden to a property developer who will build an estate of luxury apartments, some of them affordable, on the site of the former back garden. These will be snapped up by Londoners for Buy-To-Let purposes and rented out to young Professionals with a strict no-pets policy.

Problem solved

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FalmerforAll!** said:
Just do what I do,look at the cat from your window and then run downstairs,have a rake by the front door,pick it up and run at it.Should scare it away.;)

Always keep the rake by the front door in an upright position though. Else you run the risk of a rake-related injury.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Our knob of a neighbour is waging a one man war against the local cats, he's tried:
citrus peel, half filled plastic bottles (reflection?), silver foil, chilli spray and vinegar.... NONE of which works.

We cured our problem overnight with the acquisition of our German S/H Pointer. Never seen the cats move so fast when hes on their tail. Problem is they now just stay in the neighbours garden:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Tom Hark said:
How do you stop him shatting in your garden?

We cured our problem by getting two black labs, but they shit even more, little buggers.:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here