Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you stop a cat shatting in your garden?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
ben andrews girlfriend said:
got to say that this has got to be the funniest thread in ages!!

I'll go along with that......hilarious in fact.

:lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Time for a little jungle warfare if you ask me. Dig neat hole in garden, about 3 to 4ft deep. Place sharp knives facing up, and some broken glass, then cover hole with light collapse-able twigs and straws, leaves and stuff.
Enjoy results the next day :thumbsup:

I will see if I can find a recipe for 'buggered cat' and let you know.

Now, if you wish to catch and torture the feline before turning into garden mulch and compost - try several mousetraps (or rat ones, larger) distributed around the area. Tie a string to each one and reel the one in that appears to have snared this catch.

Cat is very flammable when a rum flambe is applied, it de-furs the meat and this will also finally discourage the meal from further struggle before consumption.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Not only do I have a problem with the neighbourhood cats but last night the kids told me that we have a birds nest in the attic.

Where did I go wrong that everything out there seems to take a shine to my house and garden.:nono: :nono: :nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Using anything that smells is useless because rain washes out any smell.

If you have been pruning any hedges then leave the twigs all over the mulches because cats need somewhere comfortable to squat whilst defecating.

If you haven't then buy garden sticks (cheaper than bamboo canes) and break them up into 6 inch lengths. Stick in the gardne vertically every 6 inches or so - consequence - no comfortable space for Tiddles to tiddle so to speak.

After a few months you can take all the sticks out again because they will have found somewhere else regularly to go.

Tip courtesy of Alan Titchmarsh.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
We've got a dog but cats still shit in our garden.
It's not a problem though - as the dog eats cat shit.

Gulp! I don't have a dog!

I've also unearthed what appears to be "white cat poo",
now this brought tears to my eyes, not only because of the smell, but when was the last time you saw white shite..??

P.S. Please tell me you don't let your dog lick your face?

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Thanks Dover, we have a couple of decent asian supermarkets in Gloucester, I will go and buy a catering pack of chilli powder and paint my garden red...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
i suppose gully that if you can't beat them
bloody well join them because when they see
a richard that big they're piss themselves
and hot foot it out of there !!!!!1

ziggy

Sep 19, 2003
Hastings
Caveman said:
Is this a lady with two large towers...? If so anytime after 5.30pm:lolol:

She's a cat!
But she has the temprement of Vinnie Jones when she sees another cat!

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
MY dad throws my football boots at em and if they hit with the studs they don't come back. Bloody things used to shat everywhere

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Cracking good idea Portslade, but I am new to the street and still trying to suss out and make a good impression with the neighbours (particularly the lass across the road), what will they think of me if they see me taking a dump in the garden? Think I will stick with the Chilli idea, far less damaging on the environment, and my reputation...

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't know about Caveman but they are still doing it in my front garden and occasionally on the grass at the back...

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I've heard that cats 'go' in foreign territory. So if you welcome them in and be nice to them, your garden is no longer out of bounds and they'll go further afield.

But this could also be b*ll*cks.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Our next door neighbours are about to move who have three black cats. One of their cats is allergic to some cat food but goes into a house opposite us through the cat flap, eats their cats food and is then sick on the kitchen floor.

Therefore a good way to solve a cat problem is to get the owners to move out.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
we have 2 cats and they kept shitting all over our garden. aswell as other peoples cats. we tryed training them but have been told that 1 of them has a mentle disorder. problem is it would be unfair to make our cats shit in next door neighbours garden instead. so here was our solution and it works. dig over a small area of fresh soil. they will shit in it all the time. this is not what you want though.
the bit you do want is lemon juice, it is a poison to cats. this does tend too wash away eventually. but you can buy some brilliant lemon scented thyme, produced by doome valley (ours was anyway). plant this around your garden it is a beautiful herb. and it does keep the cats away. it works for me anyway.
wish we could just get rid of the cats instead. dont think the kids would be too happy though.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Brightonfan1983 said:
I've heard that cats 'go' in foreign territory. So if you welcome them in and be nice to them, your garden is no longer out of bounds and they'll go further afield.

But this could also be b*ll*cks.

It is b*ll*cks. One of our own cats uses our garden all of the time.

Water is the best weapon - whether a water pistol or a jet washer. There is much entertainment in soaking a cat thoroughly with a hosepipe. And not only that, the cat goes home and gets its owner's house wet too.

Ands why don't all dogs eat cat poo? Only one of ours does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here